CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Clinton-Dix deal with Cowboys. I thought he would get a little more.

Jane Slater - "
Nice work here @VoiceOfTheStar. As he first reported, the deal I’m told “literally just happened”

1 year $4M, $2.5M fully guaranteed"

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
You can easily find day 1 starters for interior OL in the 2nd round in the draft so the fact Pace hasn't addressed OL isn't worrisome to me. The worry has to be Leno and Massie. They have to rebound or nothing Pace does will matter.

I'd rather try to lock up a SS using remaining cap space which there will be plenty of when AROB is extended and a restructure of a contract or two.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can easily find day 1 starters for interior OL in the 2nd round in the draft so the fact Pace hasn't addressed OL isn't worrisome to me. The worry has to be Leno and Massie. They have to rebound or nothing Pace does will matter.

I'd rather try to lock up a SS using remaining cap space which there will be plenty of when AROB is extended and a restructure of a contract or two.

it sucks if we go into the draft HAVING to pick someone at a certain position.

What if the OG talent in the 2nd round is a reach?

What if they aren’t ready to play?

That is too much risk to assume.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
it sucks if we go into the draft HAVING to pick someone at a certain position.

What if the OG talent in the 2nd round is a reach?

What if they aren’t ready to play?

That is too much risk to assume.

The bar is low. They only need someone better than Coward.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
giphy.gif

the door is nicky and mitchy if we don't sign a RG.
I do not want a rookie starting on the line day one unless the mofo is legit like Quenton Nelson.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Flacco to the PAts?

btw i've been out stocking up on booze, drugs, and rubbers..i'm out the loop.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The one thing that is going to help is getting the ball out early, something Trubisky is incapable of. That will help the oline play but yes they need a RG and another OT. Hoping Alex Bars takes a step but he is an unknown.

Pitt signed Wisniewski who was the top guy left for OL that i wanted the Bears to get.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Restructure a couple contracts, cut C.Patterson, A.Shaheen, Braunk and get one out of each list to fix the offense.

G
J.Kline
A.Peat
R.Leary
M.Person
G.Van Roten

T
C.Glenn
J.Peters
G.Ifedi
D.Penn

WR
R.Anderson--Perfect fit but most likely will be out of our price range.
E.Sanders--33 yrs old but still got it. Be real curious to see what he gets.
B.Perriman
D.Robinson
P.Dorsett

RB
M.Gordon--I know it won't happen
D.Freeman--Also won't happen and too injury prone but on a one year deal i'd do it
C.Hyde--He'd be a great fit with Monty and Cohen.
L.Miller
C.Thompson
D.Lewis
L.McCoy

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'm just saying, Jason Peters did say Around 3 years ago that he was okay with playing guard late in his career. He still graded out well as a tackle last year, so might get a productive 2 years from him there.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace has to have a deal of some sort in mind for OL prior to the draft.

He cant possibly be this stupid can he?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pitt signed Wisniewski who was the top guy left for OL that i wanted the Bears to get.

Glad we have a 5.75million special teamer though. Will need him when we punting all the time after Troles gets sacked because our OL sucks.

CP is also good at picking up QBs off the ground after being hit.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I am fairly certain we will add an interior OL in free agency, we likely are just value shopping right now.

I don't know if any team goes into the draft with every position filled, but the Bears look to be in pretty good shape. Interior OL is one position you can consistently find in the 2nd round.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
OLB
C.Mathews
J.Sheard
C.Wake
D.Jordan
J.Attaochu
A.Chickillo

ILB
D.Lee
S.Anthony
W.Woodyard
P.Worrilow

SS
T.Jefferson--My top SS if healthy of course.
V.Bell
T.Wilson
M.Burnett--He'd be nice cause can play both S positions.
D.Bush--I want him back no matter what.
A.Sendejo
E.Reid

Backup Safety
R.Jones--I'm sure he'll get a starting job somewhere.
D.Randall
K.Coleman
DJ Swearinger
S.McManis--Would also like him back no matter what.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Restructure a couple contracts, cut C.Patterson, A.Shaheen, Braunk and get one out of each list to fix the offense.

G
J.Kline
A.Peat
R.Leary
M.Person
G.Van Roten

T
C.Glenn
J.Peters
G.Ifedi
D.Penn

WR
R.Anderson--Perfect fit but most likely will be out of our price range.
E.Sanders--33 yrs old but still got it. Be real curious to see what he gets.
B.Perriman
D.Robinson
P.Dorsett

RB
M.Gordon--I know it won't happen
D.Freeman--Also won't happen and too injury prone but on a one year deal i'd do it
C.Hyde--He'd be a great fit with Monty and Cohen.
L.Miller
C.Thompson
D.Lewis
L.McCoy

I am pretty sure I saw that D Robinson re-signed with Kansas City on Monday.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Glad we have a 5.75million special teamer though. Will need him when we punting all the time after Troles gets sacked because our OL sucks.

Glad you're already predicting for our o-line to suck a couple days into free agency and over a month away from the draft.

He brought in legit coaches for the o-line and running game and now he needs to add a RG and Swing Tackle so to think that's something he won't be able to do this early into the offseason is ridiculous.

There's also no reason to think Leno and Massie can't get right back to being the kinda good tackles they were before last year.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bad take. CP is a good football player and we need those on the team.

Rather see him extended and spread out the cap hit.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I am fairly certain we will add an interior OL in free agency, we likely are just value shopping right now.

I don't know if any team goes into the draft with every position filled, but the Bears look to be in pretty good shape. Interior OL is one position you can consistently find in the 2nd round.

This^

People lose all hope 3 days into free agency that since we haven't done anything to the o-line yet that we're fucked. We all should of known that we were gonna have to do some value shopping this offseason because of our cap going into the offseason and if you didn't know this then you're a moron. I'm sure we all would of rather he spent $8 mil on the o-line instead of Jimmy Graham but he didn't so put your tampon in and deal with it.

Prices are gonna start dropping cause free agents are gonna get impatient and wanna sign a contract especially after last offseason where players sat in free agency much longer then anyone expected and some players didn't even get signed that many thought would so they're not gonna wanna take that chance. If he doesn't take care of the o-line in free agency then we have the two 2nd rounder and there will be o-linemen sitting there that can be day one starters cause it's a strong o-line draft. I would still rather it be fixed in free agency by players that we already know can play in the NFL.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Glad you're already predicting for our o-line to suck a couple days into free agency and over a month away from the draft.

He brought in legit coaches for the o-line and running game and now he needs to add a RG and Swing Tackle so to think that's something he won't be able to do this early into the offseason is ridiculous.

There's also no reason to think Leno and Massie can't get right back to being the kinda good tackles they were before last year.
I think massie at RG should be explored and sign Glenn at tackle.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
I would not be shocked if the Bears are done signing free agents until after the draft.

1. We have limited cap room, so who can we really sign. I am fine with the Foles and Quinn signings, but am befuddled by the Graham signing.
  2. Let's see what happens in the draft. We will have a better idea of the roster holes, and other teams will likely adjust there rosters based upon the draft - i.e., others will be cut.
  3. Compensatory picks - I think I have this right, but timing is important because any free agents signed after May 5th—the second Tuesday after the draft—won’t count against a team’s comp pick formula. As a result, teams would prefer to wait things out, and so veteran free agents run the risk of losing a potential roster spot to a much cheaper draft pick. Plus, draft pick volume matters because the draft tends to be a crapshoot,
Obviously, just by the act of positioning this, the Bears will now sign somebody.