Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
What did Jahns say?
I usually don't like posting the Mockery articles but he posted quotes from Jahns latest athletic article and Da Bears Blog.

Adams Jahns - "
“1. FOLES IS MORE THAN ‘COMPETITION,’ HE’S ARGUABLY THE IN-HOUSE LEADER
REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE BEARS SAID PUBLICLY, TRUBISKY WAS NEVER CONSIDERED THEIR UNQUESTIONED STARTER HEADING INTO FREE AGENCY. THE TEAM WENT THROUGH THE 2019 SEASON, SAW WHAT EVERYONE SAW AND HAD THEIR OWN QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS.
IT WAS THOUGHT THAT TRUBISKY NOT ONLY NEEDED TO BE PUSHED BUT POTENTIALLY REPLACED IF NEED BE.
"
Da Bears Blog (Jeff Hughes) -
"“THE BEARS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TRADE MITCH TRUBISKY FOR WEEKS. NOBODY WANTS HIM. I DON’T SEE HIM IN A COMPETITION WITH FOLES MOVING FORWARD BECAUSE I’M NOT CONVINCED TRUBISKY WILL STICK AROUND.” "

https://sportsmockery.com/2020/03/bears-insiders-drop-bombshell-on-real-status-of-mitch-trubisky/

msadows

Liked Posts:
I usually don't like posting the Mockery articles but he posted quotes from Jahns latest athletic article and Da Bears Blog.

Adams Jahns - "
“1. FOLES IS MORE THAN ‘COMPETITION,’ HE’S ARGUABLY THE IN-HOUSE LEADER
REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE BEARS SAID PUBLICLY, TRUBISKY WAS NEVER CONSIDERED THEIR UNQUESTIONED STARTER HEADING INTO FREE AGENCY. THE TEAM WENT THROUGH THE 2019 SEASON, SAW WHAT EVERYONE SAW AND HAD THEIR OWN QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS.
IT WAS THOUGHT THAT TRUBISKY NOT ONLY NEEDED TO BE PUSHED BUT POTENTIALLY REPLACED IF NEED BE.
"
Da Bears Blog (Jeff Hughes) -
"“THE BEARS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TRADE MITCH TRUBISKY FOR WEEKS. NOBODY WANTS HIM. I DON’T SEE HIM IN A COMPETITION WITH FOLES MOVING FORWARD BECAUSE I’M NOT CONVINCED TRUBISKY WILL STICK AROUND.” "

https://sportsmockery.com/2020/03/bears-insiders-drop-bombshell-on-real-status-of-mitch-trubisky/

I am fairly certain mitch still starts week #1.

If they were actually trying to trade mitch we would have of heard of it by now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Your premise was that it was laughable to think Pace couldnt figure how to get something for Floyd so I gave you an obvious example of a GM not getting full value for a player ie the Hopkins trade. That proves that it is in fact possible for a GM not to get full value for a player.

As for Pace being a terrible negotiator, he gave Glennon 18 million guaranteed. He gave a special teamer 5 million a year. He gave a TE with less than 300 yards receiving 22 million guaranteed. He gave another TE with less than 300 yards 13 million. He just gave Graham 16 million a year.

The dude routinely overpays and not even for elite talent.

Yawn yawn ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So you have no way to back up your statement that Pace is a bad negotiator and just want someone to go back and forth with post after post after post cause this is what you do all day and night every single day but you'll always get the last word because you wear people out with your dedication to posting on CCS.

You win even though once again you didn't.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Heard conflicting reports on how much dead money there would be involved in cutting Foles in 2021, with some reports up to $12m. Have we had any confirmation on how his deal has been restructured yet?

According to OverTheCap there is only $5M in dead money on Foles contract after the 2020 season. It's the 2021 roster bonus that becomes garaunteed on 3rd league day of 2020, AKA tomorrow the 20th.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
How about: play Mitch early, simplify the game plan to make him look good, wait for the QB injuries to pile up, trade him for a decent draft pick!
it could happen....

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jeff Hughes has zero insight.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not surprising, he had his worst year last year and needs a new contract. Trufant is a terrible CB too. He was burnt toast the 2 years in Atlanta, ask @PrideisBears

This looks like Okudah is the 3rd pick unless y'all trade down.

Seems like the Pace strategy of create a hole and then fill it with lesser talent or a high draft pick you otherwise wouldn't need to use if hole was not created.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Curious to see where Attaochu goes. Bears need a 3rd (and 4th) OLB, I don;t think you get both in draft/UFA. Cap space is basically negative at this point, but I think Attaochu goes for around $2m a year. Would be a huge upgrade over Lynch.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
How about: play Mitch early, simplify the game plan to make him look good, wait for the QB injuries to pile up, trade him for a decent draft pick!
it could happen....
The game plan has already simplified. He just has not been able to read defenses. He is unable to make the simple play to keep drives alive, that is what has hurt him the most. Foles is the starter. The Bears just gave away a mid-round pick and Foles is getting paid more than Trubisky. Foles is the starter.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was hoping for a top 15 second rounder, or equivalent value, so can't say I am happy with this trade. Not sure how the whole "point system" works out, but what I laid out should have equated to that. Instead it appears they got a mid third in value........Not sure I would want Slay for 3 years at 16.5 mil a year. As for Trufant........I can't say I honestly know much about him, I see most places giving the pickup a high rating? I think(hope) your right about Okaduh. Also be curious to see what they do with the 10 mil in additional cap the Lions just picked up. Probably some more Patriots casts offs as Quin and Pace compete for worst GM in the league.......

Trufant used to be a stud. He did tear his acl in 2016 but was still good the following year. Play really fell apart these last 2 years but at least he had 4 int's last year

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The game plan has already simplified. He just has not been able to read defenses. He is unable to make the simple play to keep drives alive, that is what has hurt him the most. Foles is the starter. The Bears just gave away a mid-round pick and Foles is getting paid more than Trubisky. Foles is the starter.
It is still in the Bears best interest long term for Mitch to figure it out. He will have every chance to EARN the starting position, but it will NOT be given to him...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Greg Van Roten

Andrus Peat

Josh Kline

Kelechi Osemele, if healthy

David Sharpe

Germain Ifedi

Stefen Wisniweski

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not surprising, he had his worst year last year and needs a new contract. Trufant is a terrible CB too. He was burnt toast the 2 years in Atlanta, ask @PrideisBears

This looks like Okudah is the 3rd pick unless y'all trade down.
The lions signed Trufant and traded slay?!?! LOLLMAO

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was hoping for a top 15 second rounder, or equivalent value, so can't say I am happy with this trade. Not sure how the whole "point system" works out, but what I laid out should have equated to that. Instead it appears they got a mid third in value........Not sure I would want Slay for 3 years at 16.5 mil a year. As for Trufant........I can't say I honestly know much about him, I see most places giving the pickup a high rating? I think(hope) your right about Okaduh. Also be curious to see what they do with the 10 mil in additional cap the Lions just picked up. Probably some more Patriots casts offs as Quin and Pace compete for worst GM in the league.......

Also, Slay got $16.6million which is waaaay too much for a player of his caliber. Y'all did okay in this trade

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
1. Eric Ebron
2. Trey Burton
3. Harris
4. Day 3 Pick
5. Holtz/Horsted

That would be an improved and deeper group.

You mean JiMmY GrAhAM?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Brandin Cooks available on the trade market

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How is Robbie Anderson's market looking? We need a speedster now and he was the best weapon the jets had.