legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Packers don't use a 2 back offense! 1)THey are not big into the free agent market 2)They would have to pay Forte a nice chuck of change still. Packers are way smarter than that

Lacy doesn't even run 2/3 of the snaps..

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting article of running back aging patterns......

http://www.footballperspective.com/a-closer-look-at-running-back-aging-patterns/

It says, based on averages, Forte is going to hit a wall. The Bears management will have to decide if they are worth the 8+ million.
Look at the chart and it seems as though Forte has followed it exactly in regards to ypc or RYO2.0. He started off slow with bad ypc for the first 2 years then he absolutely was at his best right at the age of 26. That was the 2011 season when he had the 4.9 ypc then got injured. Certainly, a pretty big drop off in ypc this past season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
touches? Touches? I don't give a damn about touches. Can you put fear in opposing defenses? Can you avoid those shoe string tackles? Can you cost less than $9 million dollars when you're about to turn 30?

There are reasons why a team gives a player the ball so many times. They do it because the guy is a great player and can get them yards and first downs and touchdowns. The grass is always greener on the other side.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh, he can catch... and not just dump offs.

I think the thing people refuse to understand is the rb is there to primarily give you a running game so a lot of teams don't ask them to catch as often and nobody asks backs to catch as often as Trestman does.

Many other backs have proven to be more evasive. You're rebuilding a team here so there's no reason to spend 9 mil for a damn RB. There are backs who make your team better and more successful, Forte is not one of them. Yeah, he's worked hard and had a lot of touches but not a big play maker and not the kind of back you can turn to and ask him to takeover a game.

Forte has been and is a better running back than Lynch. YOu name the damn back who can make this team more successful. Forget money. Who is the back that is better than Forte. You have run your mouth on and on and cannot name a better running back to put on this team. Who is this MAGIC BACK that you see in the future?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Marshawn's drop rate was less than Forte's this past season as were a lot of other backs. The Packers wish they could forget Marshawn's most awesome 26 yard catch down the sideline that set the Hawks up for their huge comeback.

You have Lynch. I'll take Forte. Better all around back and much better person.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
So you want to turn the Bears into the 76ers. Plus if the Bears are rebuilding why are Tillman or Briggs relevant at all? They won't be on the roster when this team contends. Seeing what they have is a pointless exercise. At least you could make the argument that Forte could be a backup in a few years at the very least when the Bears are back contending.

The FO will decide whether we are in a full rebuild - which is the right option - or a partial rebuild. Either way, we won't win more than 8 games next year so what's the difference?

All these debates about cutting/trading Cutler, Forte, Marshall, and bringing back Briggs and Tillman (lol) are just silly when evaluating the players on their skills, age, trajectory. You have to start with a holistic viewpoint of the team and it's direction, then the proper decisions will fall into place.

Since we will suck next year, let 'em all go. Not a 76er approach, just coming clean and honest. #nofanboy

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some of you that want Forte cut are so stupid.

Do you literally think that every player on the team has to be under 30? Like literally every single one? Even the youngest damn team in the NFL has some veteran leaders. Forte is only going to be 29 this year. Even if he slows down, you can take some of the load away with Carey or the new guy. You don't just have to abruptly get rid of every fucking player a year or two before they decline.

What is funny is that all of these Forte haters have not enlightened us with their desired replacement(s) for the second best running back in Chicago Bear history. To listen to these bozos, this true warrior is some weak assed pussy who falls down like a china doll. This guy is a damn warrior. He played last season through terrible line blocking and horrific play calling and never complained. He is a Chicago Bear GREAT not someone to be mocked like these board clowns have made him up to be.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte has been and is a better running back than Lynch. YOu name the damn back who can make this team more successful. Forget money. Who is the back that is better than Forte. You have run your mouth on and on and cannot name a better running back to put on this team. Who is this MAGIC BACK that you see in the future?
As I said, draft one. You afraid he can't average 3.9 ypc? hahaha

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's your flawed opinion. Lynch has known more team success and has also proven to be the toughest back to bring down.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is funny is that all of these Forte haters have not enlightened us with their desired replacement(s) for the second best running back in Chicago Bear history. To listen to these bozos, this true warrior is some weak assed pussy who falls down like a china doll. This guy is a damn warrior. He played last season through terrible line blocking and horrific play calling and never complained. He is a Chicago Bear GREAT not someone to be mocked like these board clowns have made him up to be.

So Forte is better than who...Walter Payton or Gayle Sayers?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

Ok, let's agree he was a great RB for us over the past many years. Great. Warrior, ok. That's all in the past.

All that matters now is how much he has left in the tank vs. his odometer vs. his salary. Evaluate. Giving zero fucks about finding a better replacement, with or without Forte 2015 is not a playoff year for us. Is he part of the 2016+ rebuild or not?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
touches? Touches? I don't give a damn about touches. Can you put fear in opposing defenses? Can you avoid those shoe string tackles? Can you cost less than $9 million dollars when you're about to turn 30?

You goddamn right. Touches alone doesn't win you super owls.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
Has to be a way to extend for 2 more years, making his contract a 3 year contract. Lower his cap number next year, but puts some guarantee money into the contract. Then Forte can either be a #1 or #2 option, doesn't mean the Bears shouldn't still draft a RB to compete to take Forte's spot. Best case scenario that is realistic is that Forte signs extension lowering cap number allowing the Bears to commit money elsewhere, and Bears draft a RB. Forte is #1 option in 2015 with draft pick and Carrey getting some carries. In 2016, Forte will still have a reasonable cap number, and will losing carries to the other RB's on the team not because Forte is horrible, but because they are making plays. 2017, Forte is still healthy, just has slowed down. Can still catch out of the backfield and pass-block well. In 2017 Forte only gets on the field for about 25% of the offensive snaps.

Of course, if for some reason a team offered the Bears a trade, say a 2016 2nd round pick, I hope the Bears would agree.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I really hope you are a troll with no knowledge of football or Bears history. Or maybe I missed your sarcasm. Apologize if I did.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
Anybody hoping we pick up another RB THIS draft or do we wait till next year? Javorius Allen USC -would love to see Chicago pick up a downhill between tackles runner. You know, so we can finally convert on 3rd and short 4 th and inches. Wish we didn't have so many holes on D.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:

Forte can catch the ball and he is smooth in space, but I wouldn't say he is a more complete back than Lynch . Yea he catches the ball better , well that is about it. Lynch has a whole different level in big games and anyone who has watched him can tell u that he can take a game over and be a huge spark. Forte does not have that in his game. Lynch can get you the tough yards Helmet to helmet , Forte has to go outside to get 1 yard and I love Forte, but he can't break too many tackles and he gets tripped up by arm tackles and shoestring, I would like to see someone bring down lynch like that.