Fields v everyone else

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
"Poles failed to understand the context of how desperate a franchise like Chicago is for a young dynamic QB. "

Why would franchise desperation play any role in his evaluation of Fields?
Becuase a desperate frnachise will have no patience for their star QB getting injured and losing. Fans will lose patience real quick and that seat can become real hot real fast. Not only is it about job security either, but the rest of the league has understood the importance of setting up your QB to succeed as early as possible. Otherwise, it is hard for them to develop and you could damage them before they have a chance to succeed.

"Poles hired a Defensive coach with little plan on offense. We were fortunate to get Getsy, but he almost never came. Our OLine was dreadful last year. Our wide receivers were from the scrap yard."

Hiring a bad offensive HC doesn't make Fields better. They got a guy as OC you feel they are fortunate to have, but didn't immediately fix multiple holes at OL, WR, DL, DB with limited draft capital and a ton of dead money contracts limiting FA moves
We were a highly coveted job when it was time to hire a coach. Poles never really attempted to hire an offensive minded coach outside of 66 year oldJim Caldwell. Poles didn't even attempt to interview Brian Daboll, Doug Pederson, Kevin O' Connell, or mike McDaniel who all were hired as offensive minded HC and had much better season than the Bears.

"It's taken him too long in my opinion to commit to Fields."
How so, they , by most accounts, overspent midseason to try and add WR depth, have added a #1 WR, top G, and used there top pick on a RT.

That's too long. They spend a 2nd round pick on Claypool out of desperation because they screwed up so bad on the WR corp and underestimated the affect it was having on the offensive's ability to throw the ball.

We did add a #1 receiver, but were somewhat fortunate Panthers gave us DJ Moore. The staff would have been happy with Brian Burns or Jaycee Horn instead and just wanted a player in return. They didn't prioritize it. We did add a Guard, but only after losing out on signing a RT. We added a RT in the draft.

But the offense still has never been a priority. Sure they addressed a few holes. But they've given more priority to the defense. Look at how many resources have been put in the defense since Poles arrival. We've used x4 second round picks, a third round pick, tried spending big on Ojunjobi, signed Tremaine Edmunds at a ridiculous price, spent on Demarcus Walker. In my opinion, the defense should be way on the backburner. We shouldn't be depending on 5th rounders to be our #1 plan at LT. (It worked out fine, but not an ideal plan).

The theory is, If you set up the QB to succeed and he does well, then you have many more years to get the defense right. No one will fault you if Justin Fields failed, but you set him up for success. But they will fault you if he never seemed to have an opportunity to develop. Pole's took a chance, and I think he is fortunate Justin hasn't had a serious injury to this point. We are still only a injury away from the OL being what it was last year. We should have added another player ot two in the draft.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Questioning Mitch vs Fields intelligence? Really?

Back in early April, former Bears quarterback Mark Sanchez appeared on the Pat McAfee Show, where he discussed the ridiculous rumors about Fields’ football intelligence and how it affected his draft stock. In case you needed any indication that it was absolutely bogus, according to Sanchez, Fields scored the highest rating ever on an aptitude test administered by sports psychologist, Dr. Goldman.

The test has been given to over 6,500 professional athletes, and Fields scored in the top 1%. This test focused on the reps needed to learn something and then the ability to recall that later.

For comparison sake, Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen each scored a 108. Fields scored a 130.

Of course Fields is more disciplined than Cutler. Not like Fields has been great at reads so far but Jay would constantly force it and Fields did not.
Marino scored a record low. Many HOF QBs scored bad. Not a telling QB stat really.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
That isn’t the Wonderlic.
Yes I get that. Either a QB has it or he does not have it. (IT) being what it takes. There are many other factors then IQ involved. Fields may be extra smart and fail still. I think it's great he scored so high, can't hurt. PS. I think he blows up, but that is just my guess.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes I get that. Either a QB has it or he does not have it. (IT) being what it takes. There are many other factors then IQ involved. Fields may be extra smart and fail still. I think it's great he scored so high, can't hurt. PS. I think he blows up, but that is just my guess.
Not IQ.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
@Anytime23 remember when @Noonthirtyjoe said he was a “Fields guy”? Good times
Who would know you or me? And you can't say good time in the same sentence with anymoron23 in it. I get you guys are friends, hell you are twins to me, dumb and dumber. Now pretend to know which players i like or don't. PS. Why bother with this or me? Is it interesting to you because it's boring and predictable to me. How about you leave me be and I'll forget you in minutes. Were both better off..

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Awww you sound upset, Fruitboy.

Here's the deal....if you are ripping someone's intelligence, it would behoove you to at least know how to fucking spell it.
Nobody ripped anything and your spell checker impresses me a lot more then you do. Have you ever made a football post here? Whatever your blocked now. Enough with the assholes of the board, I just block and forget. How many of your alt's have I blocked now?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Nobody ripped anything and your spell checker impresses me a lot more then you do. Have you ever made a football post here? Whatever your blocked now. Enough with the assholes of the board, I just block and forget. How many of your alt's have I blocked now?
I've sent all of your posts in this thread to my forensics people to audit your activity. I will check back with you in a few hours.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who would know you or me? And you can't say good time in the same sentence with anymoron23 in it. I get you guys are friends, hell you are twins to me, dumb and dumber. Now pretend to know which players i like or don't. PS. Why bother with this or me? Is it interesting to you because it's boring and predictable to me. How about you leave me be and I'll forget you in minutes. Were both better off..
Wow, there are a lot of grammatical errors and anger in this post!