Feely Breaks His Silence

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most were weary of the Trestman hire after that first year, hell a good amount were weary of Trestman after the Tucker hire

I call BS on this. So many people defending his "rookie" mistakes. So many people praising how he turned the offense around (where I credited Jeffery's emergence as a possible reason. Yeah, I was labeled insane). So many defending him from taking over a 10-6 and being 8-8 because Lovie only beat bad teams. There was nearly 100% blind faith in Trestman in his first year and at the beginning of his second season.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I call BS on this. So many people defending his "rookie" mistakes. So many people praising how he turned the offense around (where I credited Jeffery's emergence as a possible reason. Yeah, I was labeled insane). So many defending him from taking over a 10-6 and being 8-8 because Lovie only beat bad teams. There was nearly 100% blind faith in Trestman in his first year and at the beginning of his second season.
Actually yes, most people defended Trestman's mistakes. Most people thought he would learn from it, adapt, and become a better coach.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Yep.

Give you lots of credit for never belieivng in Marc. I was full on board with you this season. I think the Vikings game is where I really started wondering him overthinking shit with stats.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Actually yes, most people defended Trestman's mistakes. Most people thought he would learn from it, adapt, and become a better coach.

I was one who hoped he would improve and do better.... I don't think anyone actually saw his epic shitshow/collapse of a 2nd season coming.

People can say whatever they want but I don't recall anyone predicting Trestman's 2nd year being an epic collapse followed by him and Emery being fired.

I am sure plenty of Captain hindsights said it once we were halfway through the season but I don't recall anyone predicting it before the season began.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was one who hoped he would improve and do better.... I don't think anyone actually saw his epic shitshow/collapse of a 2nd season coming.

People can say whatever they want but I don't recall anyone predicting Trestman's 2nd year being an epic collapse followed by him and Emery being fired.

I am sure plenty of Captain hindsights said it once we were halfway through the season but I don't recall anyone predicting it before the season began.
Nope... Most people figured the Bears would somehow go 7-9 or 8-8 and we'd go into year 3 of this shit... Then he might get fired if failing again. But the epic collapse and loss of locker room and the team constantly losing by 40 points made the decision easy. But I don't recall anyone saying anything before the beginning of this season either.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I hated and had no respect for Trestman but I did not see a collapse coming. And outside of hiring Trestman I thought Emery was doing a fine job so I didn't see that coming either.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hated and had no respect for Trestman but I did not see a collapse coming. And outside of hiring Trestman I thought Emery was doing a fine job so I didn't see that coming either.
Well Trestman is what got Emery fired.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

And rightfully so. I don't think Emery was doing that bad of a job, but he fucked up that coaching hire so bad, it was just too big. You couldn't trust him to hire another one.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well yeah but I think the consensus around here seemed to be that Emery would get a 2 HC chance before getting canned. Not that the consensus here is reliable but I believed it.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was certainly disappointed to see Emery go. Trestman I had no more allegiance to anymore by mid-season. Firing Emery really did bother me. It is what it is, I won't act as if it wasn't warranted due to how badly Trestman worked out.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Well yeah but I think the consensus around here seemed to be that Emery would get a 2 HC chance before getting canned. Not that the consensus here is reliable but I believed it.

I think if Emery canned Trestman midseason, that may have given him another coaching hire.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
After the Dallas and New Orleans blowout losses, I knew Emery was gone. Management was just incredibly embarrassed, they needed to shed themselves of the man responsible for Trestman.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I was probably the only one that called the win against San Fran when everyone was down on the team.. I'll admit it.

llaf.gif

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;esUTn6L0UDU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esUTn6L0UDU[/video]

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think that and the Cutler contract were 50-50. Ownership can't have liked the way Trestman turned out and they obviously hate having buyer's remose regarding 54 million of their dollars.