Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I apologize again. This was out of my control. Basically what happened was we had the host build a test forum to show us they could do it. No issues.

It got merged over. Then we ran into broken links, the Login button not working, etc. So I had them revert it back early this morning. Well, unfortunately, they messed it up again and didn't start the revert until 230 p.m central time and were not responding.

I apologize for this. The next time we move the forum will be overnight and it will not happen again.

Trust me, I'm as upset and frustrated as I've poured my own money into this to move it.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We have also lost posts from the past week. I apologize for that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was very strange and I'm glad it was shut down. Sent a PM to that effect but don't know if it got home. I had random access to profile pages like this that had info you may not want shared. Blacked out anything not seen on a post page. I could change info but obviously didn't and don't know if it would stick if I hit save but it was somewhat concerning. CCS.png

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the forum is formatted weird, just refresh. DNS is still going through.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was very strange and I'm glad it was shut down. Sent a PM to that effect but don't know if it got home. I had random access to profile pages like this that had info you may not want shared. Blacked out anything not seen on a post page. I could change info but obviously didn't and don't know if it would stick if I hit save but it was somewhat concerning. View attachment 30915

I put a ticket into that with the host and made them understand that it's a critical error and cannot happen again.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I put a ticket into that with the host and made them understand that it's a critical error and cannot happen again.
It was so odd that I doubt anything would have stuck and access to random emails isn't that big a deal but I'm no coder. Just seemed odd that the host allowed it to be running while that broken. I know this wasn't your end and glad you pulled it down. Hidden blessing with the stinker of a game, LOL.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
@zack54attack on one of my devices the website redirects to lvsportsnews.com. I have cleared everything and it still happens for some reason. I can go straight to a forum but the home links and header logo still redirect?

My other device seems ok.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@zack54attack on one of my devices the website redirects to lvsportsnews.com. I have cleared everything and it still happens for some reason. I can go straight to a forum but the home links and header logo still redirect?

My other device seems ok.
Have to give it a little bit. Can take up to 48 hours for DNS. But should be good this week.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Have to give it a little bit. Can take up to 48 hours for DNS. But should be good this week.

Did your host recommend doing this migration over a weekend with the lack of awareness that the majority of your traffic would slam down on you Friday-Sunday for the Bears home opening?

Often I will recommend a weekend DNS propagation while users are less active, and even put out a notice to steer clear and redirect to a splash page until the raw DNS entries are sufficiently available.

But with CCS I would have done this months ago during the lulls of the offseason, probably at the height of Summer vacation before training camp starts.

Your host could have done some analysis to figure out your least vs most trafficked date ranges and planned accordingly.

It doesn't seem like they planned any of this very well, you deserve some refund recompence for the hassle.

They should be serving you well and they are not.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Did your host recommend doing this migration over a weekend with the lack of awareness that the majority of your traffic would slam down on you Friday-Sunday for the Bears home opening?

Often I will recommend a weekend DNS propagation while users are less active, and even put out a notice to steer clear and redirect to a splash page until the raw DNS entries are sufficiently available.

But with CCS I would have done this months ago during the lulls of the offseason, probably at the heigh of Summer vacation before training camp starts.

Your host could have done some analysis to figure out your least vs most trafficked date ranges and planned accordingly.

It doesn't seem like they planned any of this very well, you deserve some refund recompence for the hassle.

They should be serving you well and they are not.

I doubt the timing was the hosts decision. I feel for Zack, but this is mostly on him for the choice of timing.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I doubt the timing was the hosts decision. I feel for Zack, but this is mostly on him for the choice of timing.

Or the hosting company gave him a limited set of options to solve an impending problem they likely created thru negligence over the long term.

I was trying to be kind rather than throw stones right off the bat.

Fucking sue me.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Or the hosting company gave him a limited set of options to solve an impending problem they likely created thru negligence over the long term.

I was trying to be kind rather than throw stones right off the bat.

Fucking sue me.
I would rather beat you.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I must have struck a nerve, poor baby.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
um, so typing in chicitysports . com redirects one to da Homepage - Las Vegas Sports News

sweet jesus.. ned is busy.. i take it yall do every city.. yuge google bucks.. jyall def can afford a billboard to out the getsy..