Fox Sports and the fellatio of Aaron Rogers

Washington

Liked Posts:
The NFL doesn't want players landing on quarterbacks with their body weight anymore. In fact I am surprised the Bears weren't called for it on the hit that injured Rodgers.

Yeah, I understand the call but the league is pussyfied.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Borderline if I am being honest. He de-cleated Cousins and then landed on him. Seems to me that was the only reason they called it.
It was a clean hit, there's really nowhere else for him to land. It was garbage. I understand what they want to do, but there has to be some leeway. Otherwise they might as well just let the qb wear a flag.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was a clean hit, there's really nowhere else for him to land. It was garbage. I understand what they want to do, but there has to be some leeway. Otherwise they might as well just let the qb wear a flag.

That is the thing. You're calling it a clean hit based on old rules. By the current quarterback protection that is a borderline call. I agree though, its a joke. Last season that wasn't a flag.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:

The way I saw it was he was trying not to land on him, and in his effort to turn, he basically drove his shoulder into him all the way to the ground. I think had he not tried to change his motion he just sacks him and all’s good. Dirty? No, flag? Shouldn’t be, but is now apparently. Scares me that we just spend a shitton on a guy to nail QBs who might not be able to do it as effectively (within the new rules) as last year.
Either way Clays a cheap shot artist who has gotten away with a lot over the years. No tears shed here.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The way I saw it was he was trying not to land on him, and in his effort to turn, he basically drove his shoulder into him all the way to the ground. I think had he not tried to change his motion he just sacks him and all’s good. Dirty? No, flag? Shouldn’t be, but is now apparently. Scares me that we just spend a shitton on a guy to nail QBs who might not be able to do it as effectively (within the new rules) as last year.
Either way Clays a cheap shot artist who has gotten away with a lot over the years. No tears shed here.

No, just watch any video on youtube of Mack's sacks. He doesn't draw flags with how he tackles. In fact instead of trying to lay a hard hit he's trying to get the ball out. Its his primary focus to always know where the ball is to try to take it away and then secondarily to sack the QB. Mack is worth every penny and he's going to prove it.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

That's actually not a bad idea. You encourage talented young throwers to play, while still encouraging speed rushers to play the game as well.

as long as it doesn't turn into everyone else wearing a flag, i'd be okay with it..

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
No, just watch any video on youtube of Mack's sacks. He doesn't draw flags with how he tackles. In fact instead of trying to lay a hard hit he's trying to get the ball out. Its his primary focus to always know where the ball is to try to take it away and then secondarily to sack the QB. Mack is worth every penny and he's going to prove it.

Ok watched a highlight reel on YouTube, thanks for that. Of roughly 15 sacks they showed, 2 maybe3 MAY have gotten called by today’s rules. I’ll take that. Also they had a similar one two that he did to the Pack last week vs. Cam. Strip sack, then pick six. Man I can’t wait till he’s in game shape, and Smith, and Floyd man this is gonna be fun.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
That fourth quarter was a vintage performance from one of the best to ever play the game. As much as it sucked it's ridiculous to take anything away from Rodgers' greatness. That's a perpetual 6-10 team without that guy.

lol its called fixed/staged.. there was no greatest anything, other than a swindle

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
That was a garbage call though.

In my view, it was an arguable call. He came down onto Cousins with his weight after Cousins feet had left the ground. It is the new Rogers rule because last year Barr drove Rogers into the turf. The reputation that Mathews has built for himself, as a dirty, cheap shot artist, probably affected the call.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
In my view, it was an arguable call. He came down onto Cousins with his weight after Cousins feet had left the ground. It is the new Rogers rule because last year Barr drove Rogers into the turf. The reputation that Mathews has built for himself, as a dirty, cheap shot artist, probably affected the call.

That's not what they called though. They said he picked him up and drove him into the ground. It was a terrible call. Not that I care, fuck the Packers, but it was still a bad call.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's not what they called though. They said he picked him up and drove him into the ground. It was a terrible call. Not that I care, fuck the Packers, but it was still a bad call.

You want to take a look again?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You want to take a look again?

I could see it a million times and it won't change my opinion. It was a bad call. Just like when Urlacher "flexed" on a sack. It was a textbook tackle.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
There are no great comebacks without great collapses.

Look at the "We let them off the hook" arizona game in 06.

There were a thousand ways Arizona could have run out the clock on that and sealed it, and limited ways they could shoot themselves in the foot and allow the bears to capitalize with amazing plays and steal the game.

Besides, doing what he did on a bum leg adds to it. Imagine if Urlacher had sat out the first half of the arizona game and come back in for the win. They would have started on his Canton bust immediately following the game.

Same score and lead amount (20-0) too.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've already said I don't think hits like that should get flagged either. Is what it is. I'm not going to cry about it costing the Packers a win. Fuck em. Wish the Vikings kicker could have hit the broad side of a barn so it would have handed em an L.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Vikings had a similar call against them earlier in the game...so at least the refs are being consistent. Also, can't say that's the reason they lost. Vikings still had to score a TD and a 2 point conversion