Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Better version of Will Montgomery. Sign him and I read today that Fox wants to add a swing tackle, and the OL looks to be in decent shape.

I read that as well, came from the league meetings.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Better version of Will Montgomery. Sign him and I read today that Fox wants to add a swing tackle, and the OL looks to be in decent shape.

That market looks pretty well picked over unfortunately.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The list of vet big names is actually fairly extensive. Almost all are over 30 though. I'd imagine they'd be looking for a younger guy to fill that role. It would be more cost effective.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Will Beatty is really intriguing. Missed last year with a rotator cuff injury, but used to be a pretty good LT.

He's about the only one that looks interesting. the rest is pure shit.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
The list of vet big names is actually fairly extensive. Almost all are over 30 though. I'd imagine they'd be looking for a younger guy to fill that role. It would be more cost effective.

I think one year deals with little Gtd money is no issue for the over 30 crowd. I know we ultimately want a young team but filling holes on the cheap for one year sometimes has to be done, especially in the name of depth signings.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs
‏@BradBiggs
#Bears have signed OL Manny Ramirez to a 1-year contract

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
Looks like Ted Larsen OG Arizona Cardinals may be on the way in too.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
With these depth moves (Acho and OL additions)...

- there could be interesting Training Camp Long/Leno debate (which one to play at LT, and which at RG)
- now Bears almost have to take DE and CB in 1st and 2nd round to cover HUGE depth holes at those positions

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Bolden's meeting moved to tomorrow. But he reportedly doesn't want to leave Chicago without a contract. I'd imagine it'll get done since he's had very little other interest.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 11s11 seconds ago
Brad Biggs Retweeted Troy Renck
Would add talented special teamer to mix. Brad Biggs added,
Troy Renck @TroyRenck
Omar Bolden had good meeting with #ChicagoBears today. Expectation is that he will sign with Chicago... #Broncos

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Per @TroyRenck, #Bears sign DB/Returner Omar Bolden to a 1-year $760K deal.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
The Eagles, Bears, and Bucs could have varying levels of interest in franchise-tagged RE Muhammad Wilkerson.
ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini polled the rest of the ESPN NFL Nation reporters. Phil Sheridan, who covers the Eagles, cites Wilkerson's local connection, as he went to Temple and grew up in the area, He'd also be an upgrade inside to pair with Fletcher Cox in new DC Jim Schwartz's 4-3 defense. The Bears have the cap space and have been loosely connected to Wilkerson over the past month. Tampa Bay is one of the more pass-rush desperate teams in the league. Wilkerson trade chatter will heat up before the draft, but it's tough to see him actually being dealt.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Just saw on Twitter that 49ers and Broncos are finalizing a trade for Kap.....this is good for us cause now I can't see how they don't draft a QB at 7.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
The #Browns released second-year CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, whose devastating knee injury robbed him of being a first-round pick and obviously more

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
The #Browns released second-year CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, whose devastating knee injury robbed him of being a first-round pick and obviously more

Cautionary tale for those that want to still go after Jaylon Smith. Drafting injured players rarely work out well. The best case since McGahee is Tank Carradine, who is a completely average (at best) player who went in the 2nd round.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can Ifo not pay ever again?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Can Ifo not pay ever again?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

He says he's healthy and ready to play now. But cutting a guy a year after you draft him with an injury doesn't make that seem very true. We'll see.

Bears27

Liked Posts:
Just saw on Twitter that 49ers and Broncos are finalizing a trade for Kap.....this is good for us cause now I can't see how they don't draft a QB at 7.

...and that would allow which player to slide to the Bears?