First Mock draft

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Taking a shot at my first mock draft also took into account that Emery likes players with good at

Trade* down with Carolina who will be looking to upgrade at WR. Bears swap 1st's and receive 2nd and 4th round picks from the Panthers.

Rnd 1* Timmy Jernigan DT Florida State: 6'2 299 Good run stopper who has very good athleticism and is a good pass rusher.

Rnd 2 Deone Bucannon FS/SS Washington State: 6'1 215 Safety with good speed and a proven play maker with 5int 3FF.

Rnd 2* Bradley Roby CB Ohio State: 5'11 192. Had a down year but has elite athleticism and huge upside.

Rnd 3 Kareem Martin DE North Carolina 6'6 265. Very good athleticism for his size plays inconsistent but can still contribute this year.

Rnd 4 Weston Richburg C Colorado State 6'4 300 Decent athletic ability with decent strength should sit behind Garza for 1 year.

Rnd 4 Jeoffrey Pagan DT Alabama 6'4 290 Played DT/DE at Bama is still raw and needs to develop his physical skills

Rnd 5 T.J. Jones WR Notre Dame 6'0 195 Has very good speed and can work into a future slot or backup WR used to stretch defenses

Rnd 6. James Morris OLB/ILB, Iowa 6'2 230. Instinctive player but a little small, improved his play making ability his senior year.

Rnd 6 Chris Davis CB Auburn 5'11 200. decent size good speed with good returning ability, needs to improve his skills at CB though.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Next years 1st this years 2nd and 4th for the 51st overall pick? You think emery can sell ice in the middle of winter or something?

Other than the trade I like the picks...

Martin Jernigan and Roby should all have solid NFL careers... Jernigan has star potential...

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Way too early for Jernigan and a safety in the 2nd is a hard sell as opposed to the front seven IMO. An undersized run-stuffer is not a good 1st round value when you've got Nix and Hageman there as well. There will also be plenty of good safeties still there in the 3rd and maybe even 4th round, so no need to reach for one early.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Next years 1st this years 2nd and 4th for the 51st overall pick? You think emery can sell ice in the middle of winter or something

We trade down from 14 to 28 swapping our 1st round picks while receiving an additional 2nd and 4th round pick.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
We trade down from 14 to 28 swapping our 1st round picks while receiving an additional 2nd and 4th round pick.

More realistic, but the Bears actually come out on the short end on this trade, at least according to the common pick value chart. The 14th pick is worth 1100, getting 28, 60, and 124 only gets Carolina to 1008. And since the team trading up is almost always the more desperate one, the Bears could afford to extract a higher price for the pick.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Way too early for Jernigan and a safety in the 2nd is a hard sell as opposed to the front seven IMO. An undersized run-stuffer is not a good 1st round value when you've got Nix and Hageman there as well. There will also be plenty of good safeties still there in the 3rd and maybe even 4th round, so no need to reach for one early.

28th pick for Jernigan isn't to high IMO. Also hes short not that undersized he has good girth to him and has enough athletic ability to rush the passer, as Chris Sojka said he does have star potential. Also Bucannon wouldn't be a reach in the 2nd round that's about where he is projected to go and I'v read some reports that with a good combine he could sneak into the bottom of the 1st round.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

Sorry i completely misread that... I am hurried through this post...

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
28th pick for Jernigan isn't to high IMO. Also hes short not that undersized he has good girth to him and has enough athletic ability to rush the passer, as Chris Sojka said he does have star potential. Also Bucannon wouldn't be a reach in the 2nd round that's about where he is projected to go and I'v read some reports that with a good combine he could sneak into the bottom of the 1st round.

Okay, Jernigan at the end of the first makes more sense, I thought you were taking him at 14. Still, at 28 I'd take Hageman or even Donald before Jernigan.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry IMHO stay at 14 and get a difference maker Mosley/Nix we need star quality from this draft.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Okay, Jernigan at the end of the first makes more sense, I thought you were taking him at 14. Still, at 28 I'd take Hageman or even Donald before Jernigan.

