Feely Breaks His Silence

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Love our fans. Coach can't lead so we blame our QB. Plenty of QBs are not leaders. Not entirely defending Cutler here but in Chicago we blame the QB FOR EVERYTHING.

Bingo.

Honestly, I've heard this 'leader' shit more in the last 6 months than I have in 40 years of watching NFL and college football.

I've also heard numerous players and analysts say it's complete horseshit - LaVar Arrington, for example. Said, it's simple - you lead by the way you play on the field.

Do guys who are paid $4M a year really need some other dipshit giving them a rah rah speech? If Jay were a 'leader', would that make Martellus drop fewer passes? Would it make sure footed Robbie Gould not miss any field goals? Would 'vocal leader' Jay Ratliffe make Brock Vereen remember what goddamn coverage to be in?

Players doing their jobs and coaches putting players in their best position to do their jobs is more critical.

I think we can draw parallels to the business world. I don't care about 'leaders'. I look at colleagues and leadership (by title, not nebulous 'role') and it comes down to respect for the abilities and decision making. I value the 'leadership' of my CEO because he's tracking our company to IPO and I have an equity stake. I value his 'leadership' because a) he's done it before at 2 other companies, b) he can point that track record of success, c) he's surrounded himself with great people who are pulling on the same rope and more importantly, that he's worked with before and have helped him get those other two companies to successful IPO and d) his vision for WHERE we are going (IPO) - HOW we are going to get there, WHAT can stand in our way and WHO will do WHAT to make it happen.

Sound familiar?

That is leadership. I need my CEO and the head of each respective group (Product, Finance, Support) to articulate and execute to that vision. I don't the Sales Director from Dallas to say it. I really don't give a shit what that guy thinks.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if Cutler was walking around yelling at players for not blocking, or shoulder bumping them for it he would be a "Leader"? Or yelling at receivers who drop passes or run wrong routes? Got it.

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
Bingo.

Honestly, I've heard this 'leader' shit more in the last 6 months than I have in 40 years of watching NFL and college football.

I've also heard numerous players and analysts say it's complete horseshit - LaVar Arrington, for example. Said, it's simple - you lead by the way you play on the field.

Do guys who are paid $4M a year really need some other dipshit giving them a rah rah speech? If Jay were a 'leader', would that make Martellus drop fewer passes? Would it make sure footed Robbie Gould not miss any field goals? Would 'vocal leader' Jay Ratliffe make Brock Vereen remember what goddamn coverage to be in?

Players doing their jobs and coaches putting players in their best position to do their jobs is more critical.

I think we can draw parallels to the business world. I don't care about 'leaders'. I look at colleagues and leadership (by title, not nebulous 'role') and it comes down to respect for the abilities and decision making. I value the 'leadership' of my CEO because he's tracking our company to IPO and I have an equity stake. I value his 'leadership' because a) he's done it before at 2 other companies, b) he can point that track record of success, c) he's surrounded himself with great people who are pulling on the same rope and more importantly, that he's worked with before and have helped him get those other two companies to successful IPO and d) his vision for WHERE we are going (IPO) - HOW we are going to get there, WHAT can stand in our way and WHO will do WHAT to make it happen.

Sound familiar?

That is leadership. I need my CEO and the head of each respective group (Product, Finance, Support) to articulate and execute to that vision. I don't the Sales Director from Dallas to say it. I really don't give a shit what that guy thinks.

Don't you work as head intake at a sperm bank though?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Trestmans demeanor and Browns comment made me question the move... Absolutely. I may get shit about Arians because I was such a fan of him as HC; but I always stuck by my word on wanting Arians over Trestman.

Nerd, dork, awkward. Whatever you want to call it, I believed Brown. Dude had no business being a HC of a NFL franchise. Say what you will.

I switched. I originally wanted Trestman, then Arians til the end then back to Trestman. Either one I felt would have been a good hire, do doubt about that. What Arians did in Indy was pretty damn impressive and what he has done in AZ is nothing short of remarkable. They have been a crappy franchise for a few years now and Arians came in, brought in castoffs like Palmer and has this team in the playoffs. From what I have readm he has changed the whole attitude and culture in AZ and has improved on every level with the players. Not hard to see why he's up for Coach of the Year for the second year in a row. He did hire Daryl Drake as WR coach though, so he loses points for that.

Well this is akward?

Source - http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...arc-Trestman-or-Bruce-Arians?highlight=arians

Last edited:

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
oh burnnn...
I'll be honest, I wanted Arians during the search. After the hire, i was made to believe we got some diamond in the rough and i bought in, but nope, it was just a shitty spork from taco bell someone littered in Canada.

And that spork didn't even have pintos and cheese remains on it. Fucking bullshit.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
oh burnnn...
I'll be honest, I wanted Arians during the search. After the hire, i was made to believe we got some diamond in the rough and i bought in, but nope, it was just a shitty spork from taco bell someone littered in Canada.

I wanted Arians too, but was willing to give Trestman a fair shake

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if Cutler was walking around yelling at players for not blocking, or shoulder bumping them for it he would be a "Leader"? Or yelling at receivers who drop passes or run wrong routes? Got it.

No, if it were Cutler doing that he would be a thug..I remember Jay Glazers comments after the Jamarcus Webb incident..''"If he ever did that to me"......

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
picgifs-abandon-thread-fuck-this-shit-0259693.gif

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I work in deposits.

That said, I realize there are the 'funny guys' on this forum.

Can I ask a question - when will the funny guys actually be funny?

When I stop making terrible jokes.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I wanted Arians too, but was willing to give Trestman a fair shake

I was a fan of McCoy...when they hired Trestman...I was thinking...who the hell is this guy?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts: