Fred, this is an article for you to go to war on!

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Re:Fred, this is an article for you to go to war o

No one is perfect and they had decent rationale to take Millic. They didn't have minutes for a another player and they took him as a project because he had excellent athletic ability he just never put it together.

So you couldn't have Anthony replace Prince? That is not the reason first of all, call your friend Joe D and ask him again.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:
No one is perfect and they had decent rationale to take Millic. They didn't have minutes for a another player and they took him as a project because he had excellent athletic ability he just never put it together.

So you couldn't have Anthony replace Prince? That is not the reason first of all, call your friend Joe D and ask him again.
That is what they said from when they drafted him. I don't have to ask him. Keep harping on one mistake he made but you might want to remember how he got that pick from trading an over the hill otis thorpe to memphis. But regardless, you can't take his ring and 6 conference finals away from him, something your diety Paxson won't ever have.

dunkside.com

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:
If you agree that the Bulls shouldn't pay BG more than 9mil, then what are you bitchin about?

can't you read ?
it's the ATTITUDE that bothers me. they claim they want to keep gordon and then they don't do shit about it.
the same way they claim to want to win and then they don't do shit about it.

and now is when you tell me they spent on hinrich and deng.

houheffna wrote:
He actually said that Salmons and Hinrich would do, if you want to get specific. That is what was reported. I think Paxson offered what he felt was market value.

yeah. paxson overpaid hinrich and deng.
you know WHY ?!

cause hinrich is the little corn fed white boy that a lot of fans could identify with. you don't believe me ? listen to larry bird saying that the league needs more white stars so fans (who are mostly white) can more easily identify with them. is not a matter of racism, is a matter of psychology.

and paxson acted like a moron fan in signing deng. i see that fans can lose their damn minds and assume that deng will keep growing till 28-29 yeas old at the same rate as he did during his first 3 years in the league. which, by the way, would have meant him averaging around 37 ppg on .853 FG% with 12 reb, 3 ast, 1.8 stl, 1.1 blk. but paxson is paid millions not to act like a dumb fan but to actually think about stuff in a logical way. which he didn't.

houheffna wrote:
Paxson hasn't come close to sniffing a title as a gm. Dumars put together a team of misfits and had them win a title and make the conference finals six years in a row. Seriously, you can't compare their resumes as GM's. One is one of the top ones in the league and the other has yet to prove anything besides building a continual first round failure.

Dumars is overrated. Point blank. Larry Brown is the principal reason those teams won championships. But again Dumars has made some dumb decisions. Including one seriously dumb decision in the draft.

In essence, you'll advocate the pleasantries of the devil himself if it supports your keep BG argument. He is gone, get over it. Paxson would tell you the same thing.

even IF larry brown was the main reason the pistons won, it was dumars who hired him.
who did paxson hire ? vinnie del negro. while missing out on d'antoni.

and you will go claiming that d'antoni can't win a title with his all offense style. maybe he can't. but the bulls weren't in the position to contend yet. let d'antoni have them play entertaining games while you build up your team, and when you have your team ready with stars and role players, then you fire d'antoni and bring the coach you think can take you to the next level. but there's nothing wrong with entertaining the fans while rebuilding - cause make no mistake, the bulls are rebuilding. yet again.

oh, and by the way, dumars might be overrated and he might have made a few mistakes recently (i didn't like the extension given to rip more than i didn't like the trade for iverson - which was a cap clearing move) but the results speak for themselves.

PS: are you john paxson ? or maybe pete meyers ?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

and you will go claiming that d'antoni can't win a title with his all offense style. maybe he can't. but the bulls weren't in the position to contend yet. let d'antoni have them play entertaining games while you build up your team, and when you have your team ready with stars and role players, then you fire d'antoni and bring the coach you think can take you to the next level. but there's nothing wrong with entertaining the fans while rebuilding - cause make no mistake, the bulls are rebuilding. yet again.

I am not going to talk about the BG situation, want the truth, go do some damn research...

You must be homeless, because you have no idea of how to run an organization. You probably couldn't run a lemonade stand with that type of thinking.

If you know a coach doesn't coach a winning style, why bring him in? Why pay top dollar for that? The fans are entertained. Cool it with the "white boy" stuff. Hinrich is a decent player. They trade whites, blacks, whoever. I am a black man and it is true from an economical standpoint, if the league is "too black" they will scare the majority away. But I think they mean "too urban" regardless of the color of skin, they want professionals in front of the fans. So they crack down with rules that are at times too stringent. But if you just want to run and shoot, VDN uses that system...for cheaper.

No I am not Paxson, and Dumars is not the be all end all of GMs, he decimated his team last year for a dumb move that most likely lands him Ben Gordon. Good luck with that. You sound like a stripper chick that got knocked up by Pax or something. A jilted lover that gets no attention. Your unfounded criticisms of the organization are senseless.