I don't think Hageman makes it to 28, He is going to blow up the combine and can play 3, or the 5. But I'll agree if he is there at 28 I would jump all over him.

Saluki

Liked Posts:
Clinton-Dix would be my dream 1st round pick, which means we almost certainly will not be drafting him.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Dennard is available, and we select Nix, I'm going to :rage:

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If Dennard is available, and we select Nix, I'm going to :rage:

I'm a big fan on Dennard and would take him at 14 but I don't know how Emery would grade him becuase Emery loves speed and that is the one part of Dennards game that is lacking.

Liked Posts:
Taking a shot at my first mock draft also took into account that Emery likes players with good at

Trade* down with Carolina who will be looking to upgrade at WR. Bears swap 1st's and receive 2nd and 4th round picks from the Panthers.

Rnd 1* Timmy Jernigan DT Florida State: 6'2 299 Good run stopper who has very good athleticism and is a good pass rusher.

Rnd 2 Deone Bucannon FS/SS Washington State: 6'1 215 Safety with good speed and a proven play maker with 5int 3FF.

Rnd 2* Bradley Roby CB Ohio State: 5'11 192. Had a down year but has elite athleticism and huge upside.

Rnd 3 Kareem Martin DE North Carolina 6'6 265. Very good athleticism for his size plays inconsistent but can still contribute this year.

Rnd 4 Weston Richburg C Colorado State 6'4 300 Decent athletic ability with decent strength should sit behind Garza for 1 year.

Rnd 4 Jeoffrey Pagan DT Alabama 6'4 290 Played DT/DE at Bama is still raw and needs to develop his physical skills

Rnd 5 T.J. Jones WR Notre Dame 6'0 195 Has very good speed and can work into a future slot or backup WR used to stretch defenses

Rnd 6. James Morris OLB/ILB, Iowa 6'2 230. Instinctive player but a little small, improved his play making ability his senior year.

Rnd 6 Chris Davis CB Auburn 5'11 200. decent size good speed with good returning ability, needs to improve his skills at CB though.

I think Timmy Jernigan & Kareem Martin would make very good picks for the Bears defensive line. IMO Jernigan is going to be the stud DT some think Sutton already is, & I do think Kareem Martin is one of the more under rated DE prospects heading into early May.

I'd also really like to see CJ Mosley in a Bears uniform, Bostic is absolutely horrible in the middle, the Bears need a smart talented LB in the middle of their defense that can read offenses, call plays & heard the sheep. Bostic is not that guy.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Yeah, I saw his girth hanging over his pants while he was on the sideline sucking wind during the national championship game. He couldn't get into a 3 point stance when on the field and had to take himself out for several plays.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think Timmy Jernigan & Kareem Martin would make very good picks for the Bears defensive line. IMO Jernigan is going to be the stud DT some think Sutton already is, & I do think Kareem Martin is one of the more under rated DE prospects heading into early May.

I'd also really like to see CJ Mosley in a Bears uniform, Bostic is absolutely horrible in the middle, the Bears need a smart talented LB in the middle of their defense that can read offenses, call plays & heard the sheep. Bostic is not that guy.

I would love to see us draft Mosley.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Clinton-Dix would be my dream 1st round pick, which means we almost certainly will not be drafting him.

I liked the idea of grabbing this guy. I am trying to put the Sugar Bowl out of my mind. He took on runners, and shied away from contact.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I liked the idea of grabbing this guy. I am trying to put the Sugar Bowl out of my mind. He took on runners, and shied away from contact.

You could have two Clinton-Dix's at safety, and it wouldn't do a damn bit of good if the OL is still getting to the LBs untouched. Have to address the front seven in both rounds 1 & 2.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

I'm no expert, but looks like a decent mock.

Depending on who we resign, cut/restructure... for FA and Draft, I just want to get the best players available for CB, DT/NT, DE and Safety, all of which are needs IMO. Taylor Boggs seems a bit light at 285 for our backup or future Center, but I don't know enough about him to say if we need to replace him.