legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If Glennon went to the Pro Bowl you'd trade him?

Uh, hell no. If he is good enough to make the Pro Bowl he's my starter next year and Trubs is still my backup.

That means Glennon plays better than any 3 of Rodgers/Ryan/Newton/Wilson/Brees. Throwing to 2 UDFA, a guy with 1 leg and 2 castoff slot guys, you keep that motherfucker.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Mike Glennon goes to the Pro Bowl then you keep him and you trade Trubisky for what they were rumored to be asking for Garoppolo

If Mike Glennon plays okay, then you trade him in the offseason for a mid round pick.

If Mike Glennon plays below average you cut him and get 15 million back to spend on a WR or CB

If M.Glennon goes to the pro bowl but Trubs still shows he can be a starting QB in the NFL then no way do i trade him cause no matter what Glennon looks like Trubs has the chance of being better. I would keep both and start Glennon again the following year.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Mike Glennon goes to the Pro Bowl then you keep him and you trade Trubisky for what they were rumored to be asking for Garoppolo

If Mike Glennon plays okay, then you trade him in the offseason for a mid round pick.

If Mike Glennon plays below average you cut him and get 15 million back to spend on a WR or CB

What a shitty problem to have to deal with !!!

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe just me, but Glennon and Pro bowl in the same sentence is comical.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Glennon goes to the PRO BOWL? HOw many tickets did he buy for himself?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are adjusting some of their quarterback coaching plan for rookie Mitch Trubisky, John Mullin of CSNChicago.com notes, adding, however, John Fox won’t be thinking long-term when he decides who will start come September. Mullin writes that Mike Glennon‘s status as the current starter, one he held at this juncture in the 2015 Buccaneers’ offseason, won’t deter the Bears from starting Trubisky on Day 1 if he’s ready. Trubisky is viewed as more of a project than Jameis Winston, but the Bears’ investment is quite similar to the Bucs’ then.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2...ngs-bears-trubisky?fv-home=true&post-id=66868

This is of course what many suspected.....if he is ready he starts...if not he won't.....If Glennon is injured and Trubisky isn't ready...then Sanchez will start.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

no its not....

Mike Glennon will not play well enough to get a Pro Bowl invite......

see not so crazy

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Glennon went to the Pro Bowl you'd trade him?

Uh, hell no. If he is good enough to make the Pro Bowl he's my starter next year and Trubs is still my backup.

Bridgewater went to the ProBowl with 14 TD's. Using the PB as a measuring stick on a QB is Special person. Look at Cutler.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears fans wait years to find QB.

Bears fans finally find QB.

Bears fans suggest QB immediately be traded.

:facepalm:

Beats fans don't understand how useless the term "Pro Bowl" means.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Not comical. What's comical is thinking he's a "franchise QB" that will somehow allow the Bears to trade away Trubs after 1 year. But he made the Pro-Bowl (just as Cutler did)!!!

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The Bears are adjusting some of their quarterback coaching plan for rookie Mitch Trubisky, John Mullin of CSNChicago.com notes, adding, however, John Fox won’t be thinking long-term when he decides who will start come September. Mullin writes that Mike Glennon‘s status as the current starter, one he held at this juncture in the 2015 Buccaneers’ offseason, won’t deter the Bears from starting Trubisky on Day 1 if he’s ready. Trubisky is viewed as more of a project than Jameis Winston, but the Bears’ investment is quite similar to the Bucs’ then.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2...ngs-bears-trubisky?fv-home=true&post-id=66868

How can anyone take anything that Moon Mullin says as serious?

The hack said this last year:

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/moons-game-game-predictions-bears-2016

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I knew you'd reply with this and I agree the Pro Bowl is useless.

Point remains.... would you trade Glennon after a good season?

Not sure. If Trubs gets some playing time and looks like he can be the real deal, then probably trade him. My bet is Pace will keep him 2 years.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If Trub is ready to start week 1 I'd QB by committee. Give him bits and pieces to digest. Don't push him too far too fast. Odds of a rookie QB coming in and lighting it up for the year are extremely low so you don't lose anything. Sink or swim is for when you're in that situation. We are not there for once.
Plus if Glennon is worth anything you get to find out and if he's worth anything in trade you get to market him.

Bears fans wait years to find QB.

Bears fans finally find QB.

Bears fans suggest QB immediately be traded.

:facepalm:

Think of the picks you could get! :thinking:

The odds of Glennon being great are not high. Thinking he's going to be great is another Bears fan thing. Nothing like offseason dreaming. It would be a franchise miracle if we get one halfway decent QB out of this.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
actually, considering the last QB for the Bears to go to a Probowl was in 85 it would be fairly impressive......

let me make this clear....Mike Glennon will not go to the Pro Bowl unless he makes it in as like a 10th alternate or something....

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think then you trade away Glennon for at least a #1.
If that happens, I predict Glennon goes on to become a multi ProBowler and Trubisky craps out in 3 years.

This is the Bears we are talking about.

Reactions: Myk

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

We have Trubs for 5 years. If Glennon makes Pro Bowl he gets a second year. If he makes second Pro Bowl the next year, I'd consider trading Trubisky. But you wont get more than a second because of lack of hype.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Bridgewater went to the ProBowl with 14 TD's. Using the PB as a measuring stick on a QB is Special person. Look at Cutler.

I think the point is making a legit Pro Bowl. Where you actually earned it and wasn't just a 7th alternate.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Be a tough pill to swallow with 18.5 mil backup. But fuck it, isn't my money.

The money side of football only matter in the offseason. Once the pads come in, all monetary values assigned to a player become completely irrelevant.