Free Agency news tracker

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh sorry I jumped the gun. I can't find jack on it I was just going by a text I got sorry

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
That's a pretty weak argument. He had 8.5 sacks last year and is trending up at just 26. The Packers are paying him for what they think he can do in the future, not his past. Similar to the Bears signing Trey Burton. Granted, it's a lot more money than Burton, but that's more to do with edge rusher vs. Tight End.

Agree that Smith was signed for his potential. He definitely played really well in the latter half of the season last year. However, I hope he fails miserably now that he's on the Packers.

Just something interesting I found. Here's a list of Ravens pass rushers and LB's who played well in a contract year, got overpaid and played average to bad on their next team:

Adalius Thomas
Paul Kruger
Pernell McPhee
Danell Ellerbee
Jarrett Johnson
Bart Scott
Jameel Mclain

So the odds aren't in Smith's favour from previous Ravens LBs going on to have success elsewhere. He could be the exception to the rule, but that's a pretty big list and fairly recent list too.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If Pace freed cap space to sign Whitehair and Floyd to extensions this place is going to lose it's shit.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[FONT=&quot]The calculated market value for safety Earl Thomas is 3 yrs, $31,568,846with an average salary: $10,522,949, according to [/FONT]@spotrac

msadows

Liked Posts:
[FONT="]The calculated market value for safety Earl Thomas is 3 yrs, $31,568,846with an average salary: $10,522,949, according to [/FONT][/COLOR][URL="https://twitter.com/spotrac"]@spotrac[/URL]

Wouldnt have to pay mitch until 3 years from now either.

Could work.

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Packers are giving former Bears’ safety Adrian Amos a 4-year, $37 million deal that includes $14 million in year one and $21 million in first two years of deal, per source.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Packers are giving former Bears’ safety Adrian Amos a 4-year, $37 million deal that includes $14 million in year one and $21 million in first two years of deal, per source.

So we don’t even get a comp pick??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Good for him. Now back to bell lol

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Some reports coming now that Bell has signed somewhere
If that's the case, the fact that it's not announced means it's with the bears. The reason would be that they are agreeing to keep it quiet until they finalize a trade of Howard so as to maximize his trade value.

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
Jason La Canfora
@JasonLaCanfora
Packers are releasing Nick Perry after agreeing to terms Preston Smith and ZaDarius Smith. Was set to make $11M this season. Will b e a market for him for sure. Young enough and is healthy after battling injuries in 2018