Free Agency news - 2020

msadows

Liked Posts:
If we keep the defense loaded and fix this running game we can win with the Kyle orton playbook. They are imo wasting time in fa and trade market to fix something that isn’t going to be fixed that way and in fact likely set us back

I do agree with you on this. IDK who it was last night, but we had a discussion about floyd vs. golden.

If you can get golden for 8-9 mill and save 4-5 mill and put it towards the offensive side(A guard), you do it 100%.

Get a middle ranking oline, get MORE pressure on the QB(Golden had 44 pressures, Mack had 45, Floyd only had I believe 26?), and you will have more turnovers. Mitch can game manage, thats one thing the scrub has proven he wont do is turn the ball over.

msadows

Liked Posts:
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/03/latest-on-bears-qb-search

TL; DR:
Jags want serious compensation for Foles--HARD FUCKING NO
Doesn't give up much information on Dalton just everything we already know

The fuck? I assumed they would pay US.

Why would anyone pay them for a guy they just paid 22m/yr for that they don't even want starting over a 6th rounder?

If the Eagles vs. Bears playoff game a year ago didn't dissuade Pace from signing foles then I might reconsider the fact that he isn't an idiot. Foles is a great backup at like 10m/yr. He's a horrible starter. Noodle arm, imobile, and flings up lame ducks the moment he senses pressure.

Davide

Liked Posts:
And.. Jameis Winston in a type contract "one year show me"?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like i said earlier.. the jags have no reason to trade foles for nothing. 15 m hit this year and they have like 75 mil

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Glasgow to the Broncos 4/44 25 guaranteed.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I do agree with you on this. IDK who it was last night, but we had a discussion about floyd vs. golden.

If you can get golden for 8-9 mill and save 4-5 mill and put it towards the offensive side(A guard), you do it 100%.

Get a middle ranking oline, get MORE pressure on the QB(Golden had 44 pressures, Mack had 45, Floyd only had I believe 26?), and you will have more turnovers. Mitch can game manage, thats one thing the scrub has proven he wont do is turn the ball over.
That’s what I’m expecting from fa but all rumors point to trash can quality qbs. The only one of the bums I’m willing to get and not be angry is Carr and he leaves allot to desire and the source of that was shady anyways

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I like Golden as well but don't forget that he was playing for a new contract and trying hard to get that 10th sack cause he got a extra million to get 10 sacks and i think he got it in the last game. He didn't do much up until last year though. So i like him and would like us to sign him but definitely a little buyer beware with him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I like Golden as well but don't forget that he was playing for a new contract and trying hard to get that 10th sack cause he got a extra million to get 10 sacks and i think he got it in the last game. He didn't do much up until last year though. So i like him and would like us to sign him but definitely a little buyer beware with him.

You mean like when he had a better year in arizona his second year in the league? He tore his acl in 2017. 2018 was a recovery year.

44 pressures is nothing to joke about. Thats as many as khalil mack had this year.

The only buyer beware on the guy is the fact he had an ACL. His effort has never been questioned. It was his calling card on draft day. He gives 100% every play.

msadows

Liked Posts:
That’s what I’m expecting from fa but all rumors point to trash can quality qbs. The only one of the bums I’m willing to get and not be angry is Carr and he leaves allot to desire and the source of that was shady anyways

It's also the first day of legal tampering and we have less than 20m in cap.

I'm sure we will have plenty of moves. FA still hasn't started.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

That was me. Loved the idea last night. Still love it today.

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
anyone worried could come out of this offseason as losers? options are flying off the shelves

msadows

Liked Posts:
That was me. Loved the idea last night. Still love it today.

Shaq lawson just made 10m/yr, so IDK if we get him cheap.

Makes me even more confident that floyd is going to get 10+m on the open market. Shaq Lawson is not better than floyd.