Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He isn't trolling, he just hadn't considered the logic you just laid out here, because he's a ****ing idiot.
Then let all not-trolls understand that an argument should be couched in logic, and you do so by establishing a solid premise to work from.

@FatRabbit I misjudged you. I thought you were trolling. I'll try to be more patient as you work through your points.

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
The Coaches have to be willing to do that.

You aren't paying attention, but the coaches go into turtle mode in the 4th quarter and even the 3rd quarter at times when they have a lead, which lets the other team right back in. And you can't say its because they don't trust Fields because they do it on both offense AND defense. Its a coaching philosophy.

That's a COACHING issue.
In the NBA, even Popovich changed his philosophy when the game developed into a three-point competition.
I have also seen that Pete Carroll works offensively these days because of the evolution of the game. The Bears need a big name for their head coach. Enough of these unknowledged and no balls cases.

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
Then let all not-trolls understand that an argument should be couched in logic, and you do so by establishing a solid premise to work from.

@FatRabbit I misjudged you. I thought you were trolling. I'll try to be more patient as you work through your points.
English is not my first language so no problem. I'm trying to develop to be understandable at some point in our lives.

swerskisuperfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Honestly, a stupid way of thinking, especially when it's the second most points given in the entire season. This is not the monsters of the midway(2018) defense. Even though Goff faced again like that December 9th when he threw 4 interceptions.
So let me get this straight. You are blaming Fields for not changing the play calls that came in from the OC?

They called primarily runs and they took 8 minutes off the clock to get it down to 4 minutes and FG range without calling a pass play (most of that yardage was gained by Fields). Eberflus elects to kick a FG to go up 12. In less than a minute Detroit scores 7 and then two runs are called into a 9 man front a 3rd and a pass play is finally called and Fields throws a dime 40 yards downfield and the WR misjudged the ball slowed down on his route and did not catch a perfectly thrown ball. They take 15 seconds off the clock.

I want you to explain to me where in that sequence where Fields could have done anything more than he did. Your bone to pick should be with the coaching staff or the WR who slowed down on his route not the QB.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
In the NBA, even Popovich changed his philosophy when the game developed into a three-point competition.
I have also seen that Pete Carroll works offensively these days because of the evolution of the game. The Bears need a big name for their head coach. Enough of these unknowledged and no balls cases.

Jon Fox was a big name. He failed because he was a stubborn-ass. Don't fall in love with big names.

What the Bears need is an offensive mind that is flexible enough to mold an offense around the QB rather than demand the QB be a carbon copy of whatever the perfect QB that coach has in their mind is.

Its really that simple (yet not so simple, because there are too many coaches with big egos who will NOT do that).

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight. You are blaming Fields for not changing the play calls that came in from the OC?

They called primarily runs and they took 8 minutes off the clock to get it down to 4 minutes and FG range without calling a pass play (most of that yardage was gained by Fields). Eberflus elects to kick a FG to go up 12. In less than a minute Detroit scores 7 and then two runs are called into a 9 man front a 3rd and a pass play is finally called and Fields throws a dime 40 yards downfield and the WR misjudged the ball slowed down on his route and did not catch a perfectly thrown ball. They take 15 seconds off the clock.

I want you to explain to me where in that sequence where Fields could have done anything more than he did. Your bone to pick should be with the coaching staff or the WR who slowed down on his route not the QB.
2:59 left on the clock. Fields had been completely unstoppable in his 100-yard dashes up to that point. However, they decided that Herbert twice is the solution, which was easily played out by the opponent. Herbert can't throw if needed. Fields can if running doesn't seem like the best solution. Just in those moments, unpredictability is the best solution to take the game home when the opponent has all the pressure to get the ball back and quickly. What I criticize is that this is Fields' third season and still for one reason or another he is not respected the way he should be if he is once the future of this Bears organization.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Same - I thought he was trolling. Either he doesn't know what he's talking about, or we actually have a clever troll who when called out actually went with "Ia donta speaka de english..." bailout, which is actually pretty damn funny if he actually is a troll....

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
Jon Fox was a big name. He failed because he was a stubborn-ass. Don't fall in love with big names.

