Finally a Franchise QB

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Happy with the trade up, need OT in round 2.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean $20+ mill for a receiver is a lot it isn’t an unreasonable opinion that they consider trading him even if you disagree with it

Fool

It’s weird. But ok.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Time will tell if he's the franchise qb we've been waiting on. None of these guys are sure things.

My crystal ball says this board will be flooded with "we could have had Mac Jones" posts in a few years. Simply because he went to a better organization than Fields did and will end up with the better career.

Reactions: Myk

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Jets just moved up the same amount of spots....they only gave up 2 3rd round picks amd got a 4th rounder back (along with the swappes 1st round picks)
There 2nd Rounder is like a late first round pick. Not really to compare (18 th picks between Jets and Bears)

I'm exciting.

Still.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Time will tell if he's the franchise qb we've been waiting on. None of these guys are sure things.

My crystal ball says this board will be flooded with "we could have had Mac Jones" posts in a few years. Simply because he went to a better organization than Fields did and will end up with the better career.
Negative. The differences between that draft and this one are huge.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

That organization no longer has Tom Brady, so they’re officially nothing special.

weaponx24

DA BEARS!
Liked Posts:
This is the kid I were hoping we would get! Glad it worked out! Now have to get some tackles to protect him....

Reactions: Myk

greg23

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure

McMahon
McNown
Grossman
Cutler
Mitchapalooza

We're all franchise qb's

Didn't totally work out long term for any of them....give him time but he's NOT the 1st hopeful "franchise qb" this team has tried to develop

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Hope you all are ready for another decade of Pace and Nagy

I reacted like I did because for Fields to do that will require overcoming the huge hurdles that Pace and Nagy are. But if he does I'll gladly have all three if it means they work well together.

Pretty good deal. Next year's first a 4th and 5th rounder. Reasonable especially for the player.

Next year's first isn't a good deal when the Bears need first round talent at more places than just QB. This is Pace showing he once again has no idea what the problem with the offense is. It may be a good value trade but so was Mack but we needed the picks more than we needed Mack.
'22 pick gone. OT in '23, good in '24 so we're hoping that after 3 years of getting his brains beat in and chased out of the pocket Fields can turn it on in his 4th year enough to keep on the team.

I'm hopeful (like I was with Cutler and Trubisky) but how many decades are we going to keep doing this and expect different results?
At least we have started trying harder to get talent at QB. But at this rate of change at the QB position I'll be in my 90s before they get it all figured out.

Exactly.
I'm hopeful for the player, but it's hard to buy into the organization changing. I'll believe if we somehow get the oline and WRs he needs.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Let’s not crown him yet.

I’m just absolutely stunned we were able to get a guy who to me as a prospect is basically more athletic, more accurate passer version of deshaun watson with a bigger arm

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure

McMahon
McNown
Grossman
Cutler
Mitchapalooza

We're all franchise qb's

Didn't totally work out long term for any of them....give him time but he's NOT the 1st hopeful "franchise qb" this team has tried to develop

Ah, McNown is the actual QB bust of the Bears. I couldn't remember that recently. Easy to forget they actually spent a pick on such a big bust.

Maybe Grossman was hyped to be that by the organization and fans but he was a later round 1st. Happy day if they work out but nobody should have high hopes for one.

Pretty sure you typo'd were into we're but I like saying "we are all franchise QBs" to show the BS the organization feeds its fans.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
PACE NEVER SLEEPS!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
OL round 2, CB round 3.

If Fields is the dude Bears traded up for, weapons like Robinson, Mooney, Monty, Kmet, Cohen, Graham, are plenty to work with if you're a real franchise QB. The Bears need to protect him and continue to add to the OL and add to that glaring and ugly hole at CB. I'd even be on board with CB round 2 and OL round 3. Bears OL is maybe average, but Daniels coming back should help. Still like them to address RT.