Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls down Nets in comeback win

It seemed Brooklyn would be doom and gloom for the Bulls as they completed the second half of a back to back in the Barclays Center. The Bulls appeared to show signs of fatigue early in the game, shooting just 35% and giving up a lot of easy baskets to Patrick Ewing and the Nets. Ewing was unstoppable early on, scoring the first 12 points on 5-6 shooting for the Nets in the 1st quarter. The Bulls on the other hand, struggled to find the basket. Allen Iverson was 0-6 early while Paul Pierce was just 2-6. It was surprisingly Joakim Noah, who returned to action after missing the Bulls' previous game due to an ankle injury, who was leading the Bulls in scoring during the 1st quarter. The bench did not have much luck either with Gary Neal missing all of his shot attempts while Nick Collison and Bill Walker also struggled from the field. Meanwhile, Dell Curry was putting on a shooting show, hitting 3 of his 7 3s in the 1st half and Ewing was continuing to dominate the post and the Nets found themselves with a 16 point halftime lead.

However, the Bulls came out in the second half with vigor. Allen Iverson and Paul Pierce both scored double digits in the 3rd quarter while Earl Monroe added 14 off the bench in the quarter. Behind these efforts, the Bulls clawed back from a 20 point deficit to bring the game to within 8 going into the 4th. Then, finally, the Bulls found their outside shots falling with Chuck Person and Paul Pierce hitting a pair of 3s. Iverson and Monroe continued to attack the basket and draw fouls and the Bulls were able to tie the game with 3 minutes to go. However, Dell Curry continued his lights out shooting and after a couple empty possessions, the Bulls once again found themselves down 6. With time running out, the Bulls looked to Iverson to bring them back and he was able to deliver, scoring on 3 straight possessions and then finding Paul Pierce for a 3 to give the Bulls a 2 point lead. Joakim Noah was able to block Ewing's game tying attempt on the next possession and Iverson hit 2 free throws to seal the game.

Dell Curry finished with a game high 32 points while Patrick Ewing had 26 points and 3 blocks for the Nets, who, despite their active defense forcing 18 Bulls turnovers, were massively outrebounded by the Bulls.

"It definitely wasn't pretty, but we got the job done," said Iverson, who led the Bulls with 30 points, 5 rebounds, and 8 assists. "Once again, we had heart and didn't give up even though we were down big. That says a lot about who we are as a team. No one can take us lightly at any point because we can and we will come back."

"All it took was a few stops to get us rolling," said Dennis Rodman, who had 9 points and 15 rebounds. "It's all about forcing misses and grabbing rebounds. If we do that, we're good."

"We still need to cut down on turnovers," said Tom Thibodeau. "Our shot selection could be better as well. We were shooting a lot of quick jumpers in the 1st half and that's what killed us. We have to keep attacking the baskets, then the jumpers will come."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls blow out '92-'93 Bulls

Most of the Bulls' wins this season have come through hard fought grittiness and determination, with many games being decided in the final minutes. Not so in Chicago Stadium as they took on (A/N: ironically) Derrick Rose and their 90s counterparts. The Iverson led Bulls jumped to an early lead behind a quick start from Paul Pierce, who scored the Bulls' first 6 points. The 90s Bulls attempted a rally, but quickly found themselves manhandled by the Bulls' defense. They shot just 42% on the night and struggled to keep up with an offense that was clicking on all cylinders on the other end. Derrick Rose led all scorers with 30 points, but he received little help from his teammates outside of Pete Maravich's 24 points. Meanwhile, Allen Iverson and the Bulls were working like a well oiled machine, resulting in their highest assist total in weeks. Iverson led the Bulls with 24 points while Joakim Noah, looking much improved from his ankle injury, added 17 points, 8 rebounds, and 5 assists. Doug Christie had a season high 10 assists while Earl Monroe added 17 points and 7 assists off the bench.

"It seemed like everything finally went our way for the whole game," said Paul Pierce, who finished the game with 22 points. "We were getting a lot of jumpers to fall, and we've been really struggling with our outside game lately so that was huge for our confidence as a whole."

"We played like a team," said Doug Christie. "Guys were getting to their spots and finding each other and making those shots. Not many games turn out so perfect like that, it was cool to be a part of it."

