Fields vs Bills Week 2 Review.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm more sold on Wilson than either of those two (added - referring to Lawrence & Fields) TBH. It might bite me in the ass(I'm sure it will), but I think that kids got the goods. He's going to make some team REAL happy.

He's my favorite qb prospect in a while.

I'll keep saying it.

Wilson will end up the best QB in this class.

Dude honestly might be the most physically talented qb at the position ever.

Guys like vick/Lamar who were fast couldn't really throw it worth a damn.

Still can't believe a guy with the athleticism of an elite RB playing qb, who just so happens to be the most accurate player in College football too, slipped to the bears.

With regard to you never saying 1 and 2. Above you clearly claimed Wilson was your favorite QB prospect in this class and that you thought he would be better than Lawrence and Fields and the best QB prospect you have seen in a while.

Then after Fields was drafted, you said you think he might be the most physically talented QB ever. But just so I am clear. What is your current position now? Who do you think will be better? Fields or Wilson?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also, in case you didn't know you are capable of being wrong on a subject, or changing your opinion on a player.

I know its a foreign concept to you.

I still like wilson very much, I do not like the organization he went to. Those are two separate things

It is not a foreign concept to me. The issue is if one really feels that then they should extend that opportunity to others. Instead you are always trying to throw shade at other people as if your record on being right is impeccable. I know what you were trying to do with the Wilson comment so don't get upset now that I threw it back at you. Case in point.

The coaching staff legit has given him a ton of opportunities....he didn't see much PT in the regular season but thats cause he sucks.

I figure they really do like him, but he's probably just not athletic enough for the nfl. Slow and small dont mix in the nfl.

BTW, pass 4 looked like a throw away to me when I was at the game.

The bold is funny because I have been telling you this for a few years now. I recall you used to get pissy with me when I told you over and over that Ridley sucked ass and was an unathletic WR that did nothing well. You get so much shit because you don't just disagree with people. You end up talking shit to people who disagree with you even when they end up being right.

Pass 4 could have been a throwaway I guess but he had the opportunity to get it to 87 in space it seems.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
With regard to you never saying 1 and 2. Above you clearly claimed Wilson was your favorite QB prospect in this class and that you thought he would be better than Lawrence and Fields and the best QB prospect you have seen in a while.

Then after Fields was drafted, you said you think he might be the most physically talented QB ever. But just so I am clear. What is your current position now? Who do you think will be better? Fields or Wilson?

Still like wilson better. Doesn't mean i never liked fields or lawrence.

And yes, wilson was my favorite qb prospect at the time of that post.

I mean I did make this thread in march after we signed dalton:

I was pretty clear I didn't like jones/lance, thats about it.

I still think the jets ruin him

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

So you like Wilson better despite saying Fields is physically the most talented QB ever? Odd but ok.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well to be fair, some of that is not getting the ball out on time. He had the longest time to throw in college and is taking too long to pull the trigger at times. The pass rush is going to break through eventually if you holding the ball too long.

This type of throw will come in time for sure, he can make that throw all day long he just needs to get the experience and timing down.

What I also want to point out is what in teh actual fuck is going on in the middle of the field? Three guys in the same part of the field.. I get it is some sort of rub route concept probably, WR1 looks completely lost. Where is he going exactly lol ?
1629673159135.png

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The concept actually works though. 3 defenders get stuck underneath with Adams and the TE while the other WR clears them untouched and forcing the S on the RB side to go follow him. That is what leaves the RB one on one with the LB deep. Fields just bails on the play too fast.

But hopefully it is something he sees on film and is better prepared next time.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

I'm a big fan of Wilson. His ability to generate torque when his feet aren't settled is amazing. He also has a really quick release. Reminds me of Favre.

IMHO Jets have a chance to turn this around. At this time I like what Robert Saleh brings to the table. Seems like a players coach that will be a good leader. I also don't mind their GM in Joe Douglas. He was with the Eagles for a couple drafts and before that was with the Ravens. I'd always listen to him around the draft and he seems to know his stuff.

Anyway, the Jets are still the Jets, but I think Douglas is better than both Mike Maccagnan and Mike Tannenbaum while Saleh has to be better than Adam Gase. After that you can try to objectively look at that roster and see if it has any talent.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
So you like Wilson better despite saying Fields is physically the most talented QB ever? Odd but ok.
Physically the most talented doesn't mean he's the best QB. Look at Tom Brady, Joe Montana and Dan Marino. None of those guys were physically the best QB, but all are first ballot HOFers.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Physically the most talented doesn't mean he's the best QB. Look at Tom Brady, Joe Montana and Dan Marino. None of those guys were physically the best QB, but all are first ballot HOFers.

Don't think you read the full statement by MS.

Dude honestly might be the most physically talented qb at the position ever.

Guys like vick/Lamar who were fast couldn't really throw it worth a damn.

Still can't believe a guy with the athleticism of an elite RB playing qb, who just so happens to be the most accurate player in College football too, slipped to the bears.

See the bold. He is claiming that Fields is physically the most talented QB in NFL history as well as the the most accurate player this past year in college football but somehow Wilson is still better.

So in essence, he must think Fields is a fucking moron reading defenses ala Trubisky to still somehow have Wilson ahead of him. Hence I was joking that he is basically saying Fields has the athleticism of Cunningham and the passing ability/accuracy of Brady so Wilson must be some next level generational talent to still be the better prospect.

Of course, I don't really think he believes that. I think he flip flops more than John Kerry.