Forman: Plan to have Kirk Back

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
bullsman24 wrote:
it depends on the contract and the luxury tax threshold, but probably. if it drops 2 mil to 69 mil, then we can only afford 6 mil under the luxury tax, which obviously ben would take more.

then only possible way that's possible is if the luxury tax rises over like 73 mil, which is incredibly unlikely

We could trade Tyrus Thomas for a future pick, or something of that nature (maybe the Thunder would be interested), and move in full force behinds James Johnson.
First of all that would not be smart it amazes me how down some people are on Tyrus this was a guy who at the trade dedline was the main piece in a deal that ould ahev gotten us Amare now give him away for a pick ?What horrible deed has he done since that time ? Tyrus should not be moved at all unless it is part of a package to get a flat out STAR.As much as i love James Johnson im not willing to have him and Taj as our only pfs, Gar has mentioned more than once that they project James as a 3 who can play the 4 at times im not sure that time would be as a starter at the 4 in his rookie yr.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
vhans5219 wrote:
so wait a sec if we keep Kirk and re-sign Ben to a big contract do the Bulls have to pay the luxury tax ?

i really do hope that we dont do this.

resigning gordon, keeping kirk, keeping salmons, and keeping deng puts us in a precarious situation with minutes.

There simply wouldnt be enough minutes for all these players. If we move deng, i could see us keeping kirk. If we move salmons, we could keep kirk. If let gordon walk, we could keep kirk. All of those players together seems like a bad idea.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
I guess the logic behind this is that hinrich, salmons, and miller are all more than mere role players. They're players that deserve 20 minutes a night. playing spot up minutes would be lame.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i think we should try to trade salmons, how valuable is he right now. 18 ppg and barely over the MLE. we could package him in the deal to try to get a superstar frontcourt player.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
i think we should try to trade salmons, how valuable is he right now. 18 ppg and barely over the MLE. we could package him in the deal to try to get a superstar frontcourt player.

And you will still have a midget backcourt. It would be easier for the Bulls to see if they can keep Gordon, not go anywhere over 10mil, if they keep him, trade Hinrich, otherwise go with the Rose/Salmons/Hinrich group. Defense people, defense!

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

And you will still have a midget backcourt. It would be easier for the Bulls to see if they can keep Gordon, not go anywhere over 10mil, if they keep him, trade Hinrich, otherwise go with the Rose/Salmons/Hinrich group. Defense people, defense!

Oh my god a small backcourt, that's the downfall of every potential championship caliber team. I'm so sick of hearing about a midget backcourt, it's about talent, not height. And I'm sorry to break it to you but BG is one of the top 3 talents on the team.

Yes defense is a key to winning, but when the team has no defensive scheme, other than switching on screens, just getting taller in the backcourt isn't gonna do squat. The Bulls need a defensive philosophy, something they had for years under Skiles, & a good assistant to implement it, not a silver-haired has-been who falls asleep on the bench during games. Good riddance Harris.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

We're still years away from a championship, what you do now is about building up your assets; the buying low, selling high sort of thing. If trading Salmons for good value leaves you with an imperfect back court for a year or two then you live with that.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

Just curious, who would you rather have as a shooting guard, Adrian Griffin or Ben Gordon?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Just curious, who would you rather have as a shooting guard, Adrian Griffin or Ben Gordon?

I'd rather have Michael Jordan.

Oh my god a small backcourt, that's the downfall of every potential championship caliber team. I'm so sick of hearing about a midget backcourt, it's about talent, not height. And I'm sorry to break it to you but BG is one of the top 3 talents on the team.

Yes defense is a key to winning, but when the team has no defensive scheme, other than switching on screens, just getting taller in the backcourt isn't gonna do squat. The Bulls need a defensive philosophy, something they had for years under Skiles, & a good assistant to implement it, not a silver-haired has-been who falls asleep on the bench during games. Good riddance Harris.

Well let me help you out...the Bulls NEED MORE TALENT...especially defensively. Height makes a difference and since Gordon is not Dumars or Andrew Toney or other players of that caliber, his deficiencies are accentuated. If this team had a player alongside Ben who could play top notch defense consistently, I might think different, unfortunately, that is not the case. You can have good team defense, but in the playoffs, the defensive liabilities are exposed and exploited. We have seen that the last two postseasons for the Bulls. There are exceptions to the rules, BG is not one of them. Again, Dumars was, Toney was for a small amount of time, but not BG. I just don't see it.

We're still years away from a championship, what you do now is about building up your assets; the buying low, selling high sort of thing. If trading Salmons for good value leaves you with an imperfect back court for a year or two then you live with that.
Makes sense.
But when do you make the backcourt better defensively and add size to your backcourt? You have that available to you right now in Salmons, who is a decent starting SG.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
But when do you make the backcourt better defensively and add size to your backcourt? You have that available to you right now in Salmons, who is a decent starting SG.

The problem with Salmons is his age. Rose is a few years away from being a genuine superstar (assuming he gets there of course).

I'm not saying throw Salmons away, but if you can trade him for value I don't see why we wouldn't.