"We executed well on both sides of the basketball," said Tom Thibodeau. "Obviously our offense was clicking. Defensively, we were forcing tough shots, grabbing loose balls. Like I've been saying, we're making good strides in the right direction."

The Bulls will look to extend their winning streak against Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For the lolz, how I feel playing with this team against all the CPU cheese and stuff...because that doesn't get relayed as much during the recaps

Allen Iverson-He's pretty much a beast. His midrange shot is unstoppable and he rarely misses around the basket. Only thing is the CPU tends to mob him with 3 or 4 guys in the paint and block his contact layup animation (referred to on youtube as the leaning layup cheese in certain circles). I don't really get that many assists with him either, but that might just be my playstyle. I am running plays, but that's not really conducive to getting assists. He's also really good in the passing lanes, but I don't think I'm doing him justice in the steals department.

Doug Christie-For some reason I can't make a 3 with him. I get his release perfect and he'll miss regardless of if he's open or not. He doesn't have any hot spots so that's not the issue...he's just weird. He's the only guy who goes for steals though it seems without me controlling him. He's a good piece, even if I can't score with him like I'd like to.

Paul Pierce-I've used him less in recent games, but he's also basically unstoppable. He's pretty much automatic from midrange and almost never misses when closer activates. His 3 seems to be a little streaky, but if I shoot from his spot at the top of the key it's basically automatic. Only thing I don't like about him is how he can get burned defensively. He can also miss a lot of contact layups, but that might be more the game mechanics than him necessarily.

Dennis Rodman-Rebounding monster. The game doesn't do his defensive work justice. He's gotten burned by every star big man I've put him on. Surprisingly good at sneaking his way into double digit points through offensive rebounds.

Joakim Noah-Basically the same thing as Rodman but with a lot more offensive prowess. I think Rodman steals all his rebounds too because he's not really getting double digit rebounds ever. Still, he's a pretty good pick and roll option depending on who the ball handler is and is always a threat on the offensive glass.

Earl Monroe-Also basically unstoppable around the basket. I think he's leading the team in and 1 plays. He's also got a solid midrange shot that the CPU likes to give him space on for some reason. The game doesn't do his defensive ratings justice either. He would guard the best perimeter player in his days with the Knicks (and that's the team he's on in the game) and hold his own, but oh well. If only he could shoot 3s.

Chuck Person-Basically he's my go to 3pt shooter off the bench. He's got a weird release, but he tends to knock it down when he's open. Problem is, he's seemingly never open. If he can't make his first couple shots he's basically useless for the whole game. He does get a few rebounds here and there, but this isn't a prime Chuck Person, so there's only so much he can do.

Udonis Haslem-He's kind of up and down, but when he's grabbing rebounds, he always seems to find a way to score. He's also got that midrange jumper that's usually money if I could ever get his release right. Another pretty good pick and roll/pop option.

Nick Collison-He always seems to grab a couple offensive rebounds per game. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to do much outside of that. One of those players whose real life skills didn't really translate to the game.

Bill Walker-He would be good if he could shoot 3s as well as his rating says (I think he's got an 83 or so). I've only managed to knock down a couple 3s with him because of his awkward release and the CPU defense always magically appearing in the play. Even so, he's athletic and if we get him in the fast break he's dangerous. Also manages to find his way to the free throw line a lot and a pretty decent rebounder for a bench scrub.

Gary Neal-For some reason he doesn't want to knock down a shot either. He's shot 0 for whatever in my past 3 games. He can't really do jack around the basket unless he's got a wide open layup and he doesn't really seem to knock down 3s despite his super high 3pt rating. Maybe it's the game...I can't really ever knock down 3s it seems...except for the last game. He's basically fallen out of my rotation, but I still give him chances to earn it back. We'll see.

Reggie Evans-He gets rebounds. That's all he does. Also the game likes to glitch his 3pt rating to 99. Maybe I'll keep it there and start launching 3s with him lol.

Nazr Mohammed-He does alright in small minutes, just as in real life. He can't really play defense as well as in real life, but he grabs some boards and scores a few points. Only thing he needs to do is shove Lebron to the floor.

Jamario Moon-Haven't gotten a chance to use him that much. He did hit a 3 at the end of a quarter which was nice. Other than that, he hasn't done a whole lot. If he could ever get open on the fast break, he'd be good because he's so athletic, but the CPU defense would never allow such a thing. He'll get spot minutes as a long defender at SF for me and a more athletic option at SF, especially if Chuck Person doesn't want to make shots.

