dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't see Elijah Moore getting past the end of the 1st with New Orleans, Green Bay and Baltimore all needing a 2nd WR to go with their stars. I think the league views Moore as a plug and play flanker or slot WR.
He's definitely viewed as a slot WR for sure but with this draft being so deep at WR i could see teams passing him up for another player, but would still be very lucky to make it to #52. Maybe R.Moore will make it to #52.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Like I said last time, I fux with any draft that gets Fields. Also, that trade is the exact trade that the Chiefs made to get Mahomes (1st, 3rd, future 1st), so it's definitely a fair trade. However, I do think the SF trade has made trade costs increase a bit. I think the Bears may have to trade a little bit more (2022 3rd maybe). Hell, I'd probably add a 2023 first, but it does sound like management is not going to allow Pace to give up that much.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I don't see Elijah Moore getting past the end of the 1st with New Orleans, Green Bay and Baltimore all needing a 2nd WR to go with their stars. I think the league views Moore as a plug and play flanker or slot WR.

I think Elijah Moore may be the best talent at WR in this draft.

I just watch his film against top teams like Alabama, and he just plays his game. The dude doesn't drop the ball. A sticky handed twitch guy like he and Mooney? With a TE that can catch like Kmet? Maybe even Too Cute Nagy couldn't mess that up.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Listening to Colin Cowherd right now. He says it's being reported that NE and Carolina have already laid out the groundwork for a trade for the 8th pick.

We're definitely going to have to give up 3 firsts to get that pick.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
They did give up some picks, but it was a 6th for this year and day 2 & 3 next year. That's not a whole lot.

I'm just saying that if I'm the Panthers and I can get Fields and Darnold in the same camp, it's worth the pick.

I really don't see Fields falling past Detroit, let alone Denver. And yes, I know, they picked up some former 1st rounders, but the optics of getting Fields plus the first rounder means that a trade up for a QB is probably with picks 4-6.
View attachment 11472
The 6th this year isn’t bad but a 2nd and 3rd next year are valuable picks.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I think NE is gonna trade up for Fields. As much as I'd like to see it, I wouldn't get your hopes up about CHI getting a QB in the top 15 picks.
I am just not sure NE will be drafting QB in the first, despite what some analysts thinking they should do. If Bears can land Fields with what Windy gave up, I will be extremely happy. They need to try and hang on to their 2nd rd pick this year if possible.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
But the thing with NE trading up is:
  • They are NOT going to over-pay with Kraft and BB at the helm (Chicago almost certainly would)
  • This is the highest they have picked in almost 20 years and based on history and their division, they don't plan on picking this high again (and most teams know this). So this means that their 1st round picks are no where near as valuable as other teams first rounders.
Well, the way you frame this is that whatever the Bears do it is wrong. If NE trades up, the Bears are wrong for not doing a similar trade. If NE doesn't, it's because they won't overpay, thus the bears did.

Unfair.

greg23

Liked Posts:
A more interesting prop is, which of the top 5 qb (really 3) gets picked 5th?

If SF takes Lance over Macaroni, I could easily see Jones sliding into the dd draft pick range as he's the lowest rated overall prospect (but likely most ready and fits a specific offense....like SF)

If Jones goes 3, I could see Fields going 5th but would guess teams would be trading up quickly for him and Lance inside the top 10

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Carolina had the #8 pick the day they traded for Darnold. If they were going to pick a QB, no reason to make the trade.

Rumors today (caveat: from Colin Cowherd) that a) NE and Panthers are working on a trade for #8, and b) Denver is interested in Bridgewater. I assume that would be if the 5 QBs are all gone before #9. I can't see having a chance to draft one and trading for Bridgewater instead, but then again, it's Elway.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If his skill set is elite and he has every chance to be the best QB in the class, then why is he the last taken out of 5 guys at the same position? That makes no sense, but tis the season.

