Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Did your host recommend doing this migration over a weekend with the lack of awareness that the majority of your traffic would slam down on you Friday-Sunday for the Bears home opening?

Often I will recommend a weekend DNS propagation while users are less active, and even put out a notice to steer clear and redirect to a splash page until the raw DNS entries are sufficiently available.

But with CCS I would have done this months ago during the lulls of the offseason, probably at the height of Summer vacation before training camp starts.

Your host could have done some analysis to figure out your least vs most trafficked date ranges and planned accordingly.

It doesn't seem like they planned any of this very well, you deserve some refund recompence for the hassle.

They should be serving you well and they are not.

The first time it was done was early August. They completely messed up. We had them build a test site to prove they could do it. Test site was completed and done. So we moved forward with Friday night late. Didn't take long. But there were errors. We we were also promised to have an expert on the forum migration available at all times. Instead, they gave us two guys that couldn't even login with the admin info I provided them because they couldn't figure out how to.

If there were people who actually knew what they were doing there, it would have been ready Saturday.

It was our decision to do it this week. That's on me.

We also had no plans to do this at all until August.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The first time it was done was early August. They completely messed up. We had them build a test site to prove they could do it. Test site was completed and done. So we moved forward with Friday night late. Didn't take long. But there were errors. We we were also promised to have an expert on the forum migration available at all times. Instead, they gave us two guys that couldn't even login with the admin info I provided them because they couldn't figure out how to.

If there were people who actually knew what they were doing there, it would have been ready Saturday.

Imo it seems like these guys aren't worth what you're paying them if this is how they're going to handle something like this. Timing is one thing, but either way the events that transpired aren't really acceptable regardless of when it happened

Hope you guys are able to get some money back from them

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Things go wrong. Doubt you lose anybody over it. Next time do it on a Tuesday. More time to fix problems. Game sucked.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

My sympathies on this, I've been through these kind of migration headaches where its very clear the responsible parties did not dot their I's nor cross their Ts.

Its become an IT world of hire anyone who will work for under 60k and plan for the best case scenarios.

Beyond "Ask Forgiveness, Not Permission" has led us to "Move fast, break things, only say sorry if legally required."

The lack of professionalism is killing the industry IMO.

Just let the AI write the code @Ares, what could go wrong?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I get it, shit happens, but when it randomly showed me as logged in as, for example, you,@zack54attack , I could read your DMs. I didn’t, but I could have

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seems like a bit of a security issue

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like a bit of a security issue

I have never searched for anything closely related to any of that nor ever used yahoo but I was told these ads (that i only get here) are based on my search history. Oh here are some more:

1694483772713.png

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I get the same for preeclampsia and I have never been pregnant

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Are you STILL whining about this? My heavens.

dont mind da ccs chef. its just repressed closet fantasies about wanting to be a russian figure skater. most of them hide it under the guise of hockey fandom.. but, but , but theres a stick and puck.. amirite