The CPU defense is insane. They seem to recover on every play to contest every shot, even if they're out of range. My players on the other hand, can't contest a thing. That's hall of fame for you. There's also the eyes in the back of their head defense that results in them getting double digit steals off my passes every single game. It's obnoxious and changes the game momentum in a hurry. They're also blazing fast on the fast break, no matter who it is. Not even Allen Iverson and his 99 speed can catch up. Meanwhile on my fast breaks they have 3 guys back every time. Oh 2k...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:lol: way to go developers :clap:
lol you'd think they'd address things like that over stuff like blocking dunks and whatever, but considering that the gameplay overall is still very good, I guess I can't be that upset.

And besides...if the game was really that realistic, I'd never have a challenge like fighting back from 20 down to win. :shrug:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Still following unlike DP and Capt. :deer:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
PS3 set up, played a game so at long last some kind of update. Internet continues to be spotty though.

Bulls ride balanced attack to win over Warriors

It was the battle of the backcourts as Walt Frazier and the '90-'91 Golden State Warriors came to the United Center to square off against Allen Iverson and the Bulls. The Warriors boasted a strong offensive and defensive backcourt of Frazier and Joe Dumars to matchup with the Bulls' high scoring duo of Iverson and Paul Pierce. Both Bulls struggled from the field all game, but found help from their teammates to make up the difference. Dennis Rodman had 18 points and 10 rebounds for the Bulls while Doug Christie had another solid game with 15 points and 3 assists. The Bulls also received a boost from their bench led by Earl Monroe's 14 points. Joe Dumars led all scorers with 22 points while Frazier added 18 points, 6 assists, and 4 steals, but the Warriors couldn't put enough of a run together to give the Bulls a challenge for the lead.

"I think it really shows how much we're gelling as a team," said Iverson, who had 17 points and 10 assists. "It's a huge weight off of my back knowing that I don't have to have the best game ever for us to get the win. We pick each other up. You see guys like Dennis stepping up and guys like Chuck and U off the bench doing their thing, giving us key baskets. We got something going on here."

I know it's short, but with my internet being how it is I dare not spend a long time on this.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Iverson, Pierce lead Bulls over Durant, Magic

It was an old fashioned shootout at the United Center as the high scoring Orlando Magic came to challenge the Bulls. Led by the efforts of Carlos Boozer and Kevin Durant, the Magic have established themselves as one of the NBA's best offensive teams. This game was no exception as Durant lit it up to the tune of 42 points while Boozer added 16 and 10 rebounds. However, the Bulls have consistently been at the top of the league in both points and offensive efficiency this year. Paul Pierce and Allen Iverson showed their scoring prowess with Pierce scoring 27 points and Iverson netting a season high 35. Both teams were at each others' necks the entire game. The Bulls clung to a one point lead going into the half, but the Magic rallied behind the hot shooting of Durant in the 2nd half, taking the lead briefly before the 4th. However, consecutive scores by Earl Monroe and a last second 3 pointer by Chuck Person put the Bulls back in front going into the 4th. Durant and the Magic were persistent, however, and the Bulls quickly found themselves on the receiving end of a 16-4 run before Earl Monroe stopped the bleeding with a jumper. Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau then pulled a gutsy move by taking his starters out of the game halfway through the 4th while the game was still tight. The Bulls bench managed to stave off the Magic for a couple minutes before the starters came back in. The move proved to be effective though, as the Bulls' starters benefited from the extra rest while the Magic starters were still in the game. Doug Christie hit a 3 followed by an assist to Iverson to put the Bulls up by 4 and Iverson was able to seal the game for the Bulls, scoring their last 8 points to close the game.

"I trust all of our guys top to bottom," said Thibodeau. "I know that if I put someone into the game they are going to go all out for as long as they're in there. In that situation I felt that it was important for guys like Paul and Jo to get a rest before the final stretch and out bench guys delivered for us."

"It's like we've been saying all season, we're winning as a team," said Iverson. "We know we got each other's backs and we're not focused on stats or minutes, just the result. If one guy is doing well and getting more minutes we ain't mad that we might be losing minutes of our own. The results speak for themselves."

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish