Free Agency news - 2020

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would love to pair Cooks with Robinson and Miller but what would we even send their way??? Maybe one of our seconds and they give us a pick back?

Terrible fucking idea. Just say no to Cooks. He costs like 14-15 million a year and isn't actually that good. And again the draft is loaded at WR.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Would love robby anderson but I don't think thats a real option. He wants 10m. We'll see what he gets.

My guess is Demarcus Robinson.

Since we're going with the older vets lately i wouldn't mind signing E.Sanders. Still got great speed and is still legit.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
None of the FA WRs are game changers IMO. Just decent role players at best. The game changers are going to be in the draft including in the 2nd round as there will be plenty of game changes available. Of course, this relies on Pace and Nagy being able to pick the right one.

This. Robinson, Miller, Wims, Ridley, and Cohen if used properly running routes occasionally may not be elite, but it’ll do. Signing a WR at this point is a luxury we can’t afford right now, IMO. We have much more glaring areas of need. I wouldn’t mind signing Tony Jefferson, and using most of the draft on offense. WR is a loaded class this year. You can get value in the 4th or 5th. Right now we don’t have a starting RG, and drafting an OT in the second also wouldn’t upset me either.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Terrible fucking idea. Just say no to Cooks. He costs like 14-15 million a year and isn't actually that good. And again the draft is loaded at WR.
As a #2 he could be good. That also allows Miller to play out of the slot which is where I think he is best fit to be. You’re paying for a sure thing where as relying on a rookie is questionable at best.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As a #2 he could be good. That also allows Miller to play out of the slot which is where I think he is best fit to be. You’re paying for a sure thing where as relying on a rookie is questionable at best.

Dude we are strapped for salary cap and you want to pay the No 2 more than the number 1?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/brandin-cooks-14429/

Those are his cap hits the next 4 years include 2020. That is insane for a No 2. Like seriously yall are mental. If I am ARob and you trade for Cooks, I am outside Halas Hall demanding a new contract.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Dude we are strapped for salary cap and you want to pay the No 2 more than the number 1?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/brandin-cooks-14429/

Those are his cap hits the next 4 years include 2020. That is insane for a No 2. Like seriously yall are mental. If I am ARob and you trade for Cooks, I am outside Halas Hall demanding a new contract.
That’s true he would sink our cap situation. As @dabears70 brought up maybe Emmanuel Sanders would come for cheap. I just don’t want to rely on a rookie this season when the bears seem to be going all in this season.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
Lots of good SS out there as well but not sure we can afford the guys at the top of this list but sure wish we could afford one.

T.Jefferson
V.Bell
T.Wilson
M.Burnett
A.Sendejo---Mitch would love this cause hasn't he hurt Mitch on two different occasions with one being a dirty and or late hit?
Malcolm Jenkins and Reid as well. There is a glut of veteran talent which should be great for the Bears. They need someone who can let Jackson go back to being a pure free safety

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lots of good SS out there as well but not sure we can afford the guys at the top of this list but sure wish we could afford one.

T.Jefferson
V.Bell
T.Wilson
M.Burnett
A.Sendejo---Mitch would love this cause hasn't he hurt Mitch on two different occasions with one being a dirty and or late hit?

That was Harrison Smith