Fans like you are the reason athletes go on television and talk about the fans dont know anything. And the reason Reinsdorf ignores a lot of fans opinions, you have no clue as to what is going on in the organization or what they are doing to try to improve, you just want to spend their money. If you want to see a team throw money around, watch the Mavs, or the Blazers or the Knicks. Reinsdorf is different, but for BOTH teams he has put his all in financially. Most teams are not going over the luxury tax for mediocre teams, this team is mediocre, and will not be good for a long time because they are rebuilding, if they strike gold in 2010 so be it. If they don't, well the rebuilding has already begun. Paxson fell in love with his players, now he is out of love, its all business, business decision #1? Bye, Bye Gordon, get over it...

He has a history of going over the cap to win. He did it in the 1990's. I have pointed out numerous times

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:

so you wouldn't sell more lemonade by having an exciting stand instead of good lemonade? i think that would be WAY more attractive to any potential buyers. so obviously his "homeless" philosophy must be pretty damn good.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

No, its pretty damn stupid actually. The lemonade stand sells out of lemonade every damn year.

They put cheerleaders, fat dudes dancing at halftime, musical acts in the hallways for various entertainment. The Bulls are entertaining when they win. Did you find the Knicks entertaining? That was hot garbage. Bringing in D'Antoni KNOWING you can't win with that and paying him a large sum of money when you are still paying Skiles is stupid. I wanted Avery Johnson here because he does believe in defense. I believe Avery can win, not just be entertaining.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:

when then you know what you can do with the lemonade? spend more money on the lemonade, aka the players.

avery johnson would have demanded a huge amount of money. he would have to make more than he did in dallas, which is like 6 mil. you'd think he's still a player for how much he gets paid to do nothing.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Well, of the two, I would rather have Avery, who at least emphasizes defense. Now they have to make a whole new commitment to defense, something they should have done from the beginning.

That still doesn't excuse the crappy reason given to get D'Antoni. That is ridiculous.

dunkside.com

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:
You must be homeless, because you have no idea of how to run an organization. You probably couldn't run a lemonade stand with that type of thinking.

i think you're missing something. i don't dispute reinsdorf's ability to make money. i just say he's a bad owner for a sports team. at least for the bulls he is a bad owner.

if not for jordan, the bulls wouldn't have the attendance they have now.
if not for jordan, reinsdorf wouldn't be able to fool so many fans into paying top dollar for a shitty product.

you're in awe of reinsdorf's ability to make a profit. well, afaik, fans come to the arena to see an entertaining and/or winning team, not to watch the owner turn a profit. reinsdorf filling in his tax forms doesn't make the sports center. reinsdorf and his pile of money are not on t-shirts and posters bought by the fans.

houheffna wrote:
But if you just want to run and shoot, VDN uses that system...for cheaper.

i can make a car (or something remotely resembling one) for far cheaper than BMW or ferrari.
yet for some reason i can't find a lot of buyers.

houheffna wrote:
Dumars is not the be all end all of GMs, he decimated his team last year for a dumb move that most likely lands him Ben Gordon.

actually he waited too long before blowing up that team.
should have done it 2-3 years ago, since it was obvious that team had gotten a sense of entitlement and they lacked the motivation and hunger to win another one.

and i'm not saying that dumars hasn't made other mistakes too:
hiring saunders was a mistake.
hiring curry was an even bigger one.
but the biggest one was not picking wade (not melo, wade) instead of darko.

in fact i agreed with you on the fact that paying gordon more than 9 mil per season is too much so stop acting like my problem with reinsdorf and paxson is somehow related to them letting gordon go.

houheffna wrote:
Your unfounded criticisms of the organization are senseless.

so you ARE pete meyers

houheffna wrote:
Reinsdorf is different, but for BOTH teams he has put his all in financially. Most teams are not going over the luxury tax for mediocre teams, this team is mediocre, and will not be good for a long time because they are rebuilding, if they strike gold in 2010 so be it. If they don't, well the rebuilding has already begun.

if you think the bulls front office does such a great job, how come they're still rebuilding ? how come you expect the rebuilding to last "a long time" ?

it's been 10 years since mj left, and with 2 #1 picks, 3 #2 picks, 1 #3 picks, 2 #4 picks and 3 #7 picks all the bulls managed was a lone 2nd round appearance.

that's outstanding. if you compare yourself to the clippers, that is.

houheffna wrote:
He has a history of going over the cap to win. He did it in the 1990's. I have pointed out numerous times

you know that when he gave mj those 30 mil (after he's been underpaid for years) he also told him that NOBODY is worth that much money ? is the equivalent of wiping your ass with the money before using it to pay somebody.

if the man that brought 4 titles to chicago and made him a billionaire while earning spare change wasn't worth 30 mil for just one year ...
and is not like he paid him 30 mil per year for the next 30 years

Fred

Liked Posts:
Just an fyi, I politely invited Carol to come on the Bullseye. She never responded. I'm sure she was busy watching Lifetime.