Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Finally got my internet issues resolved! But now I have homework...but hopefully will still be able to update fairly regularly.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls walk over Mavs

The Dallas Mavericks have established themselves as one of the top teams in the Western Conference. Behind the play of Dwyane Wade and Walt Bellamy the Mavericks have fought their way to the 2nd spot in the West behind the Utah Jazz. Meanwhile in the East, the Bulls have established themselves as the top team in the East and are making the case for the best team in the league with their recent play. As these two conference powers clashed, one team clearly established themselves as the superior team: the Bulls. Both teams went at each other defensively to begin the game and it appeared like it would be a grind it out type of game. But then the Bulls broke it open. Behind the spark of Earl Monroe, who scored 11 points in the 1st half, the Bulls quickly found their offense whilst still keeping up the defensive pressure and broke out to a double digit lead. It was all downhill from there for the Mavericks who found themselves struggling all game and shot just 35% from the field. Dwyane Wade led the Mavs with 14 points, but found himself on the bench with the other Mavericks starters in the 2nd half as the Bulls piled up their lead, at one point leading by 36. Monroe led the Bulls off the bench with 17 points while Dennis Rodman added 10 points and 12 rebounds while the bench played most of the 2nd half.

"I think we're really making a statement with how we've been playing lately," said Paul Pierce, who had 14 points while playing just 21 minutes. "I don't think there's anyone out there who can beat us. We're really gelling as a team and I think we have yet to hit our full potential."

"We're gonna make some noise," said Dennis Rodman. "I don't know how it's all going to play out, but we're going to make some noise. League better watch out because we're coming for em."

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
still following unlike farmer boy & DP boy. :deer:

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
:smh: I've been following the whole time

Hope school isn't to overwhelming clone :hi5:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:smh: I've been following the whole time

Hope school isn't to overwhelming clone :hi5:

Hoping school won't be too bad this semester. It's just the combined homework + extra curricular stuff that takes up all my time. Don't have a ton of time to play, but I should get this season done before like...Thanksgiving lol. I'll probably take a break from chises after that so I can focus on everything else, but if I do something awesome related to one of my chises I'll throw it up.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy crap computer science is hard sometimes...

An update or two will be out in the near future though. I have a game from a few days ago I never did a thing for.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Christie leads Bulls over Knicks

The Bulls showed their prowess on both sides of the ball in front of the Madison Square Garden crowd, much to the disdain of the Knicks and their fans. The Knicks have enjoyed much success this season behind the play of Dwight Howard, Maurice Cheeks, and John Stockton and have cemented themselves as one of the top 3 teams in the Eastern Conference with 2 weeks to go until the All Star break. However, the Bulls have established themselves as the top team in the league with their recent play, notching 8 wins in a row prior to their meeting with the Knicks.

The Bulls got off to a fast start behind Paul Pierce's playmaking. However, Howard and the Knicks were resilient, holding their own against the Bulls' prolific offense. However, the Bulls bench provided a huge spark with Earl Monroe and Chuck Person leading the charge. Person hit consecutive 3s while Monroe put the Knicks on their heels with his penetration, drawing a couple fouls along the way. The Knicks bench struggled, however, as 6th man Nick Young struggled to score against the defense of Bill Walker. The second half proved to be no different as the Bulls' offense continued to roll. Doug Christie led an onslaught from 3 in the half to put the Bulls up by 20 points going into the 4th and the lead almost hit 40 before both benches were emptied. Christie led Bulls 6 Bulls in double figures with 23 points, including 5-10 shooting from 3, along with 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 2 blocks. Earl Monroe and Chuck Person combined for 30 points off the Bulls bench with Person having 4 3s on his own. Meanwhile, the Knicks apart from Dwight Howard struggled. Howard led all scorers with 24 points and added 9 rebounds, but received little help from the rest of his teammates. Maurice Cheeks shot just 2-7 and finished with 10 points while John Stockton had just 9 points on 3-9 shooting. Nick Young struggled the most, shooting just 3-18 in his 17 minutes of time.

"It all starts with defense," said Allen Iverson, who had 19 points and 6 assists. "Getting stops defensively lets us get our transition game going and that builds up our confidence really fast. I think we're really locking in on what Coach Thibs has been teaching us all season and it's really starting to come together for us."

The Bulls will look to extend their winning streak against Karl Malone and the Houston Rockets in their next game.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls crush Rockets en route to 10th straight victory

Houston Rockets forward Karl Malone has been one of the top scorers in the league all season. With averages of 27 points and nearly 11 boards the Mailman has been arguably the league's best power forward all season. However, his team has not had much success, sitting near the bottom of the West several games under .500. This trend continued for the Rockets as they visited the United Center to face the league's top team. Malone had another statistically good game with 21 points and 7 rebounds, but his team fell way short of the Bulls' high powered offense. The Bulls shot a blistering 54% for the game and 50% from downtown, continuing their offensive success from their previous game against the Knicks.

