Former Jets scout calls Caleb Williams the most mentally weak prospect he's ever seen - says he's closer to Johnny Manziel than Patrick Mahomes

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dude has Caleb Williams projected as a 4th round QB.
:jonesy:
Here's his rankings for the draft.
Rattler
Penix
Milton III
Nix
Maye
Daniels
Williams.
Yeah this is quite the take. The “former” scout is going for some edge lord cringe angle

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah this is quite the take. The “former” scout is going for some edge lord cringe angle
When one of the later picks looks better than one of the 1st rounder, he'll pound that harder than MJY while ignoring all the fails.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Thank you for "former" scout.
Like if an pilot loses his wings and is fired for incompetence and has a blog where he talks about airplanes is he somehow still a pilot?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Reading the quotes in the article - it doesn't sound like this Jets scout has had any real facetime with CW and is just reading between the lines. He doesn't actually know CW and he cites

Is this not what every #1 overall pick has to face?

This is nothing more than some fluff piece by a scout to tarnish Williams. It happens every year with draft picks. Like when the story broke about Fields and his epilepsy that ends up never being an issue. This is why teams go through the scouting process, interview players, coaches, teammates and host them on visits. The scout may be right, but without first hand experience with CW it's much of nothing.
Even with first hand experience, you never know. The people whose opinions matter don't say anything about their thoughts on a player publicly. Perhaps they might anonymously.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thank you for "former" scout.
Like if an pilot loses his wings and is fired for incompetence and has a blog where he talks about airplanes is he somehow still a pilot?
Don't be psilocybin.

Not you, the pilot.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
The same Jets scout who wants to be a future GM but wrote a Q&A article about why Erin Rodgers won’t be a jet, a couple weeks before the trade?

The same scout that called Zach Wilson ‘generational’ and that the jets are failing him?

The same guy who’s out of a job in the scouting world now?

Yeah, that’s a guy who you should take his word as gospel.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The same Jets scout who wants to be a future GM but wrote a Q&A article about why Erin Rodgers won’t be a jet, a couple weeks before the trade?

The same scout that called Zach Wilson ‘generational’ and that the jets are failing him?

The same guy who’s out of a job in the scouting world now?

Yeah, that’s a guy who you should take his word as gospel.

Its not that challenging to be an NFL scout, you just need to know people. You can be football stupid, tbh.

Look at greg gabriel, dude was head of player personnel and guy is brane dead.

I've actually seen more idiot takes from "former" nfl scouts than anywhere else.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its not that challenging to be an NFL scout, you just need to know people. You can be football stupid, tbh.

I've actually seen more idiot takes from "former" nfl scouts than anywhere else.
It's not like any of them decide anything and are simply a another reference point for the GM. More about finding diamonds in the rough and later rounds. Poles and Cunningham will personally review every player in the top 100 and most in the top 200 plus later round scout recommendations.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Greg retweeted this guy’s CW rant too.