Final Mock Draft

DB012031

Liked Posts:
What 2021 picks are the bears missing from those trades?

Yes, not my best phrasing. What I meant to say is that the Bears are basically still recovering from the Mack/Tribs trades. We gave up so much the past 4 years and are just now recovering our normal picks not to mention, had we kept the picks (meaning not traded for Mack/Tribs) we more than likely would have parlayed those into more picks since the Bears love to trade back.

We just don't have alot of ammo unless we mortgage more 1st/2nd rounders. Where as you have teams like the Jets/Miami that have a wealth of picks over the next few years

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If QB is the most important position in football (arguably in all sports) then you can't be afraid to to fail when taking one. You shouldn't also let one failure (Mitch) stop you from trying again. Nor should you worry you're giving up too much to acquire one. If you're not willing to do those three things, then you don't think it's the most important position.

That's always been my opinion, sounds like you agree.
I agree.

I always found it funny when fans didn't want the Bears to draft a RB because Salaam didn't work out. Then because Benson didn't work out, etc. But with a different GM and still a need at the position, they were basing their opinions on past failures.

If we needed a QB before, and drafted a guy who didn't fill that need, we need one again/still.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
I don't see Denver taking Lance over Fields, even if he sits out a year.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, Miami could grab him. I think they need to decide whether Pitts at TE is more valuable than a guy they can grab in the first round plus a haul of other picks. Pitts is really getting a lot of love, but it's a deep draft at WR and he's not terribly different than a WR. But for Atlanta, WR is already a strength. It just seems they could really add a lot if they trade down, and risk losing one particular player.

Cincy needs to go OL. Detroit could grab Pitts.
Detroit has a ton of holes to fill. They already have Hockenson who played TE in the Pro Bowl last year. They won't be taking Pitts.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1[1] Jacksonville Jaguars: QB Trevor Lawrence [Clemson]
1[2] NY Jets: QB Zach Wilson [BYU]
1[3] San Francisco 49ers [Mia]: QB Mac Jones [Alabama]
1[4] Atlanta Falcons: TE Kyle Pitts [Florida]
1[5] Cincinnati Bengals: WR Ja'Mar Chase [LSU]
1[6] Miami Dolphins: OT Penei Sewell [Oregon]
1[7] Denver Broncos [Det]: QB Trey Lance [NDSU]

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 1[20], 3[83], 1[2022] to the Carolina Panthers for 1[8]

1[8] QB Justin Fields [Ohio St] 6'3" 230lbs.

If you do not have a QB in the NFL you are 100% irrelevant. The Bears can deal with improving OT, CB, WR3 after they have a QB in the building worth developing and who can be elite.

article-696x392-5f3b6bf011be204e25b6cb92477e9950.jpg

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[52] to the Kansas City Chiefs for 2[58] and 4[144]. The Bears need to recoup picks, even if they are on day 3. They need to add bodies to weather the trade for Fields and Pace's cap mismanagement.

2[58] WR Dyami Brown [UNC] 6'1" 195lbs.

This may be a CB, but Nagy and his staff have so much riding on getting the offense going and adding a dynamic WR3 seems to fit more with the need to show more on offense than a CB. Brown adds more speed and is a true downfield threat. He has averaged 20 ypc over his last 100 catches and was a very productive deep threat for the Tar Heels. The Bears simply do not have enough speed on offense and it has allowed teams to crowd the line. Now with Mooney, Goodwin, Brown, they are starting to assemble a track team that can flat out fly. Mitch was a terrible deep ball thrower, with Dalton and eventually Fields you have QBs who are much better at spinning the ball deep. The Bears need more explosive and chunk plays and they need more dynamic speed to do that.

https%3A%2F%2Fthevikingage.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2021%2F02%2F13304986-850x560.jpeg

4[144] CB Keith Taylor [Washington] 6'2" 195lbs.

A lomg outside CB that comes from a well coached defense. He also had a nice Senior Bowl and seems ideally suited to play some press man for the Bears defense. Taylor can come in and compete with Trufant and at a minimum give the Bears a high upside developmental player at a position of need. The main issue with Taylor is that he does not have a lot of ball production and that element of his game is going to need to take a step forward in the NFL. The Bears are not going to be able to add a top end CB to the group after releasing Fuller, but they can provide themselves with a number of options.

KeithTaylor.jpg

5[164] OT Dan Moore [Texas A&M] 6'6" 309lbs.

The Bears have bigger 2021 needs than OT and with a need to show something this season they may move OT down the list, but they need to add young, high upside, developmental options to the group and finally start developing someone to take Leno's job. In the NFL, even more so with a young QB, you cannot run out of OTs. If they are pressured bad habits develop. Moore has a ton of physical tools. He has good height, length and power. He looks like a starting NFL OT with some more experience and coaching.

usatsi_11240769.jpg

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade WR Anthony Miller to the Baltimore Ravens for 5[177]

5[177] TE Tre McKitty [Georgia] 6'4" 247lbs.

Jimmy Graham is old and over paid. I think he is likely still on the roster because they simply do not have anyone to fill his role. This means they need to start the process of developing his replacement and we know TEs take time to develop. McKitty has the athletic tools to be the U TE in this system. The fact that he is a solid blocker is just a bonus. McKitty just has not produced a ton. He transferred from Florida St and then got replaced by a 5 star recruit. I think there is some untapped potential here that has been blocked by circumstance.

Tre-McKitty-NFL-Draft.jpg

6[204] WR Trevon Grimes [Florida] 6'4" 217lbs.

Grimes is not an elite athlete like the smaller and faster guys that have been added. What Grimes has is size and physicality. He is a high point catcher and a really effective run blocker. Grimes should be able to fill a role on special teams with his size and the way that he wants to play. This is some insurance for the red zone if Allen Robinson gets injured.

trevon-grimes.jpg

6[208] DE Khris Tonga [BYU] 6'4" 327lbs.

I am not sure Hick is guaranteed to be on the roster this season and for sure not in 2022. The Bears need to add a big bodied DT to the team that can play some NT and develop as a rotational option more for 2022 than 2021.

KhyirisTonga_2019_byucougars.jpg

6[221] Jimmy Morrisey [Pitt] 6'3" 300lbs.

The Bears have a lot of Cs on the roster that are better at OG and they need to ensure that an injury to Musitpher doesn't cause a massive line shift. Morrisey is a lunch pale type of pivot with good size and movement skills. He is a solid pass protector and based on his experience should hopefully be able to make the active roster. He had a really impressive 3 cone time, which is a good test when it comes to playing C in a zone heavy scheme. With this expensive new QB the Bears can simply not go to the street or the PR to start guys in front of him.

3389383_web1_gtr-morrisseyKO-112520.jpg

6[228] CB Tre Norwood [OU] 5'11" 190lbs.

Ryan Pace likes to double dip on day 2 at need positions and Norwood is an experienced slot CB that has dealt with some injuries. The Bears are clearly going with an inexperienced NB in 2022 and by adding Norwood you have a battle between him, Shelley, and Vildor. That gives you options and depth, which you have to have if you don't have a locked in starter.

https%3A%2F%2Fstormininnorman.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1046703904-850x560.jpeg

Depth Chart

QB: Dalton, Fields
RB: Montgomery, Cohen, Williams, Pierce
WR: Robinson, Mooney, Brown, Goodwin, Ridley, Grimes
TE: Kmet, Graham, McKitty, Holtz
LT: Leno, Moore
LG: Whitehair
C: Mustipher, Morrisey
RG: Daniels, Bars
RT: Ifedi, Wilkerson

RE: Nichols, Edwards
NT: Goldman, Tonga
LE: Hicks, Blackson
OLB: Attouchu, Quinn, Gipson
ILB: Smith, Woods
ILB: Trevathan, Jones, Iggy
OLB: Mack, Vaughters
CB: Johnson, Trufant/Taylor, Vildor/Shelley/Norwood
FS: Jackson, DHC
SS: Gipson, Bush
Curious where Foles and his big cap hit ends up in this scenario.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Detroit has a ton of holes to fill. They already have Hockenson who played TE in the Pro Bowl last year. They won't be taking Pitts.
Yeah, they're more likely to trade down.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Anything is possible with Den. They don’t have anything close to a starting franchise QB on their roster.
Of course anything is possible, but I'm guessing that they think they do have their QB on their roster.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I'd like the Fields trade at 8. I think Carolina gets a better offer though particularly with Fields there. I think OT needs to be addressed earlier, but Brown would be ok in the 2nd.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Of course anything is possible, but I'm guessing that they think they do have their QB on their roster.
I hope that’s what their thinking so it gives the Bears a better chance. But I can easily see them drafting a QB, cutting Lock and having the rookie sit behind Teddy B.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

Aaron Leming
@AaronLemingNFL
·
1h

Justin Fields is bad. No way around it. Realistically, he should fall to exactly No. 20, so that stupid team in Chicago can take him & have to suffer even more... #Bears
This guy is doing a little bit of hot-takery to drive some Twitter traffic but he is really not wrong. I just don't see it with Justin Fields at all.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This guy is doing a little bit of hot-takery to drive some Twitter traffic but he is really not wrong. I just don't see it with Justin Fields at all.
That's just Lemming trying to use some kind of reverse psychology so Fields drops to us at #20 and we take him.

He's messing around.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I really hope this is true and they don’t move up.
Yeah i think i'm with you on that. I'm actually hoping more for a good trade down or even two more than a trade up but depending on the trade up and what QB it's for i can't say i'd be too mad at them going for it, but it damn sure better work out. I'm not with these people saying they should do it just to take the chance on one of these top QB's and give up whatever it takes crap.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This is an opinion piece click bait crap. But if it’s true then they should have fired those two jack off hacks instead of taking a year off from competing
My thoughts at the time were that the Bears might not have been particularly enthralled by any of the available candidates this cycle and kept these two on as lame ducks for what would hopefully be better crop next year.