For those still lamenting Matt Forte's release

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd say wait until uhhhhh at least November 1st to start boasting about this decisiion

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I'd say wait until uhhhhh at least November 1st to start boasting about this decisiion

Boasting? No one is boasting, just reporting the facts.

The irony is people are pissed at Jeffrey but giving Forte a pass under virtually the same circumstances...

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Boasting? No one is boasting, just reporting the facts.

The irony is people are pissed at Jeffrey but giving Forte a pass under virtually the same circumstances...

You could look at it with a bit more nuance than that. Forte was constantly an excellent teammate and fierce competitor. Jeffrey is younger, has much more to prove, and is playing for a big contract.

Monster O

Liked Posts:
The same people who are ripping the Bears for not signing forte would be the same people ripping the Bears for signing forte .

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a poster who started countless threads about the importance of re-signing Forte this past year, I say let it go...

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
You could look at it with a bit more nuance than that. Forte was constantly an excellent teammate and fierce competitor. Jeffrey is younger, has much more to prove, and is playing for a big contract.

So he's going to prove all that during training camp and preseason games? Yeah that's pretty nuanced...

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Forte won't even hit 600 yards rushing this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And for those who believe releasing Forte was a good idea: the Bears averaged 2.8 yards per carry and scored zero points against the Broncos.

Well shit...with that logic why even bother watching the regular season, I mean with the performance they put up in the first pre-season game obviously we're going to have the worst team ever!

Pack it all the hell up guy's the seasons over!

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Sarcasm or?
No sarcasm,he will NOT hit 600

Forte's main strength is catching the ball,he is not an in between the the tackles runner and his rushing ability has diminished over the past 2 years.

Its good that the bears let him go,it was time

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk