dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They will not release him but thinking he is going to turn this around will just send the Bears into a complete rebuilding mode in a few years. However, Nagy is looking like as big of a problem. He is one of the worst play callers in football right now. His first play alone of running Cohen up the middle is just unbelievable. It is like that play actually worked before.

Yeah you won't get any disagreement from me on this one. Nagy has no idea how to adjust to the adjustments that teams have made to his offense and no idea how to make in game changes to make it easy on his QB. Why the hell can't you just call some simple ass dump offs on slants or whatever just to try to give Trubisky some confidence instead of running Cohen up the middle on a great defensed when the run game hasn't worked at all for us yet this year. How fucking stupid can this guy be. I'm not gonna put it all on Nagy cause he doesn't deserve all the blame but he is and has been a big part of the problem in how bad we've been and if Trubisky did have any hope then he's a big part of taking any of that hope and crushing it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Under Pace's watch; have you seen how every qb has played who's worn a bears jersey?

You're so much reaching on this QB thing. He missed one time which was with Trubisky. Anyone with any smarts doesn't give a damn about the Glennon one year signing and not one single GM in the entire league thought D.Prescott would be worth a damn not even Jerry Jones. He missed on Trubisky.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
He will go down as the worst draft pick in Bears history
Context makes it much much much worse than just whiffing on the number 2 pick. Two world beating QBs were taken after him. Missing like that is beyond unacceptable.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sadly losing Hicks is probably the only other defensive player we can't lose long term...so you'll see more of this from the D

It's crazy how much losing Hicks has fucked this defense up. I mean i knew he would be a huge loss but i never expected it to be this bad to see how badly the Raiders did what they wanted with us and then the Saints as well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Vikings don’t have a good Oline.

Have you watched D.Cook this year or are you somehow gonna try to say the o-line isn't half of the running game?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
:jonesy:
As I said earlier it's all about Hicks...or maybe I'm the only one that notices that teams have been running at the gap he used to occupy.

You're 100% right, it's just that some don't seem to grasp exactly how the game of football works. Many go by what the stats say and the stats don't always tell the truth in any sport only some of the truth.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace has fucked up two hc hires, and the bears could have watson and smith-shuster, but they have Mitch and baby Gronk instead.

So i guess we're all done with Nagy then, or at least you are 100% done with him? I'm very close to being done with him but i like him as a HC but his play calling is confusing to me after last year. So as most of us know the J.Fox hiring came from the higher ups and pushed on to Pace which i believe so if Nagy turns out to be a dud after being so great in his first year then of course it always falls on the GM so that ONE is on him.

Now if you could please name who you think are the 3 best GM's in the entire NFL are i will show you players that they "Missed" on and drafted worse players over them and i'll show you multiple players for each GM??

I'll wait

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Are you a Packers, Vikings or Lions fan? Couldn't imagine a Bears fan being happy with such a garbage GM for many many years despite accomplishing very very little. Pace defenders making it seem like it's just Mitch. It's not just Mitch.

It's having conviction and trading draft picks for players that are bringing little to nothing to the table. Roquan Smith might have blown a gasket a few weeks back and hasn't looked the same since. Floyd? Garbage since week 2. Kevin White is bagging groceries somewhere. Adam Shaheen is good for 1 play a season. His RBs? Doesn't matter, they don't use them and when they do, bad. Anthony Miller? More bad plays than good. All the QBs he's brought in. Bad. The guy he wanted to get(Mariota) bad. Eddie Jacksons only play of the season came when he got flagged for 15 yards.

Ryan Pace let one of the leagues worst kickers stay on the roster and essentially put a nail in the Bears season. He's 0-2 on coaches. Everyone knew Parkey was going to cost the Bears a big game. Didn't bring in any QB talent to push Mitch. His best players are FAs.

People loved Ryan Pace at first because he was a "breath of fresh air" from weird Phil Emery. When Pace got more say in the Saints, they got worse. Shocker that they got better after he took over the Bears.

No one expects a GM to nail most of his picks but Pace has been bad. He's throwing away picks and the top 10 picks that should be your blue chippers, your foundational players, they're doing absolutely nothing. I don't even know how anyone can want this for many many years.

Cant pick coach.
Cant evaluate qbs.
Cant draft.

At least he's smart enough to recognize proven talent around the league.

Yawn yawn ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You put me to sleep about a 3rd of the way through so i'm sorry but i couldn't finish this page of your book.

So i would love for you or anyone to give me the task of giving me who you guys think are the 3 best GM's in the NFL and i will show you how they fucked up on multiple picks in multiple drafts. You guys for some odd reason think that there's actually a GM out there that has ever been a GM in the NFL that doesn't have multiple misses during multiple drafts so i would love for anyone to find me those GM's. Now i have a feeling that this won't happen but i would love for any of the people that are bashing Pace for missing on some draft picks to stand behind what you're saying and give me the list.

There is no exact science to drafting.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Should have gone with Ballard.

There's a good one and a guy i'm actually a huge fan of and also wanted to be our next GM before i ever knew anything about R.Pace.

So in the 2017 draft he drafted M.Hooker at pick #15.
In 2017 he played in 7 games and had 3 INT's in those 7 games but still missed 9 games and around here that shit just doesn't cut it. He would of been called a bust on here.
2018 he played in 14 games had 2 INT's and 1 FR and like 44 tackles so around here that would of been another year that many on here would of been calling him a wasted pick.
2019 he's played in 3 of the games and had 1 INT so this would again be considered a bust year already and many on here would be calling for his head.
Players he could of drafted over M.Hooker:
M.Humphrey
E.Engram
T.White (Bills CB)
T.McKinnley
TJ Watt
R.Ramczyk

2018 draft he took a can't miss guy in Q.Nelson at #6 and pretty sure we all knew that R.Pace would of taken him at #8 if he dropped that far. He had a solid draft in 2018 so i can't say much about that but Pace has also had solid drafts.

Ballard has only been the GM of two drafts for the Colts and missed on the player he took because he can't stay healthy and took him over many player that have been way better.

By the way the rest of Ballards 2017 draft is also pretty damn bad except for getting M.Mack in the 4th round.

2nd round he took Quincy Wilson who started 5 games in 2017 and 5 games in 2018 and no games in 2019.

3rd round he took Tarell Basham and he's been horrible.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Setting a franchise low for rushing plays in a game is embarrassing, especially considering the Bears were in a close game at the half.

7 fucking runs. I mean i get it that the whole 2nd half we had to play catch up and that the run game (Once again) wasn't working but 7 runs for the entire game. I think it's time to get rid of H.Heistand and maybe another assistant just to make it loud and clear that something needs to happen or others will be gone as well.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
if anyone watched the press conference of nagy, he basically admitted he'll abandon the run if it doesn't work in the beginning...the one piece of good news is he wasn't totally against giving up playcalling duties...the bad side to that is helfrich has never called plays before and ragone i think called plays in preseason once or so...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They have given up 15 sacks.

Ok but do you understand that sacks aren't all always on the o-line? There's what they call coverage sacks and then there's sacks that the QB run right into when they step up or out of the pocket and right into a defender. Sacks are not always the o-lines fault which is why i say you can't use all you're judgment on what a team or player is just by what the stats say. I've said this before but when a QB throws the ball to his WR and it hits his WR right in the hands but bounces off of them and into the defenders hands guess who gets the INT on their stat sheet, the QB does but it's not his fault.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Ok but do you understand that sacks aren't all always on the o-line? There's what they call coverage sacks and then there's sacks that the QB run right into when they step up or out of the pocket and right into a defender. Sacks are not always the o-lines fault which is why i say you can't use all you're judgment on what a team or player is just by what the stats say. I've said this before but when a QB throws the ball to his WR and it hits his WR right in the hands but bounces off of them and into the defenders hands guess who gets the INT on their stat sheet, the QB does but it's not his fault.

It is when I’m talking about pressuring the QB, is the only metric there is.

What I’m saying is this defense is average at best when they can’t pressure the QB. And that happens when they face a decent protecting Oline.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Matt Nagy is trying to run his offense with a bag of shit at QB, I would like to see him coach with a Bridgewater level QB.

If they fire Pace I would not have an issue.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
After watching Cutler burn through 11 coaches, you would think bears fans would have learned you can't playcall or scheme your way out of a shit QB

Trubs on his way to burning this team down like every shit QB that came before him

This might as well be printed in the bible.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Nagy calls the plays and he is horrendous. Looking like a terrible hire.

I knew the game was basically over when we had that stretch from late in the 1st quarter into the 2nd quarter where Nagy called pass plays on 17 out of 18 plays. You can’t just completely abandon the run in 1st quarter and expect to win.

After that 30+ consecutive passes playcalling fiasco against the Packers, it’s totally inexcusable to make that mistake again.

I would genuinely consider firing Nagy mid season.