aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 1[20], 3[83], 1[2022] to the Carolina Panthers for 1[8]

Would love for it to play out this way, but I suspect that NE, Washington will also be on the phone with the Panthers, and the price of poker may be higher than this. Also, there is some chatter that Darnold might be the Panthers bridge QB to the one they draft if the draft falls the way they want, or they can develop him if it doesn't, so again, they may ask more and if we refuse, just take Fields themselves. BPA, right?

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
The only issue I have with Fields is, forgive me, he has a similar skill set of Trubisky in that he throws on the run well and he likes to take off.
Unlike Trubisky, Fields has plenty of college experience, including in big games, and he is more accurate. I'm sure that Nagy can convince him that maybe not taking quite so many body shots and passing the ball more will be better for him and the team.

Further, Nagy seemed to be prepared to be the OC for Mahomes, before he got an offer from another team. Fields has some of Mahomes traits (not saying he's Mahomes, or will enjoy that level of success, just that he can throw and move.)

Last edited:

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Talking heads are going wild this morning about Fields' slipping out of the top 10. What the hell is going on?
The usual - the talking heads are talking out of their butts. Nobody really knows anything, and everyone's board depends on the picks before them. Lawrence to the Jags is pretty much set (you can bet $100 to win 1 that he'll be the pick). Wilson to the Jets is highly likely. After that, ??? We'll find out tomorrow.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the pros that is a pick six.

It’s called leverage...

EminentGrandioseAmericanbulldog-size_restricted.gif

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It’s called leverage...

EminentGrandioseAmericanbulldog-size_restricted.gif
A safety will be reading his eyes all the way in the middle of the field like that, when he goes through his progressions to that receiver and throws it on his inside shoulder towards the safety help its going to at least get broken up. A low velocity wobbler is where even a decent NFL safety is going to get his hands on it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Detroit has a ton of holes to fill. They already have Hockenson who played TE in the Pro Bowl last year. They won't be taking Pitts.
If Pitts was available at 7, they would take him in a heartbeat, don't fool yourself. Problem is, he won't be.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If Pitts was available at 7, they would take him in a heartbeat, don't fool yourself. Problem is, he won't be.
Pitts is the best player of this draft. Everybody agrees with this. Cincy would choose him if ATL doesn't.