Former Jets scout calls Caleb Williams the most mentally weak prospect he's ever seen - says he's closer to Johnny Manziel than Patrick Mahomes

mecha

Liked Posts:
I admit I don't know much about Williams, but from what I've read here that Manziel comparison totally lines up.

Bears have a history for avoiding "character issues" so that may be one way around hitching to this impending debacle.

msadows

Liked Posts:
TBH he's only 22 and I don't really think he's been through tough adversity like that, which is kinda typical in this generation. It's a sign, but im not going to crap on a kid that's 22 and "fragile".

Thats what happens when you're a loser in college

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Reading the quotes in the article - it doesn't sound like this Jets scout has had any real facetime with CW and is just reading between the lines. He doesn't actually know CW and he cites

I get team fan bases wanting to win and the mainstream media feeding off that hope, but underneath that we have to care about Caleb Williams as a person more than anything. I personally feel for the young man.

He’s in an impossible situation.

Is this not what every #1 overall pick has to face?

This is nothing more than some fluff piece by a scout to tarnish Williams. It happens every year with draft picks. Like when the story broke about Fields and his epilepsy that ends up never being an issue. This is why teams go through the scouting process, interview players, coaches, teammates and host them on visits. The scout may be right, but without first hand experience with CW it's much of nothing.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I admit I don't know much about Williams, but from what I've read here that Manziel comparison totally lines up.

Bears have a history for avoiding "character issues" so that may be one way around hitching to this impending debacle.
Stopped at citing CCS as reason for concern or citing CCS for pretty much anything.