Forman: Plan to have Kirk Back

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Gar Forman was just on ESPN 1000 and said that the plan was on having Kirk Hinrich playing here in November.

Was non-committal when asked about Ben Gordon, just saying that he hopes Ben wants to remain in Chicago.

We better not be giving Ben a contract that's less than Detroit's, and hoping that Ben takes the hometown discount. If Detroit offers Gordon something, we match it. We shouldn ot be offering Gordon less money than another team, there's no reason for it.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
So that means that the chances to keep Gordon AND Hinrich are not too bad, right? :)

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Its time to cash in the Kirk Hinrich chip, its time to stop talking about trade assests, its time to stop standing pat, Hinrich can bring back some value, go to Portland get Blake & Outlaw, its time to mix things up

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
jsain360 wrote:
Its time to cash in the Kirk Hinrich chip, its time to stop talking about trade assests, its time to stop standing pat, Hinrich can bring back some value, go to Portland get Blake & Outlaw, its time to mix things up

The Rose/Gordon/Hinrich guard rotation was top notch down the stretch of the season and in the playoffs. I'd rank the Bulls guard rotation as one of the best in the league, it probably is the best overall...especially as Rose improves going forward.

The front court is where our problems are.

AirP

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
jsain360 wrote:

The Rose/Gordon/Hinrich guard rotation was top notch down the stretch of the season and in the playoffs. I'd rank the Bulls guard rotation as one of the best in the league, it probably is the best overall...especially as Rose improves going forward.

The front court is where our problems are.

You may be seeing the ol' Rose/Hinrich/Salmons 3 guard lineup. Even though Hinrich is overpaid for what he brings... he does bring defense at the 2, a solid 3pt shot and the ability to handle the point. Hinrich can't create his own shot... that's why we have Rose at PG for. I don't like the price we're paying Hinrich but I definitely don't want to see up give Gordon 10+ million.

Keeping Hinrich and letting Gordon go or S&T him in a package to get that front court player we need.... and we all know that with Deng at SF and Noah at C... it puts all the pressure on the PF position to be that guy... and Tyrus was never drafted to be a scorer and doesn't have the skill set to be a solid every night scorer. It's all about getting that PF we need to fit in with this team.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
could we S&T gordon to the raptors with tyrus and others for bosh?

Fred

Liked Posts:
AirP wrote:
Keeping Hinrich and letting Gordon go or S&T him in a package to get that front court player we need.

Why would Detroit have any interest in a sign and trade with us, when they could just sign him for 11, knowing that the Bulls would never match that amount. Reinsdorf won't go into luxury tax territory. He's gone.

And from Gordon's perspective, why would he want to help out the Bulls through a sign and trade? This team offered an inferior player (Deng) more money not once, BUT TWICE. They also pulled a contract he wanted to sign off the table. Reinsdorf further insulted him by telling him to act like a professional before the season, when there absolutely no reason to do that.

He's gone, without compensation. We'll be an awesome defense team next year that will have a hard time scoring over 90 consistently unless we add some more scoring. Many Bulls fans are in for a rude lesson on the importance of extending the defense.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
AirP wrote:
Keeping Hinrich and letting Gordon go or S&T him in a package to get that front court player we need.

Why would Detroit have any interest in a sign and trade with us, when they could just sign him for 11, knowing that the Bulls would never match that amount. Reinsdorf won't go into luxury tax territory. He's gone.

And from Gordon's perspective, why would he want to help out the Bulls through a sign and trade? This team offered an inferior player (Deng) more money not once, BUT TWICE. They also pulled a contract he wanted to sign off the table. Reinsdorf further insulted him by telling him to act like a professional before the season, when there absolutely no reason to do that.

He's gone, without compensation. We'll be an awesome defense team next year that will have a hard time scoring over 90 consistently unless we add some more scoring. Many Bulls fans are in for a rude lesson on the importance of extending the defense.

While I don't necessarily agree with this account of the facts of the case (it's Gordon's side--management has a few valid complaints about Gordon's demands and unwillingness to sign pretty fair deals, etc), I agree with your bottom line about Ben walking. I wonder if Gar's comments on Kirk reflect the Bulls realization that they WON'T be able to retain Ben, that Detroit has more cap space than we have room under the tax and, as you suggest, Ben won't be in any mood to do the Bulls favors.

My dream scenario would be including Gordon in a sign and trade for Bosh, as also suggested in this thread, but that's mostly fantasy land thinking, I fear.

Gar also made some comments about free agency. I wonder if they might look to sign a one-year guard who can provide some boost if Gordon leaves?

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
what free agents are there that look attractive to us?

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:

If your talking emergency Gordon fill guys, on one year MLE, the pickings probably won't be too sexy. Guys like Luther Head, Keith Bogans, Juan Dixon, Anthony Parker, Bobby Jackson, Desmond Mason, Matt Barnes and Fred Jones are unrestricted free agents. I could live with a few of them, but none are going to lead us to the promised land single-handedly. There are some other guys who are restricted. FAs.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
exactly, don't they just see that we should resign gordon???

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
But there's a difference between wanting to sign Gordon and signing Gordon. What if Detroit offers him $12/13 million a year, which they can if they want to? What do you do then?

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
see idk why detroit would want him. that means they're giving up on boozer, and they already have a highly paid SG in rip who's gonna be hard to move.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:

Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Marion, Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza, and Ron Artest.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Kirk baby long live the Captin.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
This is some terrible news. I'm ok with Hinrich as a player, but now that its coming down to Gordon vs Kirk, the fact that Garpaxdorf is choosing Hinrich is bad any way you look it. Gordon has done so much more for the franchise, and is more important to the team.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
No point in debating this stuff anymore. Its been pretty apparent for 2 years now that Reinsdork would not resign BG. I think the last straw was when Reinsdork had the gall to tell BG to be a professional after not signing an extension. Well if he had ever been around BG or spent anytime with the team to notice any player not named Hinrich, he woulda realized how much of an ass he looked like for even bringing that up to Ben.

So, he gone & Wesley Snipes will be his replacement. Let's all hope & pray that Snipes continues to improve his game & wasn't just a one-year fluke.

vhans5219

Liked Posts:
so wait a sec if we keep Kirk and re-sign Ben to a big contract do the Bulls have to pay the luxury tax ?

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
it depends on the contract and the luxury tax threshold, but probably. if it drops 2 mil to 69 mil, then we can only afford 6 mil under the luxury tax, which obviously ben would take more.

then only possible way that's possible is if the luxury tax rises over like 73 mil, which is incredibly unlikely

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
it depends on the contract and the luxury tax threshold, but probably. if it drops 2 mil to 69 mil, then we can only afford 6 mil under the luxury tax, which obviously ben would take more.

then only possible way that's possible is if the luxury tax rises over like 73 mil, which is incredibly unlikely

We could trade Tyrus Thomas for a future pick, or something of that nature (maybe the Thunder would be interested), and move in full force behinds James Johnson.