KC also built a damned good OL with weapons and a competent coach who had the luxury to sit that Mahomes guy so he could learn/adapt. Who'd have thought putting a guy in a position to succeed while investing in the other 10 guys Mahomes would be playing with on the offensive unit would create such a result...

But hey--as OP says--fuck the OLine. Fuck protecting the talent at QB. Just get the talent at QB and both starting OTs will somehow figure out how to block when they have a history of not being able to.

Good lord what a lazy comparison.

Fields succeeding elsewhere versus succeeding here are two different situations and comparing them (like Mahomes in KC versus Mahomes here starting with John Fox and Frodo Loggains before Nagy stepping in as opposed to Andry Reid from day 1) is idiotic because Team A in this case and the Bears don't have the exact same problems/needed solutions/schemes/coaches/plans. Yes, that still means Fields has to put it together.

But if you can't distinguish between him coming to a complicated offense where the HC/Playcaller won't tailor his offense to the talent versus him going elsewhere and being put in a position to succeed because a team is ready to invest all efforts in protecting him and getting him weapons before developing him versus Nagy's own words of "there's 101 and 201 with this offense" when the #2 pick and his own systems guy in Nick Foles both couldn't succeed--then I cannot help you.

But hey. I'm sure the 3rd time is the charm.
There are countless examples of teams passing on QBs (chosing the wrong guy) table scraps shmable scraps. Hell, Shanahan himself passed on two all pro QBs for a chance at the next Donald except the guy they chose couldn't hold Donald's jock. In college or the pros. Which very likely cost them a ring with the pieces that were already in place. At the end of the day it's a fucking mock draft. Twisted panties over it is down right hilarious.

Last edited:

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Pace did say in his pre-draft presser he liked the depth in this draft. Mond, Trask and Mills all grade out between 6.1-6.2.

I have a feeling that Trask will be the first one of those to be drafted, simply because he is the most accurate.

I wouldn't be surprised to see teams jump into the early part of the second to grab him.

Bottom line is that after the sparks fly, there are still going to be 3 quarterbacks available, all likely in the second round, that won't require a bidding war.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
There are countless examples of teams passing on QBs (chosing the wrong guy) table scraps shmable scraps. Hell, Shanahan himself passed on two all pro QBs for a chance at the next Donald except the guy they chose couldn't hold Donald's jock. In college or the pros. Which very likely cost them a ring with the pieces that were already in place. At the end of the day it's a fucking mock draft. Twisted panties over it is down right hilarious.
Just can't see NE using the draft capital on a QB when they can get Jimmy G or a 3rd or 2nd round pick who already knows the system.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If that were to happen, Carolina would be thrilled. Trade down from 8 and still draft Darrisaw to protect Darnold? Win-win.

Everyone seems to thin Atlanta passes on QB and picks Pitts, and I can certainly see that. But why would Atlanta not trade down in a year when teams are hungry for QB, and still get Pitts or another very valuable piece? Most agree Atlanta can be the wild card. I think they should trade down, but it won't surprise anyone if they don't.

Jones at #20? I wouldn't hate that.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Pace did say in his pre-draft presser he liked the depth in this draft. Mond, Trask and Mills all grade out between 6.1-6.2.

I have a feeling that Trask will be the first one of those to be drafted, simply because he is the most accurate.

I wouldn't be surprised to see teams jump into the early part of the second to grab him.

Bottom line is that after the sparks fly, there are still going to be 3 quarterbacks available, all likely in the second round, that won't require a bidding war.
If it is Trask / Mond / or Mills that the Bears target I'd expect them to pick their choice in the 1st round. Ensures they don't lose them and gets them the 5th year option.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Davis Mills strikes me as a guy who, if things work out as best as can be hoped, his ceiling is Mitch Trubisky.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just can't see NE using the draft capital on a QB when they can get Jimmy G or a 3rd or 2nd round pick who already knows the system.
Justin Fields or Jimmy G? I can see then trading up.