Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The two quarterbacks the thread is about.
Williams. Watched the Redskins today and was impressed with Daniels as well. Kingsbury is running a nice O there. Guys getting open etc. I wonder if it will still be that way towards the end of the year once his tendencies become more apparent. I expects things to get a bit less easy for Daniels later in the year but for him to continue to do well.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The two quarterbacks the thread is about.
Oh, I thought you were above that discussion and thought it was dumb for folks to talk about?

FWIW, I don’t think you’ll find posts from me saying CW would be bad or worse than JF

I also haven’t really talked about JF in weeks. Funny that some here still are…

I think bears made the right decision. That being said, I do want to see him do it against non bottom feeder defenses still

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Oh, I thought you were above that discussion and thought it was dumb for folks to talk about?

FWIW, I don’t think you’ll find posts from me saying CW would be bad or worse than JF

I also haven’t really talked about JF in weeks. Funny that some here still are…

I think bears made the right decision. That being said, I do want to see him do it against non bottom feeder defenses still
Lol, chill out, man. It’s just a question, considering you were shitting on people the first few weeks of the season who believed in Caleb Williams.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Both dudes are 4-2! Good wins for both today.

Caleb's ramping up and hopeful Justin can be the starter all year for the Steelers.
After the last couple performances, I'd guess fields loses the job after Jets defense massacres them next week. Luckily Wilson sucks and is injury prone and will likely give the job back

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I was impressed with how his completion rate has increased in each game. Tells me he is beginning to settle in.
He's also been facing worse and worse defenses in those games. Hopefully when he goes against a solid pass rush, he still shows the same improvement. Regardless, seeing improvement is all I want and he's looked better each game.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol, chill out, man. It’s just a question, considering you were shitting on people the first few weeks of the season who believed in Caleb Williams.
You post a call out post and I’m the one that needs to chill out?? Mmmk, sure

And I didn’t shit on anyone for believing in CW.

What I did do was critique his play in those first few games. And rightfully so

Just like I’ve been impressed and happy with his performance the last few games. Pretty wild, I know. He does need to prove it against a legit defense still

I’m sorry that critiquing the guy whomst you have a poster of above your bed makes you upset

You should sleep well knowing I approve of his play lately, though

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
He's also been facing worse and worse defenses in those games. Hopefully when he goes against a solid pass rush, he still shows the same improvement. Regardless, seeing improvement is all I want and he's looked better each game.
Tbf, Jax has a solid pass rush, back 7 is atrocious though. I'm hoping these bad defenses get the offense rolling enough to continue playing well against better defenses we will face later.

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
Fields so far has been a game manager for the steelers, not asking to do too much , but he has been steady
evidenced by steelers oline and hes now in his 4th year.

Fields just needs 2 more games and the bears will get a 4th rd pick.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tbf, Jax has a solid pass rush, back 7 is atrocious though. I'm hoping these bad defenses get the offense rolling enough to continue playing well against better defenses we will face later.
It actually was encouraging to see the offensive line get it’s shit pushed in, both run and pass by the Jag’s defensive front, then an adjustment get made, with Williams by and large, not looking back.

I’d say that Caleb is well ahead is schedule. 3 consecutive games with a passer rating over 100. 7 tds to 1 int in that span, as well as completing 74% of his passes over those 3 most recent games.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fields so far has been a game manager for the steelers, not asking to do too much , but he has been steady
evidenced by steelers oline and hes now in his 4th year.

Fields just needs 2 more games and the bears will get a 4th rd pick.
He’s starting next game, no doubt. He needs to start 2.5 more games.

He has the Steeler’s locker room, and is 4-2 on the season as a starter.

We’ll see how that Jets’ D looks tomorrow after losing their HC. I think there will be some dysfunction. If there is, that is a very winnable home game for the Steelers.

Then they get the Giants at home.

Next road game, is Washington, who has a pretty bad defense.

I think the odds of the Bears netting the 4th, is pretty high.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
We didn't get the Steelers game here. But watching the extended highlights, Fields didn't play that bad. I mean, the Steelers won because the Raiders went Raiders. But, he managed the game well. The Steelers are really well coached. That much is obvious.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We didn't get the Steelers game here. But watching the extended highlights, Fields didn't play that bad. I mean, the Steelers won because the Raiders went Raiders. But, he managed the game well. The Steelers are really well coached. That much is obvious.
Problem is he just can't seem to throw very well. He's a game manager with a great set of wheels. it will work but I don't know for how long. Feels like they're going to have to try Wilson at some point this season.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Oh definitely. I do expect to see some decline. But I’d rather have drive stalled due to not forcing things all the time than interceptions due to forcing things all the time. Just be smart with it and force it when you have to, only.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
After the last couple performances, I'd guess fields loses the job after Jets defense massacres them next week. Luckily Wilson sucks and is injury prone and will likely give the job back

Yeah, Arthur Smith wants to bench Justin for Russell Wilson.

No way Tomlin benches Fields after today, in fact the way Wilson has used the media to drive the situation I'm not sure Tomlin can go another week without announcing an actual starter and it would be freaking wild to announce Russ. He basically will be giving a vote of confidence this week to Fields.

Fields is 4-2 with 1 INT and 2 fumbles lost. Half a turnover a game and ten total TDs = shown enough to discard Russ.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Regardless of all that, he’s still a ROOKIE, and they are still NFL defenses he’s facing. Every single one of them are better than any he faced in college, by orders of magnitude.

The worst defense in the NFL, would be hands down, the best defense in college, by a wide margin.

The qualifiers come from fans and talking heads that have never played at the highest of levels the sport. But the ones with NFL experience, whether it’s former players, or former coaches, see his last 3 games as impressive, all things considered.