TE: Trey Burton, Adam Shaheen

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Albert Wilson not sure if Chiefs want him back

Posted by Josh Alper on February 23, 2018, 7:47 AM EST

When Patrick Mahomes made his first and only start at quarterback for the Chiefs during the 2017 season, he showed a particular affinity for throwing the ball to wide receiver Albert Wilson.

Wilson set season-highs with 10 catches for 147 yards in the 27-24 win over the Broncos, but it remains to be seen if Mahomes and Wilson will get more chances to work together in the future. Wilson is set for free agency next month and he said during an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio that he doesn’t know what the Chiefs are planning to do.

“Kansas City knows what I can do,” Wilson said. “We’ve built a good relationship over the years. Not sure if they want me back but I showed what I can do on the field.”

Wilson had the most productive of his four years with the Chiefs in 2017 and finished with 42 catches, 554 yards and three touchdowns while appearing in 13 games. Tyreek Hill, Demarcus Robinson and Chris Conley remain under contract at receiver for the Chiefs for 2018.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/23/albert-wilson-not-sure-if-chiefs-want-him-back/

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of giving up picks for Landry. Miami doesn’t have leverage. Hopefully teams wait them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Best case scenario right now to me.

RWR: Sammy Watkins, Rookie
LWR: Cameron Meredith, Brice Butler
SWR: Albert Wilson, Kevin White

A lot of people's best case right now. I don't think they'd sign 3 WRs though, especially since now you have a six man group that doesn't play special teams. I'd probably bring Bellamy back as the #6.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Luke

Liked Posts:
1. 5/80 is not a real thing.

2. In this case it is the move of a team that has a 2nd round QB who needs support.

3. Depends on the pick. Landry is going to give you more week 1 than a 4th round WR guaranteed.

why isn't 5/80 real? Since he is tagged at 16mil, that's where the negotiations begin.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Deiondre' Hall had potential but the arrest in Iowa and spending 2017 on IR makes me wonder if he will still have a spot with the Bears next year.

So what, dude got into a fight and was injured for a year. Doesn't change anything. He is still a DB that has gone through limited development and flashed some talent when he saw the field.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of people's best case right now. I don't think they'd sign 3 WRs though, especially since now you have a six man group that doesn't play special teams. I'd probably bring Bellamy back as the #6.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Inman played teams at San Diego. I’d rather bring him back.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what, dude got into a fight and was injured for a year. Doesn't change anything. He is still a DB that has gone through limited development and flashed some talent when he saw the field.

He'll be in TC competing for a roster spot, if he does well he'll be back.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I don't see him as a back up at safety since the year he was suppose to be learning the position he spent on IR. He can be moved back to CB but Bryce Callahan and Cre'Von LeBlance will beat him out.

He could make the roster but if Bears like a safety in the 4th or 5th he could be cut or be far back on the DB depth chart.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't see him as a back up at safety since the year he was suppose to be learning the position he spent on IR. He can be moved back to CB but Bryce Callahan and Cre'Von LeBlance will beat him out.

He could make the roster but if Bears like a safety in the 4th or 5th he could be cut or be far back on the DB depth chart.

? Am I remembering incorrectly here or didn't Hall play outside cornerback when he saw the field? Callahan has been a nickel corner, played well at nickel, and also has missed games himself. I don't even remember where LeBlanc played to be honest when he did see the field.

Edit: Just looked it up, LeBlanc played outside cornerback for us in 2016 and at a pretty high level for an undrafted rookie. He's another developmental DB with potential.

Mitchapalooza

? Am I remembering incorrectly here or didn't Hall play outside cornerback when he saw the field? Callahan has been a nickel corner, played well at nickel, and also has missed games himself. I don't even remember where LeBlanc played to be honest when he did see the field.

usually eating turf after getting burned.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
usually eating turf after getting burned.

Yeah he played much better in 2016 than he did last season. He's a guy who still needs to develop but that shouldn't be surprising for a UDFA signing.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Would still think its a longshot he lands in chi, as other teams can offer a 3rd rounder and there are better destinations for Landry to choose from.

He doesn't get to choose when getting traded though. I guess if he doesn't agree to a multi year contract with the team trying to trade for him then he does get to choose in a way.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
But an extra 4th might be worth it.

I don't know about this trading a 3rd and definitely don't like the idea of us trading both our 4th for him especially cause teams are gonna cut some veteran WR's and there was a rumor that GB might cut R.Cobb who i'd rather sign for free then trade both 4th's for Landry. I love Landry but trading both our 4th's when we already don't have our 3rd and were still in rebuild mode.......tough for me to get on board with that.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Just curious why you have White as backup Slot?

He's 6'3" 210, prototype outside guy. And with 6 WRs without a ST dude, I'd think we can afford 2 Slot guys. More importantly, although quick changes in direction are unavoidable for WRs, we wouldn't want White training as a Slot from OTA's onward, would seem like a dangerous insult.

Don't get me wrong, I think I know why you have him there... more like he's just the #6 WRs cause we are expecting him be uninjured by Week1 or 2. Plus, I'm almost positive he's taken snaps at Slot... basically all WRs can play Slot, specifically when injuries hit and he's next best WR left standing. But I think the Bears are cautiously optimistic he will compete for Slit end or Flanker.

I figure if the Bears get one WR from the draft, he'll be an outside WR, and Meredith and White are outside, so for FA we might as well add 1 Outside and 2 Slot (prime target now is Wright).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Can people please stop with the B.Butler signing with us. J.Bellamy is better then B.Butler and i'm not even kidding. Butler drops a shit ton of passes.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
He doesn't get to choose when getting traded though. I guess if he doesn't agree to a multi year contract with the team trying to trade for him then he does get to choose in a way.

landry holds all the leverage, i dont believe he signed his tender either so miami cannot trade him if they wanted to.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Inman played teams at San Diego. I’d rather bring him back.

Well, interesting to note: Bellamy had virtually identical stats to Inman last year (rec 24/25, tgts 46/44), plus a better Yards per catch average (15.7 to 13.7), plus Bellamy had 1 less drop than Inman. I'm assuming Bellamy is a better ST player. But maybe Inman can do better with more time with Trub.