Free Agency Rumors and Signings [Entire NFL]

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Another Texan here (Dallas) I've never seen any hate towards the Texans, but I'll agree with most Dallas folks when I say Houston sucks (the city not just their sports teams). I don't think any Cowboys fans would would suddenly become Texans fans if Romo went there, but I could see them cheering for Romo to do well as long as they aren't playing the Cowboys.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Another Texan here (Dallas) I've never seen any hate towards the Texans, but I'll agree with most Dallas folks when I say Houston sucks (the city not just their sports teams). I don't think any Cowboys fans would would suddenly become Texans fans if Romo went there, but I could see them cheering for Romo to do well as long as they aren't playing the Cowboys.

Yes, Houston certainly does suck.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Dolphins going to release LT Branden Albert to free up cap. Might be a worthwhile consideration for the Bears if he doesn't resign a team-friendly contract with the Dolphins.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I just asked the question okung albert or clady ?? But this thread turned into some sort of dallas hates houston houston hates dallas thread jimmy g jimmy g where thou go jimmy g ?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I cannot see Jimmy G going for a top 15 pick. The jury is still out and he has a big contract coming due.

The market is probably an early 2nd and probably a mid rounder as well.

The Browns will give them the 12 pick for Jimmy G.

Liked Posts:
Dolphins going to release LT Branden Albert to free up cap. Might be a worthwhile consideration for the Bears if he doesn't resign a team-friendly contract with the Dolphins.

Let's just sign everyone who gets released while we're at it.

AussieBear

Houston is in the AFC, Jerry shouldnt care.

As a former Texan, Us millions of bears fans didnt care much about the boys or houston.. and yes fuck houston (the city)

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is surprising..

Tony Jefferson - DB - Cardinals
The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers reports the Cardinals are in "serious negotiations" with impending free agent FS Tony Jefferson.
Jefferson made 14 starts last season before landing on I.R. in December with a sprained MCL. He's healthy now and graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 6 safety out of 91 qualifiers, excelling in run defense. The former UDFA just turned 25 in January and will likely end up being the top free-agent safety on the market once Eric Berry gets tagged or quickly signs elsewhere. Arizona will have to make a serious big-money offer in order to keep Jefferson before the market opens.
Source: Arizona Republic Feb 17 - 11:10 AM

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
This is surprising..

The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers reports the Cardinals are in "serious negotiations" with impending free agent FS Tony Jefferson.
Jefferson made 14 starts last season before landing on I.R. in December with a sprained MCL. He's healthy now and graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 6 safety out of 91 qualifiers, excelling in run defense. The former UDFA just turned 25 in January and will likely end up being the top free-agent safety on the market once Eric Berry gets tagged or quickly signs elsewhere. Arizona will have to make a serious big-money offer in order to keep Jefferson before the market opens.

Why is it surprising they are trying to keep him?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This is surprising..

They were stupid not to sign him to a long term deal last year.

Also means they are unlikely to sign DJ Swearinger, with the Honey Badger due for a big pay day at the other safety spot.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We need a S that can cover. We have run supporters now. We need a FS not a SS. I would love to land this guy.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
They were stupid not to sign him to a long term deal last year.

Also means they are unlikely to sign DJ Swearinger, with the Honey Badger due for a big pay day at the other safety spot.

Mathieu got a 5 year, 62 million deal already......

What are you talking about?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Give me duran harmon and obi melifonwu in the third round or eddie jackson with our 2nd 4th or 5th round.

This also means calais campbell could be a bear.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Give me duran harmon and obi melifonwu in the third round or eddie jackson with our 2nd 4th or 5th round.

This also means calais campbell could be a bear.

I really doubt Obi makes it to the 3rd. But I would take Harmon in free agency and Obi in the 2nd. Sign one of Bouye/Gilmore/Johnson and all of a sudden, the secondary is transformed.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
La Confora and most of the big guys are saying he is hitting the market.

He would be a huge add.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I really doubt Obi makes it to the 3rd. But I would take Harmon in free agency and Obi in the 2nd. Sign one of Bouye/Gilmore/Johnson and all of a sudden, the secondary is transformed.

I dont doubt it at all maye hooker adams peppers jackson baker evans williams gerry thats 9 safeties who could all be picked ahead of him.

sewie

Liked Posts:
Update on Jefferson from PFF

The Cardinals have been in serious negotiations with the representative for safety Tony Jefferson, according to an NFL source who spoke with Kent Somers of The Arizona Republic. However, according to a pair of reports, it won’t be enough to keep Jefferson from exploring the free agent waters in March. Tony Jefferson (Vertical)

Jefferson will hit the free agent market, Matt Miller of Bleacher Report (on Twitter) hears. League sources indicate to him that he’ll be in line for $7MM+ per season on his next deal. Furthermore, a return to Arizona is not in the cards, according to Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com (on Twitter). La Canfora speculates that Jefferson will be the second-highest paid safety in free agency after Eric Berry.

The timing of these reports does not seem coincidental. I would speculate that Somers was informed of the ongoing contract talks from Cardinals sources. Moments later (Note: still speculating), Jefferson’s reps likely got on the horn with a pair of national reporters to let them know that the two sides are still very far apart.

With that said, deadlines tend to spur action and things can always change between now and March 9.