FIBA World Cup Game thread 2014[Now Finals]

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
It's so strange reading this because not too long ago we were hearing things like "Rose is the best PG in the league" and "Rose is one of the best finishers in the game" and now it's like "meh...he's not that great at finishing"

Just funny how things have changed. A little sad too I guess.

Yeah I know, breaks my heart too. Rose has weaknesses? I thought life was a freaking fairytale.:shrug:

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bro....it has a different weight. and texture. I have a female friend visiting me and I have been training on a womens ball....they bounce out the rim more if hit because they are lighter and naturally firmer, bouncier. you dont know what your talking about. The FIBA ball is squirrely

Women balls are one size smaller than mens, but go on ...

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
The fact that he is missing layups does not bother me. That is something small that can be fixed with some practice. I'm more worried about his general demeanor. He hasn't played aggressive, and he has really been deferential to his teammates, even during garbage time where nobody would care if he went iso. That said he's had some pretty nice assists, and at least we can hold on to the hope that he just doesn't feel the need to be aggressive. I'm definitely pessimistic, but I'm trying to reserve judgment for regular season.

He has stated time and time again, he's the facilitator and he has done a very good job performing that role. It was only until a few games ago, at the behest of Coach K, that he started playing more aggressively. He's been happy being the PG and playing all out defense, which I might add is the best on the perimeter that the team has.

Quite simply, this Team USA is not a cohesive unit in general. It was cobbled together after 2 players dropped pre-camp due to free agency, one was lost to a horrific injury, and the Star of the team dropped for fear of injury after that. To be honest, I'm not shocked how terrible the team is shooting, or how high the turnovers are. They spent an entire camp running an offense around Durant, only to have him drop out mere days before they started exhibition play. There was NO ONE on the team to replace that. It is unreasonable to think that Rose would have to suddenly be THE GUY when this is the first competitive basketball he's played in nearly a year.

Everyone needs to take a breath and calm the f down. He's rusty. His timing is off. He's playing with players he's never played with before. He needs time to work back into things and this was the time he was going to do it. None of that has changed. Team USA is still likely going to win the championship. The experience will better prepare Rose for the upcoming season just like it was supposed to.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are so much better than everyone that its not a competition. I don't think it would have mattered had we played Spain.

This particular unit just has fantastic balance. They haven't even played great, it isn't the most exciting, but there is a huge margin for error because we have 3-point shooting and rebounding and especially young defense.

YFC

Liked Posts:
Everyone needs to take a breath and calm the f down. He's rusty. His timing is off. He's playing with players he's never played with before. He needs time to work back into things and this was the time he was going to do it. None of that has changed. Team USA is still likely going to win the championship. The experience will better prepare Rose for the upcoming season just like it was supposed to.

I back you up. I am just surprised to see how much rust there is on him. In my defense, I never looked so closely at anybody coming back from two consecutive major knee injuries. I expected him to be better than this. But fine.

Hopefully he will shake half of his rust off in the training camp and preseason games. But that probably won't happen until Christmas, and I will not be expecting Rose at the top of his game until the end of the season, if he stays healthy for that long, which itself is a blessing.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
I think people need to get over this. No player has really lit it up shooting wise. I've seen many struggle as well. They all say they don't like the ball as it's a different weight and very slippery. I think this is a big reason we see a bunch of missed layups as well.

The slippery ball skips off the glass differently. It's very similar to playing with the white metal backboards and then playing with the glass backboards. I remember when I first played with a glass backboard. The ball definitely comes off differently.

Rose is experiencing being rusty at a time he's got to use this weird ball. I don't think he or anyone else is making excuses, but it does make a difference. We should focus on the agility and other stuff for Rose right now. Personally, I think his shooting will improve dramatically when he gets back with the Bulls.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
We are so much better than everyone that its not a competition. I don't think it would have mattered had we played Spain.

This particular unit just has fantastic balance. They haven't even played great, it isn't the most exciting, but there is a huge margin for error because we have 3-point shooting and rebounding and especially young defense.

Weren't you the one crying about Durant dropping out, and how we had no bigs to match up with Spain?

Never doubt NBA talent, man. Even our B-listers dominate the rest of the world.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
USA is obviously gonna win... but if Serbia were to somehow pull it off, I won't be mad. I'm Serbian. Go USA and Serbia!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yall watch the LeBron classics last night?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
wow, great shooting performance from Irving, Harden, and that shot by Thompson was ridiculous.

This team can shoot and it made things easy.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
derrick with another zero basket effort

he did have 6 assist but cant score for the life of him

anyway...team usa won but i only watched team usa games so the tourney was boring...not even one game was close

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, it's almost pointless watching the FIBA tourney. We always dominate.

YFC

Liked Posts:
Rose took more than twice as many shots as DeRozan. They both scored 43 pts.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really hope that this was just rust for Rose. But part of me fears that he really just isn't the same anymore. Mentally, I mean. Physically, he looks fine. But he just doesn't seem confident at all to me.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really hope that this was just rust for Rose. But part of me fears that he really just isn't the same anymore. Mentally, I mean. Physically, he looks fine. But he just doesn't seem confident at all to me.

But that will come. The important thing at his age is physcially was he changed? was his game altered? He looks as athletic as ever. He didn't gain much court experience but he still has another two years of NBA observation. Now with the FIBA play again and once again being around the best coaches in the world and playing technical basketball that matters.

He's fine. we need to relax.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So who's gonna jump to the conclusion that Kyrie's gonna outperform Rose in the regular season based on this tournament? :deer: