Free Agency news - 2020

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Bears can still acquire a 3rd rd pick in a trade down. They can trade down from #43 to say #59 with the Seahawks and also acquire pick #101 (3rd rd). This is just a scenario but it would give the Bears #50, #59 and #101. You can trade a few more spots and pick up multiple picks in the middle, to late rds. This is the route that Pace will most likely take. I think that Pace will trade down and end up picking 3-5 more picks in the draft.

Lol, in one of my mocks I actually did that exact trade down to grab kyle dugger

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Greg Van Roten

Andrus Peat

Josh Kline

Kelechi Osemele, if healthy

David Sharpe

Germain Ifedi

Stefen Wisniweski

At this point i'd be pretty happy to get any of these guys but would really like to get Wisniweski. Also like Peat, Kline and Ifedi.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Precisely because the WR draft is so deep that teams aren't inclined to speed a ton of money on mediocre WRs. None of the guys we are talking about at WR are anything more than role players.

Well I don't consider these guys bargains as none of them are game changers. They are like the Taylor Gabriels of the world. It is highly likely given how deep the draft is that some of them will still be available post draft because most teams are shying away from giving mediocre WRs for the very reason the draft is so deep.

So you go to the draft and if for whatever reason you don't get a top WR in the draft then you can pick up one of these guys but the cap is too tight now IMO to spend any kind of money on guys who don't ever project to being 1k yard WRs when there is a ton of talent in the draft.

I would rather go into the season needing Reagor to contribute than I would Richardson. But I get what you are saying, I would just prefer to invest in someone with real upside. If we had more cap, I would be inclined to get a vet WR and draft one but our cap position is fucked right now and I don't want Pace to keep pushing more money into the future for his successor to have to deal with.

We need a game changer now. Not 2-3 years from now.

msadows

Liked Posts:
At this point i'd be pretty happy to get any of these guys but would really like to get Wisniweski. Also like Peat, Kline and Ifedi.

$$$

We have none.

Really don't know where we get the cash still for a starting FS, WR#2, and RG.

My assumption are they are banking on drafting 2 of the 3 in the 2nd round.

This assumes they like tolliver at #2CB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Bears can still acquire a 3rd rd pick in a trade down. They can trade down from #43 to say #59 with the Seahawks and also acquire pick #101 (3rd rd). This is just a scenario but it would give the Bears #50, #59 and #101. You can trade a few more spots and pick up multiple picks in the middle, to late rds. This is the route that Pace will most likely take. I think that Pace will trade down and end up picking 3-5 more picks in the draft.

He doesn't trade down much but there won't be a better time to do it then in this draft that seems pretty deep at a few positions that we need help at. He traded down twice in the 2nd round to end up drafting C.Whitehair in his draft.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
$$$

We have none.

Strong safety ?!?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
$$$

We have none.

I'm not worried about CB2 cause i think we have that on the roster with Toliver, Roberson competing for it. RG and SS are the two positions we need starters for. I've said this too many times but i'll say it again, we aren't done signing players in free agency and there are ways to create cap space and when Pace needs it he'll create it. Prices are gonna start dropping for players and when they do Pace will jump in a grab some vets on good cheap deals and then finish what he needs to in the draft.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I don't think the Bears need CPAT at 5 million cap hit on the team. KR is basically an obsolete position in the NFL now given the rules. That 5 million should be reallocated elsewhere.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have not paid attention to his career. Would he be a good pairing with Montgomery for one year if of course he takes a one year prove it deal

He's a decent RB. Does everything well just not exceptionally well. He completely(and his agent) overvalued his talent. If Howard gets $5 million than he should get $7-8 million

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He's a decent RB. Does everything well just not exceptionally well. He completely(and his agent) overvalued his talent. If Howard gets $5 million than he should get $7-8 million
That’s way out of our price range we need someone that would take around 2-3 mil

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That’s way out of our price range we need someone that would take around 2-3 mil

Pace should just look for a speed back late in the draft at a fraction of the cost

Also, hearing Pace is trying to trade for WR Cooks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace should just look for a speed back late in the draft at a fraction of the cost

Also, hearing Pace is trying to trade for WR Cooks.

Where are you hearing this? Or is this just on your wish list?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Has anyone mentioned bears restructured Whitehairs contract? May have freed up about 3.5 million in space