dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Can you please provide links to these pundits that said we didn't improve the team.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pag...barnwell-grades-big-2017-free-agent-deals-nfl

Here is Barnwell giving us an A for signing Prince. I also think signing a guy with 6 interceptions when the entire secondary had 8 is improving the team as is signing a blocking TE.

What states did Gilmore more. Please link them because the statements I saw him make could be interpreted as him just wanted the Bears to bid up the price he got from NE. I know of no statement he made that said he would have signed with the Bears rather than the Pats for the same or slightly more money. But if you have access to statements he made suggesting this then link them. Also, please link to these promises Pace made. I know of no such promises.

Two WRs went to teams that had Wentz and Cousins. Since it is unrealistic for Pace to have acquired Cousins and Wentz as a free agent this year, I have no reason to blame him for the fact that Wentz and Cousins are seen as better QBs at this present time. I support the signing of Glennon because it's a one year commitment and he was the best QB available in FA. Are you confused by the fact the Skins and Eagles have no interest in trading Wentz and Cousins? Should Pace have just not signed a QB at all? Do you think if he had stuck with Hoyer or Cutler, the decision would be different? You sound like a petulant child upset that another kid has a toy you want as if Pace could have gone to Philly and Washington and stolen the toy and given it you so that the other kids would want to be your friend.

Or we can build through the draft like a lot of good teams do. Again there is no one right or wrong answer. Plenty of teams when they are rebuilding don't blow their wad in FA. Acting like we have to overpay for FAs just to compete ignores history. I'm not against it but neither am I as fatalistic as you to pretend it is a necessity.

And if that is proven on the field this year then he should be fired. As FA, the draft, and the season isn't over yet, that has not been proven. I think he has already improved the secondary and the TE position. He has plenty of time to make additional improvements and the field is where the truth will play out not CCS.

Well I don't know because we are still 2 years away from making that decision. Goldman seems like the best of the bunch thus far but I guess we will have to see how White, Grasu, and Amos perform the next 2 years.

I'm pretty sure 2017 FA agents can't go back in time and change our record in 2015 and 2016. Pretty sure I will have to wait until the 2017 season to measure the 2017 FAs. Or are you upset Pace didn't invest in a time machine?

All this whining and bitching will all be for not when this team is built the right way and full of talented young players with some vets thrown in at certain positions and we have our franchise QB for the next 12-15 years. Fans have been crying for years to get a GM that will come in and build this team the right way and now that we have one that's doing it we have to go through the tough times to get where we want to be but the fans just can't find the patience to go through these tough times, if Pace gets this right there will be a ton of crow eating going on around here, or at least the men that can handle eating crow.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since we have to spend 95% of the cap, I say we spend what we need to sign AP for a change of pace back. He is an athletic and ageless freak, we all know. I'll take him over any other back we have for relief role and can carry the load if something happens to Howard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't, you can carry over a good bit and use it next year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
But AJ went to Philly to play with a QB who started as a rookie, as opposed to playing with a QB who was the best FA available.

Post fail

If it wasn't Philly it would of been somewhere else cause he didn't want to play for the Bears.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Weren't you one of the guys advocating for tagging AJ (not sarcasm, I honestly don't know). While I might actually agree with you on his choice to play in philly, I admire his courage on betting on himself.

As for the rest, I will let the product the Bears place on the filed this year be the judge in who is right or who is wrong, my guess, 5 maybe 6 wins tops.

But what Pace is doing is not about next year, it's about building this team through the draft and he's just signing guys to get by with for a year or two until i guess he feels the team is built the way he wants. I don't think it will be right to use whatever the record is next year on how good or bad of a job Pace is doing. For me i give him two more years for this team to show the improvement is going the right direction but it all depends on when he gets our future QB which will either be in this draft or next for sure.....i hope.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears missed on the top talent, that is a failure.

But what they have done since is ensure that they have depth, competition, and that they don't have to play any street bums like the previous 2 seasons.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
But what Pace is doing is not about next year, it's about building this team through the draft and he's just signing guys to get by with for a year or two until i guess he feels the team is built the way he wants. I don't think it will be right to use whatever the record is next year on how good or bad of a job Pace is doing. For me i give him two more years for this team to show the improvement is going the right direction but it all depends on when he gets our future QB which will either be in this draft or next for sure.....i hope.

I believe they signed 5 guys to multi-year contracts and 3 to one year contracts......so far

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I believe they signed 5 guys to multi-year contracts and 3 to one year contracts......so far

I'm pretty sure every multi year contract they gave out the guaranteed money will be paid after one year and definitely after two so any that are can also be looked at as one year deals as well.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure every multi year contract they gave out the guaranteed money will be paid after one year and definitely after two so any that are can also be looked at as one year deals as well.

If the players don't work out.....that is just a good idea. Really there are only a few players in FA that were signed long term. Difference makers don't come around often in FA and rarely live up to the contract.

Out of all the free agency wins the Bears have had only Peppers really was a game changer that lived up to the hype and the contract value. The Peppers win we had was icing on a cake. Our defense was already stacked.

I will agree with you that Pace's main avenue is, and should be, the draft.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Huh?

