Forte claims Cutler quit in the NFCCG

msadows

Liked Posts:
By doing that he helped make the defense all time bad. You don't totally neglect one side of the ball like that.

I mean, he didn't neglect the defense.

He didn't even go all in on offense. 6/8 of our 1st/2nd/3rd round picks in his tenure were defense. The only ones that weren't was Kyle Long and Alshon.....He just got them right.

11/20 of his picks were defense, 8 were offense. A lot of it just happens to be that the only defensive player he found in the draft was fuller.

He's like the reverse pace.

Granted he signed Bmarsh, but I have a feeling that was more cutler than him.

I give zero credit to emery. Guy was a fucking clownshoe.

Bust

Liked Posts:
By doing that he helped make the defense all time bad. You don't totally neglect one side of the ball like that.

To win with below average defenses your stacked offense needs to win time of possession, score and score some more and get the opposition one dimensional. Jay couldn't make it happen.

Cutler in his career never had a 30 TD year. He only had 3 seasons where he threw at least 25 tds.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I mean, he didn't neglect the defense.

He didn't even go all in on offense. 6/8 of our 1st/2nd/3rd round picks in his tenure were defense. The only ones that weren't was Kyle Long and Alshon.....He just got them right.

11/20 of his picks were defense, 8 were offense. A lot of it just happens to be that the only defensive player he found in the draft was fuller.

He's like the reverse pace.

Granted he signed Bmarsh, but I have a feeling that was more cutler than him.

I give zero credit to emery. Guy was a fucking clownshoe.
That and having a total shit heap like Tucker running the defense was terrible.

Bust

Liked Posts:
That and having a total shit heap like Tucker running the defense was terrible.

should have stuck with Josh McCown that year. Bears were forced to stay with jay due to his pay grade

mecha

Liked Posts:
Emery's big offensive gets were through trades (Marshall) and FA (Bennett). Jeffery and Long were draft picks. rest were already in place.

I think Cutler had expectations when he came to the team and when they weren't met he just checked out. he was just kind of a jagoff.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No. People get confused though. Cutler actually only sprained his MCL but tore his vagina.
Did you clean off the fritos crumbs from the keyboard before typing, Spartan. Your mom is tired of you leaving a mess

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m not a Cutler fan by any stretch but who tf cares at this point? Retired Bears players that aren’t from the 85 team have been annoying as shit the last few years. None of you won anything, humble yourself.
Earl Bennett talks a whole bunch of smack for not doing much.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
They are but they haven’t been in the media as much lately and they’ve actually won something.
it's like old rock bands who have been around each other too long and end up in huge middle age man fights about stupid soap opera shit from 25 years ago

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You've gotten extremely lame since getting your soppy pussy club card.
Oh Spartan, that soppy insult still sucks champ

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Oh 2010, that was a fun year. Let's get the QB with the strongest arm in the league, and then spend all our resources on a dual tight end threat and let him throw deep to johnny knox, stone hands washington, and devin arombadu.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Oh 2010, that was a fun year. Let's get the QB with the strongest arm in the league, and then spend all our resources on a dual tight end threat and let him throw deep to johnny knox, stone hands washington, and devin arombadu.
Lmao bears are so fucking stupid

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

Washington?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrong on Internet2.jpg

How many times must Bears nation be corrected on this? It was a grade 2 - TEAR with instability and slow bleeding into the knee. This was well documented by several doctors the next day. He tried a series after but couldn't plant or move laterally at all which limited mobility severely. He tried on the sideline bike and by halftime it swelled up due to said blood filling the knee & couldn't play.

About a dozen ex-players/talking heads gave him shit for it immediately and were all proven wrong, but the narrative was already too rich for anybody to care. He's a self-centered dude, and was NOT the leader the team needed so that was that.

He was a punk, but medically not able to play that game. Not that he was playing well in that 1st half anyway, but Bears had shit for a backup - same as when he tore his thumb after that INT and the 7-2, 35pts per game Martz team went to shit.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't know, man. I had a grade 2 sprain of my LCL, and I'd move laterally and practically collapse after it first happened.