onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
On first downs. For a steady clip of 5 or 6 yards.
Yep. Not to mention Hicks is the emotional leader of the defense and collapses the middle of the pocket. Something that has been sorely missed the last 2 games

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Don't forget the #1 Ryan Pace lover. I'm here and not going anywhere. I have no issues with R.Pace being our GM for many many years. So it looks like he got his first QB he drafted wrong. Ok and? QB's get drafted in the 1st round every year that bust. You guys are back on that stupid ass shit thinking GM's should have esp. Well they don't and every one of them will make bad draft picks and i can't for the life of me understand how any Bears fan doesn't understand this by now going off of every past GM we've had. Do any of you honestly think if they fire Pace that whoever replaces him will hit on every draft pick? If you say yes or dance around this question with some stupid answer then you're a fucking moron cause it will never happen.

Pace has fucked up two hc hires, and the bears could have watson and smith-shuster, but they have Mitch and baby Gronk instead.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
:jonesy:
As I said earlier it's all about Hicks...or maybe I'm the only one that notices that teams have been running at the gap he used to occupy.

Maybe Cincy will give up DT Atkins for a mid-rounder, but then again their run defense is shit too.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Don't forget the #1 Ryan Pace lover. I'm here and not going anywhere. I have no issues with R.Pace being our GM for many many years. So it looks like he got his first QB he drafted wrong. Ok and? QB's get drafted in the 1st round every year that bust. You guys are back on that stupid ass shit thinking GM's should have esp. Well they don't and every one of them will make bad draft picks and i can't for the life of me understand how any Bears fan doesn't understand this by now going off of every past GM we've had. Do any of you honestly think if they fire Pace that whoever replaces him will hit on every draft pick? If you say yes or dance around this question with some stupid answer then you're a fucking moron cause it will never happen.
Are you a Packers, Vikings or Lions fan? Couldn't imagine a Bears fan being happy with such a garbage GM for many many years despite accomplishing very very little. Pace defenders making it seem like it's just Mitch. It's not just Mitch.

It's having conviction and trading draft picks for players that are bringing little to nothing to the table. Roquan Smith might have blown a gasket a few weeks back and hasn't looked the same since. Floyd? Garbage since week 2. Kevin White is bagging groceries somewhere. Adam Shaheen is good for 1 play a season. His RBs? Doesn't matter, they don't use them and when they do, bad. Anthony Miller? More bad plays than good. All the QBs he's brought in. Bad. The guy he wanted to get(Mariota) bad. Eddie Jacksons only play of the season came when he got flagged for 15 yards.

Ryan Pace let one of the leagues worst kickers stay on the roster and essentially put a nail in the Bears season. He's 0-2 on coaches. Everyone knew Parkey was going to cost the Bears a big game. Didn't bring in any QB talent to push Mitch. His best players are FAs.

People loved Ryan Pace at first because he was a "breath of fresh air" from weird Phil Emery. When Pace got more say in the Saints, they got worse. Shocker that they got better after he took over the Bears.

No one expects a GM to nail most of his picks but Pace has been bad. He's throwing away picks and the top 10 picks that should be your blue chippers, your foundational players, they're doing absolutely nothing. I don't even know how anyone can want this for many many years.

Cant pick coach.
Cant evaluate qbs.
Cant draft.

At least he's smart enough to recognize proven talent around the league.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Nagy and his whole system pisses me off. Shotgun every play but not even aggressive. Too many short routes. Isn't there any other formations? Ya know try to be unpredictable? Try running the ball, and do it from UNDER CENTER, and not stupid RPO from shotgun constantly where the RB has no momentum when he gets the ball. Maybe get a real FB to help with the blocking? This are obvious basic adjustments that we should be implementing.

I just can't believe Mitch is never under center AT ALL on ANY plays. That takes away play action also, other than that slow shotgun RPO shit which fucks up the timing and forces Trubisky's eyes off the field. He already sucks and Nagy is giving him this extra shit to do.

No threat of running, no playaction to try and help guys get open, no YAC cuz Mitch sucks with accuracy, and no deep passes to even try and get completions or PI. What the fuck even is our offense? Shotgun passes completed behind the line of scrimmage to 5 yards out is our offense with Mitch in there. I'm all for calling up Bray and starting him at this point. Who knows maybe he can do something, I don't see how it would be worse and we already know what Chase's ceiling is.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Are you a Packers, Vikings or Lions fan? Couldn't imagine a Bears fan being happy with such a garbage GM for many many years despite accomplishing very very little. Pace defenders making it seem like it's just Mitch. It's not just Mitch.

It's having conviction and trading draft picks for players that are bringing little to nothing to the table. Roquan Smith might have blown a gasket a few weeks back and hasn't looked the same since. Floyd? Garbage since week 2. Kevin White is bagging groceries somewhere. Adam Shaheen is good for 1 play a season. His RBs? Doesn't matter, they don't use them and when they do, bad. Anthony Miller? More bad plays than good. All the QBs he's brought in. Bad. The guy he wanted to get(Mariota) bad. Eddie Jacksons only play of the season came when he got flagged for 15 yards.

Ryan Pace let one of the leagues worst kickers stay on the roster and essentially put a nail in the Bears season. He's 0-2 on coaches. Everyone knew Parkey was going to cost the Bears a big game. Didn't bring in any QB talent to push Mitch. His best players are FAs.

People loved Ryan Pace at first because he was a "breath of fresh air" from weird Phil Emery. When Pace got more say in the Saints, they got worse. Shocker that they got better after he took over the Bears.

No one expects a GM to nail most of his picks but Pace has been bad. He's throwing away picks and the top 10 picks that should be your blue chippers, your foundational players, they're doing absolutely nothing. I don't even know how anyone can want this for many many years.

Cant pick coach.
Cant evaluate qbs.
Cant draft.

At least he's smart enough to recognize proven talent around the league.

He should head up the organization pro scouting dept NOT be the GM in charge of drafting college players especially offensive players.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Nagy and his whole system pisses me off. Shotgun every play but not even aggressive. Too many short routes. Isn't there any other formations? Ya know try to be unpredictable? Try running the ball, and do it from UNDER CENTER, and not stupid RPO from shotgun constantly where the RB has no momentum when he gets the ball. Maybe get a real FB to help with the blocking? This are obvious basic adjustments that we should be implementing.

Makes you wonder what the hell they did this offseason. I see vanilla play calling...seemed like there were way more mis-directions being ran last year. But maybe that was because they would let Mitch take off and run with it.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Makes you wonder what the hell they did this offseason. I see vanilla play calling...seemed like there were way more mis-directions being ran last year. But maybe that was because they would let Mitch take off and run with it.

Yeah that's another thing missing from the offense from last year. Mitch doesn't even scramble or run anymore which was one of his strengths. I really wonder if the coaches told him not to run as much or if he's staying in the pocket on his own. Either way Nagy should be taking advantage of his feet more, but we all know Nagy hates running apparently.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
This is idiotic. If you think pace only failed on one draft pick you are Special person.
He didn’t just fail he moved up and had 3 top QBs and picks the single bust. The entire league and media was laughing at the bears except bears fans (just like they were before this season being down on trubisky) - this is a huge red flag.

If you’re wondering if this one fuck up is fireable the answer is ABSOLUTELY FUCKING YES.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
The problem with Pace is that he is deeply incapable of seeing how his moves impact other moves and how those moves are all tied to team building. He strings together trades, signings, etc that make little to no sense in tandem. What do I mean by that, well let's look at Mike Glennon and the Mitch trade/pick. It's probably not that terrible an idea to give Glennon the deal he got because there was some upside to it and the team needed a QB. We can and have debated the Trubisky thing but that trade, even if you grade it as a "getting his guy" type cost, is probably not a terrible idea (I think the trade was, but if you're being favorable to Pace). But when you pair the two moves together, the Bears wasted a ton of cap space to bring in a stopgap QB for a team going nowhere AND traded a bunch of mid-round picks to get Trubisky. Pair the two moves together and they're a massive waste of assets. That's what being a GM is all about: valuing assets in a way to make sure you're always building the best team you can both today and in the future. There is just no argument that the signing of Glennon and the drafting of Trubisky when paired together was a good move.

Pace has shown no ability to be a high-level drafter (his picks are essentially random at best) and he's not been good at signing contracts in good, efficient ways. Not really sure what you're keeping Pace for.

Nagy, I'm unsure how he is until you get him some QB that can make evaluating him more fair but obviously it's quite concerning how little offensive success this team has had in year two. The team has been unable and unwilling to have any sort of offensive balance. But I also understand that if you fire Pace, the guy running the team should be able to pick and choose who he wants to be his coach.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He didn’t just fail he moved up and had 3 top QBs and picks the single bust. The entire league and media was laughing at the bears except bears fans (just like they were before this season being down on trubisky) - this is a huge red flag.

If you’re wondering if this one fuck up is fireable the answer is ABSOLUTELY FUCKING YES.
Fans said it. Beat reporters said it. Chicago sports talk personalities said it. The second Ryan Pace traded those picks and drafted Trubisky, he tied their careers together. But standards set by ownership are pathetic. They love mediocrity and that 12-4 season might have earned some goodwill.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Fans said it. Beat reporters said it. Chicago sports talk personalities said it. The second Ryan Pace traded those picks and drafted Trubisky, he tied their careers together. But standards set by ownership are pathetic. They love mediocrity and that 12-4 season might have earned some goodwill.
Should have gone with Ballard.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If sweaty teddy is happy then George and Co are happy

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jahns:

“This is in the best interest of the team,” Trestman said at the time. “I think we need a lift at quarterback. I think we need a spark.”

After a disastrous 36-25 loss to the Saints at Soldier Field on Sunday, it’s fair to wonder if coach Matt Nagy will start to think the same at any point over the final 10 weeks of the season.

The 2019 Bears haven’t full descended to 2014 levels quite yet. But the Saints’ victory certainly had a 2014 feel to it.