FIBA World Cup Game thread 2014[Now Finals]

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Rose back to sucking :kermit:

so Rose is gonna be Brandon Roy and give you those brief flashes of his old self but hes pretty much done

[video=youtube;pJjeZ4Scm9E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJjeZ4Scm9E[/video]

Reactions: YFC

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so Rose is gonna be Brandon Roy and give you those brief flashes of his old self but hes pretty much done

[video=youtube;pJjeZ4Scm9E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJjeZ4Scm9E[/video]
giphy.gif

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
loll Davis just fouled out on a technical

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose with another absolute shit game.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Watching these games is really making me pessimistic about rose. My only hope is that he doesn't feel the need to be aggressive bc of all the other stars.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watching these games is really making me pessimistic about rose. My only hope is that he doesn't feel the need to be aggressive bc of all the other stars.
I'm pretty sure that's the case. He's said time and time again that his role was to play defense and move the ball around, not to score a ton of points. He's only taken more shots the past two games because the coaches told him to. Even then I'm sure he feels very little pressure to score.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter. It's better he plays as much competitive ball now 2 -3 months before the season starts. Preseason starts in a month. More games. All good.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

Most of his layups that are rimming out, I attribute A LOT of that to the slicker, lighter ball that FIBA uses. I think it's a big reason why the entire Team USA is struggling with their shots. They are going to start falling and when they do, WATCH OUT!

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Most of his layups that are rimming out, I attribute A LOT of that to the slicker, lighter ball that FIBA uses. I think it's a big reason why the entire Team USA is struggling with their shots. They are going to start falling and when they do, WATCH OUT!

His shots are "rimming" out because he lacks control when he drives to the basket in order to avoid defenders. Rose needs to learn how to slow down sometimes, and focus on being more controlled and fluid movements.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
The fact that he is missing layups does not bother me. That is something small that can be fixed with some practice. I'm more worried about his general demeanor. He hasn't played aggressive, and he has really been deferential to his teammates, even during garbage time where nobody would care if he went iso. That said he's had some pretty nice assists, and at least we can hold on to the hope that he just doesn't feel the need to be aggressive. I'm definitely pessimistic, but I'm trying to reserve judgment for regular season.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
His shots are "rimming" out because he lacks control when he drives to the basket in order to avoid defenders. Rose needs to learn how to slow down sometimes, and focus on being more controlled and fluid movements.
Isn't that just a timing thing? Doesn't really matter how hard he crashes to the basket if he's able to get the ball up at the appropriate time. Most people on this site were hoping he would ease up on slashing to the rim, so in a way this is what people wanted

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's so strange reading this because not too long ago we were hearing things like "Rose is the best PG in the league" and "Rose is one of the best finishers in the game" and now it's like "meh...he's not that great at finishing"

Just funny how things have changed. A little sad too I guess.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:

I´m using both, Spalding NBA and FIBA Molten balls every day and I can´t feel a difference at all. Don´t think that has anything to do with it. As for the threes it´s more likely the different distance that makes the US boys miss a little more.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its rimming out because the ball is lighter and bouncier, and Rose is one of those special feel PG's that has incredible finishing touch and spin off the glass.

Its ridiculous to question his finishing as anything other than the ball and rust.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rust and timing ..... fine!

But to blame the ball ..... :oprah:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rust and timing ..... fine!

But to blame the ball ..... :oprah:

Bro....it has a different weight. and texture. I have a female friend visiting me and I have been training on a womens ball....they bounce out the rim more if hit because they are lighter and naturally firmer, bouncier. you dont know what your talking about. The FIBA ball is squirrely

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
The fact that he is missing layups does not bother me. That is something small that can be fixed with some practice. I'm more worried about his general demeanor. He hasn't played aggressive, and he has really been deferential to his teammates, even during garbage time where nobody would care if he went iso. That said he's had some pretty nice assists, and at least we can hold on to the hope that he just doesn't feel the need to be aggressive. I'm definitely pessimistic, but I'm trying to reserve judgment for regular season.

LOL!