Former Packers DC Mike Pettine joining Bears Staff

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey maybe he can explain to Nagy why his offense is garbage

his players did 2 years ago

“We wanted to make Mitch play quarterback," Williams said. "We knew they had a lot of weapons, we knew they were dangerous, we knew all of those things. But we knew if we could make Mitch play quarterback, that we’d have a chance.”

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll be honest, I'm shocked that he would come here , but maybe all the DC positions filled up and he has revenge on his mind.

IIRC, he's pretty tight with Matt Nagy and if he can help the defense get back to that 2018 level...he may even start getting some HC looks again.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Hope he knows all of Aaron Rodgers dirty little secrets...

PS. Someone on this board said he wouldn't join the Bears after I said it would be a good add.

Think he wants revenge against his old team? Lol, sure seems like it!
I doubt he'll get revenge.
More like get crushed and probably retire.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Good hire, IMO. He significantly improved the Packers D. Had a bad shank so he became available. Surprising Pace got him.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He fell on the sword. Not much you can do when Kevin King was as bad as he was. He's a solid DC.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Not following your logic

The Packers haven’t been a great defense so my initial thought was that if they don’t want him than maybe he’s not a good coach and should do something else lol but I was just joking about that part. But I didn’t know much about him, and it seems like many think the Packers made a mistake so I’m with it. Hope he kills it.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
his players did 2 years ago

True, but he could explain to the visored one that when your QB sucks, you don't have him throw 50 times while only running it 10x in a one score game. That's just the tip of the iceberg, really. Nagy has a webster's level list of dumb ass clock management, play calls, strategies, and late game decisions. Not to mention personnel decisions.

Hopefully Pettine agreed to take the job on the condition that Nagy ditches the visor forever in a fun new activity called, "Rip off and destroy the visor straight off the HC's head." First person to successfully rip the visor off, run it back to the endzone, and set it ablaze, gets to sit out every practice, pre-season game and even games if they wanted to. And they get a trophy. The rest of the team would of course receive a "You were you, and lost. Good job, loser" trophy. Good, clean, wholesome bonding at Halas Hall.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This reminds me of the Josh Sitton situation where the Packers oddly cut him and Pace immediately scooped him up.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
His defenses have always been very tough to attack via the air.....he has great pieces here on every level of the D..... let’s hope he can get Quinn and Mack to do what Zadarius Smith etc did in Gb and get the secondary to get more turnovers..... I love this hire

it also never hurts to get another input source into how to attack the packers O and who better to give that input than the guy who knows their system players coaches etc really well

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Fun fact; His dad was a HS football coaching legend in PA. My high school Central Bucks West!