Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I have been to several conferences that spend significant time talking about how to be a better leader in the workplace. Not once have they had a speaker talk about how important you look is to leading other people. Well, there is always some wisdom to dressing for the job you want, but Fields is doing that when he puts on that #1 jersey in Bears colors.

I mean, they talk about attitude, work ethic, having an overall philosophy and standard that is well communicated to everyone you want to lead. But never once has someone felt that looking like a leader made you a leader.

Thank you so much for the input. This is untapped ground for people who carefully consider leadership qualities. You should try to get a speaking role at a leadership conference. I am sure it will go over well to the crowd that is invested in learning about leadership - I would love to be there when you spend a portion of their afternoon talking about how looks are a leadership trait.

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
I have been to several conferences that spend significant time talking about how to be a better leader in the workplace. Not once have they had a speaker talk about how important you look is to leading other people. Well, there is always some wisdom to dressing for the job you want, but Fields is doing that when he puts on that #1 jersey in Bears colors.

I mean, they talk about attitude, work ethic, having an overall philosophy and standard that is well communicated to everyone you want to lead. But never once has someone felt that looking like a leader made you a leader.

Thank you so much for the input. This is untapped ground for people who carefully consider leadership qualities. You should try to get a speaking role at a leadership conference. I am sure it will go over well to the crowd that is invested in learning about leadership - I would love to be there when you spend a portion of their afternoon talking about how looks are a leadership trait.
If I was fighting for a spot next year Bears QB and I knew I was one of the greatest talents ever, I would do tricks with the ball like Mahomes does. It is leadership that questions the coaches' suggestions/orders. Especially if I know the coaches are losers. And they are not good for the team or its future. I would take control and win the game with my own performance.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If I was fighting for a spot next year Bears QB and I knew I was one of the greatest talents ever, I would do tricks with the ball like Mahomes does. It is leadership that questions the coaches' suggestions/orders. Especially if I know the coaches are losers. And they are not good for the team or its future. I would take control and win the game with my own performance.
Are you trying to be funny or do you genuinely not know what you are saying?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If you were fighting for a spot to be the Bears QB next year... You would act in a way that would put you on the bench? That borders on petulance and is the opposite of leadership.

Guy, do you not know what happens when the term "un-coachable" gets thrown around? The next coach would not want you around and you would be without a job. Other coaches wouldnt want you on their team because you would disobey their coaching to show up the way you want.

Your idea would take away your chance at the best payday you have ever had.

swerskisuperfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You clearly have never played team sports. Change a play call or undermine the coaching staff and see how that goes for you and your longevity with the organization. You will be labeled as a malcontent and that shit travels. With the plays that were called he absolutely took control with his play. 104 yards rushing and about 5 yrds per rush. The Rbs averaged about 2.2 (this is after they were not crashing DEs out of respect for Fields ). They rushed the ball about 50 times. He also made some pretty special throws and had about a 104 passing rating with about 40 or 50 more yards left out there on a perfect deep ball that should have sealed the game (one of about 2 pass plays called in final quarter and a half).

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
Are you trying to be funny or do you genuinely not know what you are saying?
And once again Fields had a chance for a game winning drive and he turns it over. Or was the real reason that she obeyed the coaching staff and their bad decisions not to use him as a running back, even though he had been unstoppable running all evening? You have to take control if you feel like it. That's leadership.

If you disagree, then Bill Belichick is the real goat and Tom Brady is his puppet.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He still looks like a new summer employee who takes all orders like a dog and unable to win games.

Is his skin too dark for you to think he looks like a leader?

:long:

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
If you were fighting for a spot to be the Bears QB next year... You would act in a way that would put you on the bench? That borders on petulance and is the opposite of leadership.

Guy, do you not know what happens when the term "un-coachable" gets thrown around? The next coach would not want you around and you would be without a job. Other coaches wouldnt want you on their team because you would disobey their coaching to show up the way you want.

Your idea would take away your chance at the best payday you have ever had.
Why don't any coaches ever trust Fields in important moments, but go where the fence is lowest? There has to be some explanation for that. During Eberflus's time, things look exactly the same as Nagy had. If these last 7 games are the ones to see if Fields is the right quarterback for this team, then they shouldn't take the ball out of his hands. The Bears' coaches are not first-year coaches in this sport, so they certainly know how to develop players. Especially if the Poles have ordered that Fields now has showtime until the end of the season. And not that the coaches have showtime past Fields.

