Fields v everyone else

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Just wanted to make a small point here but:
1. Fields is way smarter than trubiskey, nice and all as mitch is.
2. Fields is way more disciplined than cutler was, talented and all as Jay was.
3. Nobody else that I had the opportunity to watch comes close to those players.
Obviously Fields is not a natural passer like mahomes or Rodgers but he is very gifted physically, he's very smart and he's very disciplined. There are HOF quarterbacks with those qualities. I'm glad the GM and coaching staff have bought in and given him the chance to succeed.
Fingers crossed from a homer bears fan!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
3. Nobody else that I had the opportunity to watch comes close to those players.
Obviously Fields is not a natural passer like mahomes or Rodgers but he is very gifted physically, he's very smart and he's very disciplined. There are HOF quarterbacks with those qualities. I'm glad the GM and coaching staff have bought in and given him the chance to succeed.
I think he will excel and become a star, not sure I'm a homer but he has talent and desire and works hard, he will not be denied.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
1. Why? how? in what way? And how do you know this.
2. No, just no.
3. He has the most talent of them all. But needs to put it together this year or bye bye.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
2. No, just no.
3. He has the most talent of them all. But needs to put it together this year or bye bye.
How about instead of questioning him with your bs bias towards those two white losers that you love so much, why don't you actually tell him why and how he's wrong?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Fields has the potential to be the best Qb this franchise has ever had. That's not saying much, but it's the first time this franchise has had a player with this sort of potential at QB.

My gripe is that Poles failed to understand the context of how desperate a franchise like Chicago is for a young dynamic QB. It's taken him too long in my opinion to commit to Fields. From day 1 it should have been his primary objective to set Justin Fields up for success. The organization should have never hired anyone without that very objective.

Poles hired a Defensive coach with little plan on offense. We were fortunate to get Getsy, but he almost never came. Our OLine was dreadful last year. Our wide receivers were from the scrap yard. If not for Getsy turning around our rushing attack, we probably expose Justin more and he doesn't make it through the season. Poles is now trying to play catchup, but still seems to put more focus and assets on defense.

Bust

Liked Posts:
The great bears headcoach Lovie Smith never spoke of superbowls upon hire, he spoke of division opponents. Need to compete in division, the rest of the accolades will follow.

Bears were 0-6 last year in the division #epicfail

Comes down to Goff vs Cousins vs Love vs Fields. What will their career paths take them moving forward??? Goff and Cousins have already reached their ceilings. What will Love vs Fields become? The loser will inevitably get their coaches canned, front offices fired and become a journeyman like mitch trubisky.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

The league for now at least is transitioning away from pure pocket passers like Brady & Manning towards more mobile quarterbacks who can beat you with their arm or their legs. Fields fits that mold perfectly, and I believe he can be a start in this league. His game is not perfect, and there are things he needs to work on, but the God-given talent is there, and simply needs to be developed.

My biggest knock against Trubisky when he was here was his mental processing speed, which unfortunately is something you can't fix with coaching. You either have it or you don't, and Mitch is in the latter category. He's as good as he'll ever be - There is no more.

Jay's problem is that he turned the ball over way too much and was too stubborn to change.

I'm optimistic about Fields, who appears to have both the smarts and the humility to allow him to be coachable. I think he's the best thing we've had at that position in a long, long time.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
When comparing intelligence of two individual, try to appear as dumb as possible by using words that sound stupid, like way (as in, way smarter). If everyone thinks you’re in second grade, they will feel bad if they insult your intelligence.

This seems to be what the OP decided to do.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was disappointed that by, "eveeyone" the OP only references Mitch and Jay. No Bobby Douglas or Grossman, or Tomzak, or Stewart, Krezel, Daniels, Collins, Flutie, Willis, etc...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
2. No, just no.
Do you really believe that Trubisky is as intelligent as Fields? Maybe Mitch is an expert at hiding it and isn’t poised as a public speaker, but he just never had the vibe of a cerebral QB. Mitch had the hard worker, nice guy appeal. Quite frankly, he did come off a little bit like a bumpkin.

When Fields describes plays or concepts to the media, I feel like I’m hearing a synopsis from an extremely poised, intelligent person that understands every nuance he’s been taught.

Both guys are humble which is an endearing quality.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Do you really believe that Trubisky is as intelligent as Fields? Maybe Mitch is an expert at hiding it and isn’t poised as a public speaker, but he just never had the vibe of a cerebral QB. Mitch had the hard worker, nice guy appeal. Quite frankly, he did come off a little bit like a bumpkin.

When Fields describes plays or concepts to the media, I feel like I’m hearing a synopsis from an extremely poised, intelligent person that understands every nuance he’s been taught.

Both guys are humble which is an endearing quality.
Trubs problems was not intelligent related. I don't know who is smarter but it's moot anyway. Intelligents is not a problem for either.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Fields could possibly be marginally better than the 35 piles of complete dog shit QBs the Bears have trotted out there for the last 30 plus years.

Groundbreaking stuff here.

We shall see what happens this season.

Again, wish you good luck in the do or die season for your precious Justin Fields.

Have a wonderful day!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fields is a very natural thrower but his mechanics aren't textbook for an NFL QB. Both Mahomes and Rodgers were cleaned up before they got to start. Other than smallish hands, which mechanics can help, I expect Fields to look a lot more mechanically sound as a passer this year after some more clean up.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fields has the potential to be the best Qb this franchise has ever had. That's not saying much, but it's the first time this franchise has had a player with this sort of potential at QB.

My gripe is that Poles failed to understand the context of how desperate a franchise like Chicago is for a young dynamic QB. It's taken him too long in my opinion to commit to Fields. From day 1 it should have been his primary objective to set Justin Fields up for success. The organization should have never hired anyone without that very objective.

Poles hired a Defensive coach with little plan on offense. We were fortunate to get Getsy, but he almost never came. Our OLine was dreadful last year. Our wide receivers were from the scrap yard. If not for Getsy turning around our rushing attack, we probably expose Justin more and he doesn't make it through the season. Poles is now trying to play catchup, but still seems to put more focus and assets on defense.
"Poles failed to understand the context of how desperate a franchise like Chicago is for a young dynamic QB. "

Why would franchise desperation play any role in his evaluation of Fields?

"Poles hired a Defensive coach with little plan on offense. We were fortunate to get Getsy, but he almost never came. Our OLine was dreadful last year. Our wide receivers were from the scrap yard."

Hiring a bad offensive HC doesn't make Fields better. They got a guy as OC you feel they are fortunate to have, but didn't immediately fix multiple holes at OL, WR, DL, DB with limited draft capital and a ton of dead money contracts limiting FA moves

"It's taken him too long in my opinion to commit to Fields."
How so, they , by most accounts, overspent midseason to try and add WR depth, have added a #1 WR, top G, and used there top pick on a RT.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2. No, just no.
Questioning Mitch vs Fields intelligence? Really?

Back in early April, former Bears quarterback Mark Sanchez appeared on the Pat McAfee Show, where he discussed the ridiculous rumors about Fields’ football intelligence and how it affected his draft stock. In case you needed any indication that it was absolutely bogus, according to Sanchez, Fields scored the highest rating ever on an aptitude test administered by sports psychologist, Dr. Goldman.

The test has been given to over 6,500 professional athletes, and Fields scored in the top 1%. This test focused on the reps needed to learn something and then the ability to recall that later.

For comparison sake, Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen each scored a 108. Fields scored a 130.

Of course Fields is more disciplined than Cutler. Not like Fields has been great at reads so far but Jay would constantly force it and Fields did not.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
6a19d401-db09-4b8d-8e86-68ae1d709594_text.gif