What the Bears need is an offensive mind that is flexible enough to mold an offense around the QB rather than demand the QB be a carbon copy of whatever the perfect QB that coach has in their mind is.

Its really that simple (yet not so simple, because there are too many coaches with big egos who will NOT do that).
In fact, the situation is not a disaster in the sense that Poles have already built quite a few pieces around Fields. Although coaching is a different pair.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He still looks like a new summer employee who takes all orders like a dog and unable to win games.
I suppose you can tell us in very specific terms what a leader should look like?

swerskisuperfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
2:59 left on the clock. Fields had been completely unstoppable in his 100-yard dashes up to that point. However, they decided that Herbert twice is the solution, which was easily played out by the opponent. Herbert can't throw if needed. Fields can if running doesn't seem like the best solution. Just in those moments, unpredictability is the best solution to take the game home when the opponent has all the pressure to get the ball back and quickly. What I criticize is that this is Fields' third season and still for one reason or another he is not respected the way he should be if he is once the future of this Bears organization.
Yeah that is on the coaching staff and not Fields. I agree that the coaching staff is horrible and cannot adjust, but the hand that Fields was dealt he himself cannot do anything different or better than he did. There is no rationale for this coaching staff they are too conservative and play not to lose which more often than not ends up to actually losing. The only thing Fields *could* have done was not fumbling the ball on the last drive but he is hit the second got to his drop maybe he could have stepped up in the pocket.

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
Same - I thought he was trolling. Either he doesn't know what he's talking about, or we actually have a clever troll who when called out actually went with "Ia donta speaka de english..." bailout, which is actually pretty damn funny if he actually is a troll....
I don't know what American irony is like, but I myself have a Scandinavian approach and a bit of melancholy. Not too serious, but there is very little daylight at this time of the year, so the Bears could also win sometimes, so the positivity would increase.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
And once again Fields had a chance for a game winning drive and he turns it over. Or was the real reason that she obeyed the coaching staff and their bad decisions not to use him as a running back, even though he had been unstoppable running all evening? You have to take control if you feel like it. That's leadership.

If you disagree, then Bill Belichick is the real goat and Tom Brady is his puppet.
I think you are an idiot. Seek help, bud

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
Yeah that is on the coaching staff and not Fields. I agree that the coaching staff is horrible and cannot adjust, but the hand that Fields was dealt he himself cannot do anything different or better than he did. There is no rationale for this coaching staff they are too conservative and play not to lose which more often than not ends up to actually losing. The only thing Fields *could* have done was not fumbling the ball on the last drive but he is hit the second got to his drop maybe he could have stepped up in the pocket.
In the hunting position, it is acceptable to fail. Of course, the Bears haven't been in the lead very often at the end of the game in recent years, but every situation like that should be taken advantage of by improving and not really, as you said, trying not to lose. Whether the reason was coaching or not. The same trend continues as during Nagy's time. Even Parkey's double doink was somehow too conservative. Didn't trust Trubisky to pick up the few extra yards what needed.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Benefit of the doubt - someone struggling to learn english should be supported and I would rather we presume that they are being honest.
And once again Fields had a chance for a game winning drive and he turns it over. Or was the real reason that she obeyed the coaching staff and their bad decisions not to use him as a running back, even though he had been unstoppable running all evening? You have to take control if you feel like it. That's leadership.

If you disagree, then Bill Belichick is the real goat and Tom Brady is his puppet.
To the bolded text, that is not leadership, but it is something that a leader can do when things are going awry. For a young QB that is still learning, and for the sake of his job needs to show that he is taking coaching to improve, just doing what he wants and hoping it works is selfish freelancing. If a pass play were called up and he finds a way to scramble for a big gain, that is one thing. But when a running play is called to kill the clock, second guessing the coaches decision is the second fastest way to the bench. Everyone else on the team is invested in doing their job to succeed as a unit, you can't be a leader of the team and not act like part of the team. A QB who still is in a position to learn should not just "do different" because they feel as if it is a better idea - that is less acting like a leader and more acting out of desperation.