Canth

Liked Posts:

It also depends on what 'leadership' position you examining. For example with politicians, I remember hearing that it is 70% how you look, 20% how you sound, and 10% what you say. Not going to say more than that as I don't want to derail the thread.

But yeah, for sports (and others), it's going to be similar to what you are talking about.

swerskisuperfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why don't any coaches ever trust Fields in important moments, but go where the fence is lowest? There has to be some explanation for that. During Eberflus's time, things look exactly the same as Nagy had. If these last 7 games are the ones to see if Fields is the right quarterback for this team, then they shouldn't take the ball out of his hands. The Bears' coaches are not first-year coaches in this sport, so they certainly know how to develop players. Especially if the Poles have ordered that Fields now has showtime until the end of the season. And not that the coaches have showtime past Fields.

I had to use my Little orphan Annie decoder ring to decipher this post but the short answer is the explanation is that they are shitty coaches. They do not know how to develop talent. They play not to lose and this is a Defensive HC mindset. They got up 12 and ran the clock down to 4 minutes any competent HC or DC should be able to win this game with 4 minutes left and a 12 point lead period end of story.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Christ you are a bad troll. At least make it difficult. Fields has had two coaches, so you can't exasperatedly say "why don't any coaches ever..." It is Nagy as an offensive minded HC, and Eberflus/Getsy. So let's talk about them.

Are you seriously arguing that Nagy and Getsy are good coaches? Because I think the case can be made that Nagy was high on his own farts and Flus is a coward. Your argument states that Fields is the problem and the coaches have been at the very least adequate. If that is the case, then at the very least, you should either also make the case that Nagy shouldnt have been fired because it is the fault of a rookie QB that he couldn't turn this team into a winner. Or you could be making the case that Getsy is going to make an absolute gem out of the next QB he coaches. But those are all shit ideas because neither Nagy nor Getsy are getting HC jobs next year.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Christ you are a bad troll. At least make it difficult. Fields has had two coaches, so you can't exasperatedly say "why don't any coaches ever..." It is Nagy as an offensive minded HC, and Eberflus/Getsy. So let's talk about them.

Are you seriously arguing that Nagy and Getsy are good coaches? Because I think the case can be made that Nagy was high on his own farts and Flus is a coward. Your argument states that Fields is the problem and the coaches have been at the very least adequate. If that is the case, then at the very least, you should either also make the case that Nagy shouldnt have been fired because it is the fault of a rookie QB that he couldn't turn this team into a winner. Or you could be making the case that Getsy is going to make an absolute gem out of the next QB he coaches. But those are all shit ideas because neither Nagy nor Getsy are getting HC jobs next year.
He isn't trolling, he just hadn't considered the logic you just laid out here, because he's a ****ing idiot.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm just waiting for a game where he takes the job home in the last quarter. Runs out the clock. Just one time please.

The Coaches have to be willing to do that.

You aren't paying attention, but the coaches go into turtle mode in the 4th quarter and even the 3rd quarter at times when they have a lead, which lets the other team right back in. And you can't say its because they don't trust Fields because they do it on both offense AND defense. Its a coaching philosophy.

That's a COACHING issue.

Canth

Liked Posts:
The Coaches have to be willing to do that.

You aren't paying attention, but the coaches go into turtle mode in the 4th quarter and even the 3rd quarter at times when they have a lead, which lets the other team right back in. And you can't say its because they don't trust Fields because they do it on both offense AND defense. Its a coaching philosophy.

That's a COACHING issue.

You are giving these coaches too much credit. We have seen them go into 'turtle' mode even without a lead.

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
I had to use my Little orphan Annie decoder ring to decipher this post but the short answer is the explanation is that they are shitty coaches. They do not know how to develop talent. They play not to lose and this is a Defensive HC mindset. They got up 12 and ran the clock down to 4 minutes any competent HC or DC should be able to win this game with 4 minutes left and a 12 point lead period end of story.
Honestly, a stupid way of thinking, especially when it's the second most points given in the entire season. This is not the monsters of the midway(2018) defense. Even though Goff faced again like that December 9th when he threw 4 interceptions.