For those still lamenting Matt Forte's release

CallMeYams

Liked Posts:
No sarcasm,he will NOT hit 600

Forte's main strength is catching the ball,he is not an in between the the tackles runner and his rushing ability has diminished over the past 2 years.

Its good that the bears let him go,it was time

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Forte will most definitely hit over 600 yards assuming he stays relatively healthy. He is head and shoulders better than any running back the jets have, and will have plenty of opportunities. Looking at what we currently have, I believe it was not time due to the fact how cheap he would've been.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The last time the Jets got an RB from the Bears was Thomas Jones, and he was a beast in NY. Could lightning strike twice with Forte? I hope so. Forte was a class act and hard worker. Never slacked off or took plays off. I wish the best for Forte.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Forte has more yards from scrimmage than anyone in the NFL since he was drafted, was pretty much always available, and with ~3 more years of his average production is a borderline hall of fame football player. He's the best skill position player the Bears have had since Walter Payton and has been a consummate professional in the way he's handled himself, which is why he's outplayed more athletically gifted players throughout his career.

I never complained about letting him go because I understand that this is not going to be a good football team for a while and he was wasted in this offense. I like Jordan Howard's potential but the fact is this offense lacks talent outside of the WR position. There's no point in lamenting Forte's release, or Marshall's release, or Bennett's. The team isn't going anywhere until they start afresh at the most important position and build from there.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Forte will have more rushing yardage than any of the meatball Bears RBs

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think it's always a great idea to jump to conclusions after one preseason game.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
So he's going to prove all that during training camp and preseason games? Yeah that's pretty nuanced...

The nuance is to see that they are in different situations. Having a the experience and reputation in line with Forte means you get cut some slack.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No sarcasm,he will NOT hit 600

Forte's main strength is catching the ball,he is not an in between the the tackles runner and his rushing ability has diminished over the past 2 years.

Its good that the bears let him go,it was time

Lol.....u are fucking silly or you must be talking about the combined yardage of this year's Bears running backs

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Lol.....u are fucking silly or you must be talking about the combined yardage of this year's Bears running backs

With the dual purpose backs the jets have and being that forte has one style of running which is straight to the side line.....yes,I believe he will only get about 600 rushing yards.Forte is old and now apparently has hamstring problems.Forte hasn't been a good rusher for a few years now and you guys know it even if it hard to accept.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With the dual purpose backs the jets have and being that forte has one style of running which is straight to the side line.....yes,I believe he will only get about 600 rushing yards.Forte is old and now apparently has hamstring problems.Forte hasn't been a good rusher for a few years now and you guys know it even if it hard to accept.

Your awareness of football is low level if you think that. Forte has had a lot of success between the tackles one-cutting away from pursuit. Granted he's not the guy you want if you need someone to ram it through bodies for yards if everything is congested, but that's not how every play between the tackles transpires. He's excellent at reading blocks, cutting into LBers back shoulders and taking running plays into the secondary that most backs would get 3-4 yards on, including guys who are stronger and faster than he is.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Your awareness of football is low level if you think that. Forte has had a lot of success between the tackles one-cutting away from pursuit. Granted he's not the guy you want if the blocking breaks down and you need someone to ram it through bodies for yards, but that's not how every play between the tackles transpires. He's excellent at reading blocks, cutting into LBers back shoulders and taking running plays into the secondary that most backs would get 3-4 yards on, including guys who are stronger and faster than he is.
Yea,about 6 years ago.....i agree

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yea,about 6 years ago.....i agree

Six years ago he had played two years.

Yeah he's the most productive offensive player in football over the last eight years because he was good for two years. lol come on.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Six years ago he had played two years.

Yeah he's the most productive offensive player in football over the last eight years because he was good for two years. lol come on.

Forte gained like 800 yards rushing last year,and with what it looks like now he's been having hamstring problems and has yet to see the field.Like I said in my above post,he is a hell of a Cacher out of the backfield but his rushing skills have diminished BIG time over the last few years and I'd be surprised if he had over 600.

It's actually not that far fetched

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I'm confident enough that I will bet you that Langford will have more rushing yards than forte this year...

Loser donates an agreed upon donation to CCS..

You down?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

30 is not old for a guy who keeps himself in shape like Forte does. As to your opinion that he only runs to the side line, that is a farce. Yeah, he has a hamstring injury. That has nothing to do with his age. I seem to recall some Bears currently on the team who have had them this season who were younger than 30. Are these guys washed up also?

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
30 is not old for a guy who keeps himself in shape like Forte does. As to your opinion that he only runs to the side line, that is a farce. Yeah, he has a hamstring injury. That has nothing to do with his age. I seem to recall some Bears currently on the team who have had them this season who were younger than 30. Are these guys washed up also?
Forte has NEVER been an in between the tackles runner and you know it,and when he tries he is down in seconds.Forte is not the runner he once was and its my opinion that langford will have more rushing yards than him this season.But if you want to continue to jack your dick in front of your Forte fathead...carry on

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Forte has NEVER been an in between the tackles runner and you know it,and when he tries he is down in seconds.Forte is not the runner he once was and its my opinion that langford will have more rushing yards than him this season.But if you want to continue to jack your dick in front of your Forte fathead...carry on

You're insane if you think Langford out rushes Forte. You're even more insane if you think he has more total yards.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
You're insane if you think Langford out rushes Forte. You're even more insane if you think he has more total yards.
I never said total yards dipstick,i said rushing...now if someone wants to take me up on my bet i proposed to help the community as a whole I'm game....step up to the plate smart guy

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I never said total yards dipstick,i said rushing...now if someone wants to take me up on my bet i proposed to help the community as a whole I'm game....step up to the plate smart guy

I'd take the bet if we weren't donating to ccs. Wtf? What do I gain from that?