Free Agency Rumors and Signings [Entire NFL]

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I dont doubt it at all maye hooker adams peppers jackson baker evans williams gerry thats 9 safeties who could all be picked ahead of him.

I still doubt it. 6'4 safeties with fluid hips, tackling and coverage skills, and willingness to bet better don't come around often. He'll go somewhere in the 2nd.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Mathieu got a 5 year, 62 million deal already......

What are you talking about?

Oh, I was unaware. Still, they aren't going to retain both Jefferson and Swearinger.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think people are reading too much into the Jimmy G trade possibilities. Edelman going on NFL Network to drive his price up? C'mon now.

It's not out of the question for the Pats to hold onto him for another year, especially if they believe he's a franchise caliber QB. Idc about all the talk that Brady is playing 'til he's 45 or 50, the dude is going to fall off sooner rather than later. He'll be 40 next season, it could very well happen then.

Brady was looking like a former shell of himself in the first half of the SB, he was missing wide open throws left and right. Then had that pick 6 that felt like the final nail in the coffin. Of course, everyone forgets that because of their miraculous comeback. But can Brady go for another 16 game season? Plus playoffs? I wouldn't bet against him but it has to be on Belichick's mind.

1st half? Lol. Plz remind all of us of Bradys season stats for 2016.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
1st half? Lol. Plz remind all of us of Bradys season stats for 2016.

Yeah, what about them? Brett Favre had arguably the best season of his career then deteriorated. Peyton Manning threw 39 TD's the season before he fell off. Father time comes for them all. Like I said, I wouldn't bet against Brady but the end is nigh.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Kirk Cousins reportedly doesn't want to sign a long term deal with Redskins, and both sides have made little to zero progress in negotiations thus far. A lot of talk about him reuniting with Shanahan in SF.

I could see it happen, and I hope it does. It would really open up the possibility of the Bears choosing the first QB in the draft.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ed Werder reporting Jimmy G not likely to be traded and Romo expects to be released.....not traded

Oh, please!

This is BB driving up the price ( or so he thinks)

Offer the #36, and a future 2nd and tell him to fuck off if it is not enough.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It would be "Bears luck" that they pass on Fournette because of team need and Howard turns into a one year wonder or suffers a career ending/altering injury?!?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I would be absolutely shocked if Shanahan doesn't kick things off by selecting his QB at #2. He will want his guy to build around from day one. I'd be ecstatic if they took Allen though.

Is there a way to get both Cleveland and SF to pass on Garrett? That would bring CCS together in a spirit of peace and harmony, all the children around the world would sing the praises of whoever dosed Cleveland and SF.

Except the kids from Cleveland and SF, they would be dealing with fathers rippage.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh, please!

This is BB driving up the price ( or so he thinks)

Offer the #36, and a future 2nd and tell him to fuck off if it is not enough.

This is exactly what you do.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It would be "Bears luck" that they pass on Fournette because of team need and Howard turns into a one year wonder or suffers a career ending/altering injury?!?

Fournette is a great prospect.

Howard may or may not be great long term.

But RBs are not as significant as they once were. It is a QB league

Elliott got praise all year long, but won zero playoff games because the opponent had the better QB.

That's no knock on him. Just reality.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Fournette is a fine prospect but all this talk of the greatest RB prospect and top 5 pick need to cool off. He is oft-injured and wasn't even the best back on his team this season.

Guice had a higher YPC (7.6) than Fournette (6.5), he had more yards (1387 to 843), more TDs (15 to 8) on slightly more carries (183 to 129).

I have no doubt Fournette will be a hell of a back but there are plenty of guys who can say the same and won't cost a top 10 pick. Let someone else make the mistake of wasting a premium pick while we enjoy watching our 5th round pick run defenders over some more.

AussieBear

Fournette is a great prospect.

Howard may or may not be great long term.

But RBs are not as significant as they once were. It is a QB league

Elliott got praise all year long, but won zero playoff games because the opponent had the better QB.

That's no knock on him. Just reality.

a qb league with how many elites qbs??

AussieBear

They were stupid not to sign him to a long term deal last year.

Also means they are unlikely to sign DJ Swearinger, with the Honey Badger due for a big pay day at the other safety spot.

if DJ can be had for less than 7 mil.. id go that route.. hes fs/ss capable..

if ss is the goal id rather trade down and draft adams unless berry can be had on the market... personally id rather pay 10-12 for berry than 7+ for jefferson

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Fournette is a fine prospect but all this talk of the greatest RB prospect and top 5 pick need to cool off. He is oft-injured and wasn't even the best back on his team this season.

Guice had a higher YPC (7.6) than Fournette (6.5), he had more yards (1387 to 843), more TDs (15 to 8) on slightly more carries (183 to 129).

I have no doubt Fournette will be a hell of a back but there are plenty of guys who can say the same and won't cost a top 10 pick. Let someone else make the mistake of wasting a premium pick while we enjoy watching our 5th round pick run defenders over some more.

300 1953 6.5 87 22

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Matt miller reporting Tony Jefferson will test free agency.

I didnt think he would make it there so that's a bit of good news.

Going to have to pay him 7M+ salary as well according to Miller.

Sweeten it and make it an 8 million dollar deal. 4yr/32 million - 12 million guaranteed.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Matt miller reporting Tony Jefferson will test free agency.

I didnt think he would make it there so that's a bit of good news.

Going to have to pay him 7M+ salary as well according to Miller.

Sweeten it and make it an 8 million dollar deal. 4yr/32 million - 12 million guaranteed.

Once Berry gets tagged and the market thins my guess is it is closer to 4/36 or even 4/40.

I am fine with either number.