Feely Breaks His Silence

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think that and the Cutler contract were 50-50. Ownership can't have liked the way Trestman turned out and they obviously hate having buyer's remose regarding 54 million of their dollars.
Leave it to you to make this a Cutler thread! v-:

You're probably right.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think that and the Cutler contract were 50-50. Ownership can't have liked the way Trestman turned out and they obviously hate having buyer's remose regarding 54 million of their dollars.

I don't think that if Trestman's team wasn't getting dominated and outcoached on a weekly basis that Emery would've been fired. Even with Cutler's subpar play.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think that if Trestman's team wasn't getting dominated and outcoached on a weekly basis that Emery would've been fired. Even with Cutler's subpar play.

Perhaps, but the two aren't unrelated. Part of Trestman's failure was not being able to work his magic with Cutler like he did with McCown and Gannon (in other words, not being able to make a chocolate shake out of diarrhea, which is hardly his fault).

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Perhaps, but the two aren't unrelated. Part of Trestman's failure was not being able to work his magic with Cutler like he did with McCown and Gannon (in other words, not being able to make a chocolate shake out of diarrhea, which is hardly his fault).

Not disagreeing entirely, just think Bears management could've lived much easier with the contract snafu than the coaching fiasco. What makes it more egregious, IMO, are the options Emery passed over for Trestman.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not disagreeing entirely, just think Bears management could've lived much easier with the contract snafu than the coaching fiasco. What makes it more egregious, IMO, are the options Emery passed over for Trestman.
True. Regardless of which of the two is bigger, I think it's safe to say these two blunders likely played the biggest part in his firing. Good riddance. I welcome the Pace era with open arms.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
True. Regardless of which of the two is bigger, I think it's safe to say these two blunders likely played the biggest part in his firing. Good riddance. I welcome the Pace era with open arms.

Why am I seeing a future where you are arguing with people about whether you supported Pace early on in his Bears GM career or not and you quoting this post with the date you posted it and then being all...

BOOM GAME OVER I TOTES WON DIS SHIT WOOT WOOT

:lol:

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Why am I seeing a future where you are arguing with people about whether you supported Pace early on in his Bears GM career or not and you quoting this post with the date you posted it and then being all...

he is right 90% of the time

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;TuxdjVI-5r0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuxdjVI-5r0[/video]

One of my fav movies ever.

Oh when I was a young guy I used to dream bout riding my triumph on the beaches of Cali with some hot 80s chick blasting this song..

Yes, I'm serious.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;DP_lSpeK69c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP_lSpeK69c[/video]

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Am I desbro?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny how it only took half a season for desbro to give up on Trestman yet Cutler can under perform and fail to meet expectations for 6 years running and it doesn't bother him at all... lol

carazy.gif

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah but this board has a habit of repeating history lol
I think I have a pretty good track record of admitting when I'm wrong.

Rare as it may be :smoke:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Have you guys figured out you are wrong and desperado is right? It isn't that hard to figure out

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Feely breaks his silence? More like Feely breaks his career...
Who is going to hire him after he fills in for an injured kicker then outs the team in the media after the year ends?

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
Feely breaks his silence? More like Feely breaks his career...
Who is going to hire him after he fills in for an injured kicker then outs the team in the media after the year ends?

He's like 62 anyway. Who cares. It was his last stab at getting a paycheck. No one was ever going to put him on the roster again.