I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Regardless of all that, he’s still a ROOKIE, and they are still NFL defenses he’s facing. Every single one of them are better than any he faced in college, by orders of magnitude.

The worst defense in the NFL, would be hands down, the best defense in college, by a wide margin.

The qualifiers come from fans and talking heads that have never played at the highest of levels the sport. But the ones with NFL experience, whether it’s former players, or former coaches, see his last 3 games as impressive, all things considered.
Yes, but you also have to consider that this is the best offensive line and set of WR’s and RB’s he’s ever had at his disposal too then

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As good as Fields has looked this year, I dont think there is a GM in the NFL who takes him over Williams. The simple reality is Williams already looks better between the ears as a rookie than Fields did in 3 years here.

Both are good dudes so hopefully Fields can find a more permanent home with the Steelers and Williams can have a HoF career with the Bears.

Zero2Cool

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Boston Red Sox
  2. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
I've seen some series with Caleb. He seems to be improving week to week. That's a good sign. I can't say I noticed much improvement with Fields. It was more so just flashes of awesome them fizzle. Caleb seems to be steady getting better. Bears finally might have a QB. Long season though.

Jaguars are such a crap show team. Can't control who ya play, but damn. Almost as crappy as Cardinals.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I've seen some series with Caleb. He seems to be improving week to week. That's a good sign. I can't say I noticed much improvement with Fields. It was more so just flashes of awesome them fizzle. Caleb seems to be steady getting better. Bears finally might have a QB. Long season though.

Jaguars are such a crap show team. Can't control who ya play, but damn. Almost as crappy as Cardinals.
Both the Jags and Cardinals are fucking soft like Charmin. BTW, I knew the Cardinals would get blown out the second that dome team had to play in a little drizzle.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Williams. Watched the Redskins today and was impressed with Daniels as well. Kingsbury is running a nice O there. Guys getting open etc. I wonder if it will still be that way towards the end of the year once his tendencies become more apparent. I expects things to get a bit less easy for Daniels later in the year but for him to continue to do well.
I’m not sure when, but I do expect the same. I could see that becoming a sophomore year slump thing though when teams have an offseason to digest it. Ravens have been trash, but they should know how to stop a guy like Daniels and didn’t really seem very effective. Feels like teams need more time.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m not sure when, but I do expect the same. I could see that becoming a sophomore year slump thing though when teams have an offseason to digest it. Ravens have been trash, but they should know how to stop a guy like Daniels and didn’t really seem very effective. Feels like teams need more time.
Daniels may also be able to adjust by the time D's catch up as well. He does look VG.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, but you also have to consider that this is the best offensive line and set of WR’s and RB’s he’s ever had at his disposal too then
Well yes, obviously.

But the worst defense in the NFL and the best defense in the NFL are a hell of a lot closer to each other, than the best defense in college football, and the worst defense in the NFL.

The truth is, the difference, talent wise between the winner of the Super Bowl and the team that earns the #1 overall pick, is 1 to 2 players on each side of the ball.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed. Fields feels like a Wildcat or a backup. You just can't rely on his arm. Good accuracy there...to the Raiders. Gets that signature Steeler roughing the passer to bail him out. I hope Wilson gets in so I can watch his career end.
If he wasn't bailed-out, then what? His 2nd int of the season?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As good as Fields has looked this year, I dont think there is a GM in the NFL who takes him over Williams. The simple reality is Williams already looks better between the ears as a rookie than Fields did in 3 years here. Both are good dudes so hopefully Fields can find a more permanent home with the Steelers and Williams can have a HoF career with the Bears.
To your 1st sentence........Without question. CW's starting to take full advantage of his two PB RW's,his brilliant rookie WR,his STUD TE and the explosive production of his recently added RB Swift and more than likely much better than JF would have. JF HAS been a game manager type starter with good wheels and with a severely banged-up,sub-par O-line and only one NFL caliber WR when he feels like running routes. JF might end-up only being a game manager type starter with good wheels too,but at 25,isn't improvement also possible?

msadows

Liked Posts:
To your 1st sentence........Without question. CW's starting to take full advantage of his two PB RW's,his brilliant rookie WR,his STUD TE and the explosive production of his recently added RB Swift and more than likely much better than JF would have. JF HAS been a game manager type starter with good wheels and with a severely banged-up,sub-par O-line and only one NFL caliber WR when he feels like running routes. JF might end-up only being a game manager type starter with good wheels too,but at 25,isn't improvement also possible?

I love fields but he doesnt process/see the field at an NFL level.

This isn't the mitch scenario where it was clear the guy lacked talent, fields has a ton of talent, he just cant play QB at the NFL level and likely will never mentally get to the point where he can at a high level.

When he sees a guy open and throws it confidently he's a very accurate passer, the problem is seeing that open guy lol. Caleb in week 6 already sees the field better than justin ever will in his career. You cant teach that kinda vision, you're basically born with it.

Liked Posts:
I thought Fields was going to be given the Kordell Stewart treatment at Pittsburgh. He's been better than expected, but its hard to think of a guy as the long-term QB solution when he can't complete two passes in a row.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love fields but he doesnt process/see the field at an NFL level. This isn't the mitch scenario where it was clear the guy lacked talent, fields has a ton of talent, he just cant play QB at the NFL level and likely will never mentally get to the point where he can at a high level. When he sees a guy open and throws it confidently he's a very accurate passer, the problem is seeing that open guy lol. Caleb in week 6 already sees the field better than justin ever will in his career. You cant teach that kinda vision, you're basically born with it.
I can't argue with any of that,but the question for Mike Tomlin and the Steelers Org is......can he improve on his weaknesses @25? We do see QB's in their late 20's become very good starters after unimpressive starts to their careers.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Problem is he just can't seem to throw very well. He's a game manager with a great set of wheels. it will work but I don't know for how long. Feels like they're going to have to try Wilson at some point this season.
Based on what? Mike Tomlin does not see himself as a QB savant. He does not have his entire identity as a HC, wrapped up in the QB. He sees himself as the coach of the ENTIRE TEAM. He gives zero fucks if Fields throws a football for a TD, hands the ball off for a TD, or runs it himself, for a TD. All he cares about, is the TD.

The Steelers have an identity as a team. Fields fits that identity. If the offense scores 25+ points, and controls TOP, to Tomlin it means fuck-all if Fields throws for 120 yards, or 300+ yards.

And teammates love Justin. I can’t say how the Steelers’ locker room feels about Russ, but he was not well liked in Seattle or Denver.

As for the 4th over 6th, only someone who dabbles in smoking rock, would think that saving a 4th round pick would cause Tomlin to meddle in what has been a winning formula, and a tie for the division lead, in Pittsburgh.

Denver is paying Russ’ salary to ride pine, not Pittsburgh.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Fields is the exact same QB he's always been, albeit with a better coaching staff.

Extremely talented.
Elite runner.
Wildly inconsistent overall QB.
Sub-par passer.
Lack of ability to read the field or go through progressions.
Enough "wow" plays to keep you thinking mayyybeeee he can put it together.

Here's to hoping he continues playing well enough to keep Russell Wilson on the bench. I suspect no matter what happens over the course of the next few weeks, Fields will have a long career in this league, at least as long as his legs hold up.