Fields Day 1 Starter.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Who we think should start and who we think will start are two very different things.

No matter how different they are in reality, there's no doubt Pace and Nagy see this as a Smith/Mahomes situation. I think it's going to take Fields forcing their hand for them to start Fields anywhere near the start of the season. And he may do just that.

If every guy in that locker room knows throughout OTAs and training camp that this is clearly the best QB on the roster, there's no covering that up to start the season.

That said, I think Pace and Nagy see themselves as Dorsey and Reid. They've got a plan, and that plan is the Mahomes plan.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Here is the thing I want you to elaborate on, why are you okay with him playing meaningless games? I would think that in meaningless games the chances of injury would increase. Is it because you don't have faith in Fields, the Oline or Nagy? I feel quite the opposite I am okay with him sitting during meaningless games, if we cinch a first round bye I'm okay with him sitting out the last game to get healthy to start in his first playoff game. Unless we have to watch Dalton blow the first 3 or 4 games before rushing him in to save Nagy's job, in which case we potentially miss the playoffs.

YES the Bears are a playoff team with Lions taking a step back at QB and the Packers completely going back to start without collecting $200.

I think as long as any QB other then Fields starts you are holding the ENTIRE team back from developing, learning the playbook that Nagy wants to run with Fields, and lettings the Oline and receivers gel with Fields play.

This is a good point, because the playbook and offensive style you run with Fields better be different than what you're running with Dalton. If you start the season with Dalton, aren't you just admitting that you're teaching Fields the wrong offense for an entire year? They're not making their offensive personnel learn two different offenses.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Who we think should start and who we think will start are two very different things.

No matter how different they are in reality, there's no doubt Pace and Nagy see this as a Smith/Mahomes situation. I think it's going to take Fields forcing their hand for them to start Fields anywhere near the start of the season. And he may do just that.

If every guy in that locker room knows throughout OTAs and training camp that this is clearly the best QB on the roster, there's no covering that up to start the season.

That said, I think Pace and Nagy see themselves as Dorsey and Reid. They've got a plan, and that plan is the Mahomes plan.
to bad they were to stupid to draft Mahomes ?lol

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Yay! Let’s get our generational QB talent killed behind the Bears OL! Winning!!!
This is actually not a bad take. They may just let Dalton take the abuse until they get the line sorted out and then let Fields take over.......
and, am I the only one that keeps getting tripped up with: I before e except after c......