Dion Sims got 3 year/18 mil, 10 mil guaranteed. How is being on the hook for 4 of his 6 mil annual salary in year 2 a one year deal. :facepalm:

I know, in your mind since Pace did it then it's a great move and it will be a steal. Pour another glass of Kool aid.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Huh?

Dion Sims got 3 year/18 mil, 10 mil guaranteed. How is being on the hook for 4 of his 6 mil annual salary in year 2 a one year deal. :facepalm:

I know, in your mind since Pace did it then it's a great move and it will be a steal. Pour another glass of Kool aid.

Awwwwww i'm sorry you have reading problems but i CLEARLY said that i'm PRETTY SURE that we can get out of the contracts after one year and DEFINITELY AFTER TWO so next time just read a little slower and everything should work out fine for you. GEESH.:rolleyes:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Huh?

Sims can be cut after one year with little cap hit.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awwwwww i'm sorry you have reading problems but i CLEARLY said that i'm PRETTY SURE that we can get out of the contracts after one year and DEFINITELY AFTER TWO so next time just read a little slower and everything should work out fine for you. GEESH.:rolleyes:

You omitted the part where you said the multiyear deals could also be looked at as one year deals, you said it not me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You don't, you can carry over a good bit and use it next year.

Yeah the rule is 89% on a team basis and 95% on a league basis over a 4 year period.

We just ended a 4 year period from 2013 to 2016 so we are year 1 of the next 4 year period. Another reason why Pace doesn't want to overpay for big ticket players. Any big overpay now is money that can't be rolled over and spent in future years when he probably expects us to be more competitive.

Why blow you wad on Gilmore when next year a more accomplished FA that you feel better about may end up being available? Gilmore isn't a slam dunk talent. He's had up and down years and could easily bust. To me I'd overpay for for a guy like Revis in his prime or an Antonio Brown ie a guy with multiple pro bowls and that is damn near a lot to not be a bust.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears missed on the top talent, that is a failure.

But what they have done since is ensure that they have depth, competition, and that they don't have to play any street bums like the previous 2 seasons.
Jesus Windy... They didn't miss. They tried. And in FA, that's all you can do. They were aggressive, they had top targets, they gave them fair and even inflated offers. With those fair and inflated offers, the players chose elsewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pace said months ago when talking about free agency, that he feels the team needs to continue to gather depth. It's clear that Pace doesn't think this team is one or two high priced free agents away from competing. The Bears don't have a franchise QB. Glennon was brought in because he still has some potential, and if it works out, great, but it's obvious that he's not looked at as a franchise guy right now. So why spend top of the market cash on free agents right now? Especially secondary, which is loaded this draft. Even if the Bears signed, say, Gilmore, and whatever other safety, how close does that put the Bears to competing with the Patriots, Falcons, Steelers, etc? I like Pace's approach in free agency so far and his model of building through the draft. Would I have liked a Gilmore, Jefferson, Bouye, or other exciting free agent name? Sure...but I understand why Pace is passing and to be honest, it's the smart and disciplined move. One that may cause some fans to jump head first off a cliff, but those same fans are the ones who lauded Emery's spending in free agency.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace said months ago when talking about free agency, that he feels the team needs to continue to gather depth. It's clear that Pace doesn't think this team is one or two high priced free agents away from competing. The Bears don't have a franchise QB. Glennon was brought in because he still has some potential, and if it works out, great, but it's obvious that he's not looked at as a franchise guy right now. So why spend top of the market cash on free agents right now? Especially secondary, which is loaded this draft. Even if the Bears signed, say, Gilmore, and whatever other safety, how close does that put the Bears to competing with the Patriots, Falcons, Steelers, etc? I like Pace's approach in free agency so far and his model of building through the draft. Would I have liked a Gilmore, Jefferson, Bouye, or other exciting free agent name? Sure...but I understand why Pace is passing and to be honest, it's the smart and disciplined move. One that may cause some fans to jump head first off a cliff, but those same fans are the ones who lauded Emery's spending in free agency.

I call it rearranging the deck chairs on a sinking ship. They added something decent in the secondary but wasted a lot of money on GLennon, lost their best wide receiver for an incredibly small amount of money. HIs "approach" stinks.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jesus Windy... They didn't miss. They tried. And in FA, that's all you can do. They were aggressive, they had top targets, they gave them fair and even inflated offers. With those fair and inflated offers, the players chose elsewhere.

How can any logical person say they didn't miss? If you try something and don't succeed that means you fail, "miss" or whatever word you want to call it.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You say that now but Pace was trying to swing big with Gilmore and Bouye and missed. I have no problem Pace passing on Gilmore, I have a problem him identifying him as his #1 target and then get cold feet. Pace should be measured with spending because they are in the middle of a rebuild and the team will still be bad next year. But he is the one who identified Gilmore as a need, not us fans. And if his answer to missing out on his #1 target is overbidding for Bouye and losing and eventually grossly overpaying a veteran scrub in Prince then that is the sign of a weak GM who lacks conviction.

BTW, are you still advocating we sign Poe to a 5 year/55 mil contract :lmao:

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How can any logical person say they didn't miss? If you try something and don't succeed that means you fail, "miss" or whatever word you want to call it.
That's not how FA works though. How can you not see the human entity on the other end making decisions? Is this real?

Are you not grasping that? This isn't madden. You don't click A and he signs cuz you offered him the most or second most money.