Paul Pierce led all scorers with 29 points while Allen Iverson added 21 points and 6 assists. The Bulls bench once again played a big role in the win with 3 players scoring in double figures. Nick Collison had a 10 point 12 rebound double double while Bill Walker added a season high 14 points.

"It shows that we're a complete team," said Doug Christie of the Bulls' bench play. "Top to bottom we've got guys who can get it done. If one guy is having a bad game, another guy can step up. We're a unit...a family even. We got each other's backs."

"It's hard to complain with how they've been playing lately," said Tom Thibodeau. "These past 10 games they've really grown together as a team and their play shows that. I'm proud of these guys...I think they can be something special."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls snubbed from All Star festivities

Despite having the league's best record and delighting fans night in and night out with a highlight filled offense and inspiring defense, the Chicago Bulls found themselves with no representatives during All Star weekend.

"Well we don't have any rookies on the team so that was out already," said Gar Forman. "As for everything else, that's up to the fans and the league. I definitely feel like we could've sent a couple guys to the 3pt contest and we have guys on this team that have been All Star starters in the past. I don't know how at least one guy didn't get in there."

"It is what it is," said Allen Iverson, a normally regular fixture in the All Star game for most of his career. "We're not too upset about it though. We're focused on the season and the goal of winning a championship. Yeah it'd be nice to be part of everything going on this weekend, but we're just gonna kick back and chill. We'll get rested up and come back stronger after the break."

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Still following unlike DP :pity:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Iverson leads Bulls to 11th straight win

The Bulls did not show any rust after the All Star break as they took on the '71-'72 Knicks at Madison Square Garden. The Knicks boast a prolific scoring trio of Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, and Rodney Rogers while Dikembe Mutombo anchors the paint. However, they were without SF Jerome Kersey who was out with a broken foot. The Knicks felt his absence against the stifling defense of the Bulls, who held them to 41%. Meanwhile, the Bulls continued their offensive streak, shooting 51% for the game. All 5 starters scored in double figures as the Bulls coasted to their 11th straight win. Russell Westbrook led all scorers with 31 points, but the rest of the Knicks starters combined for just 42 points in the loss. Allen Iverson led the Bulls with 20 points and 6 assists while Paul Pierce and Doug Christie added 18 a piece for the Bulls.

"Our defense is really what gets us going," said Dennis Rodman, who had 14 points and 15 rebounds. "When we get those stops we get fired up and we're locked in on both sides of the ball. Jo gets us hyped up with his energy and how he plays. Nick is always active on the boards and U is a gritty scrappy kind of guy. I see a lot of myself in those guys. It makes it a lot more fun playing with guys who play at that high intensity level all game."

The Bulls will look to keep rolling against David Robinson the Denver Nuggets.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hm...on a scale of 1-5, how interesting is it to read these things?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I bet I'm going to regret asking that question...lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Iverson drops 41 as Bulls win 12th straight

The Bulls faced a tough matchup at the United Center as they hosted Clyde Drexler and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Boasting an extremely talented backcourt of Penny Hardaway and Drexler with Mark Agguire on the wing and Ray Allen off the bench, the Thunder have been a difficult cover for any team. The Bulls were no exception to the rule as Hardaway and Drexler combined for 64 points. However, Allen Iverson and Paul Pierce were able to retaliate the Thunder offense with even more offense as they combined for 70. They were assisted by Doug Christie's 15 points and a combined 15 points and 25 rebounds from Joakim Noah and Dennis Rodman. Agguire and Allen struggled from the field, shooting a combined 10-28. Both teams were in each other's jersey's in the first half, as neither team could grab an edge. A buzzer beating 3 from Allen Iverson gave the Bulls a small 4 point leading heading into halftime, but the Thunder roared back in the 3rd behind Hardaway and Drexler. Earl Monroe, normally the Bulls' spark plug off the bench, struggled against the length of the Thunder backcourt and couldn't find a rhythm all game, but hit 2 key shots to put the Bulls ahead by 6 before the Bulls starters returned to the game. Pierce and Iverson scored back to back on 3s and the Bulls found themselves up by double digits for the fist time all game late in the 3rd. They never looked back as they were able to fend off Drexler's offensive onslaught with Iverson's equally dominating offensive performance.

"It was two great scorers just going at each other the whole game," said Doug Christie, who was tasked with guarding Drexler for most of the game, but couldn't find a way to slow him down. "I did everything I could against Drex, but he's just an amazing scorer. Sometimes, offense just wins out against whatever defense. Good thing we had AI on the other end doing the same thing."

"I've still gotta hand it to my teammates though," said Iverson, whose 41 points were a season high. "If it wasn't for them supporting me and having my back, this would've been an empty game. Paul was scoring the ball too, making plays, stretching the D, Jo and Dennis were working the glass and cleaning up our mess. Doug hit some pretty big shots and really spread the floor for us. It was still a team effort, even if some guys did well. It's all about us doing what we do together to help the team."