Frustrated GM

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The money Robinson II would cost has to go towards fixing the crisis at offensive tackle. Salary cap league, nothing really to do with the quality of player that Allen Robinson II is. Its just a decision that has to be made for the betterment of the franchise.
Except it woukd make them even worse. Draft a tackle at 20.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Except it woukd make them even worse. Draft a tackle at 20.
Even if they get someone like Tristan Wirfs or Meckhi Beckton at twenty that still leaves the other tackle position in crisis. This will need to be partly addressed via free agency since its unrealistic to expect a second round offensive tackle to step in and be a quality NFL starter. I don't see any point in spending all this effort to get a quarterback and then watch that quarterback get decapitated because Leno Jr. and Massie are among the two worst players rostered in the entire league.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The GM for philly Howie Roseman just stated in an interview that he feels teams aren't going to give them fair compensation for Wentz, he pointed out that Wentz is a proven winner, still has great physical tools and is a great leader in the locker room.

If he's all that, why you trying to get rid of him?
He doesn't want to trade him. Wentz has taken calls from the owner and new coach, but not the GM (Howie). The player has let the organization know he wants out, so Roseman has to trade a guy he spent a lot of draft capital to get AND resigned all because that same guy doesn't like Roseman....

Roseman is probably being hard headed here, but it might pay off. As an Eagle fan it's sad Wentz wants to leave and I wish he'd change his mind. I also wish if he has to go I'd want max compensation because this team will need all the picks it can get to rebuild.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What Howie did by going public is stupid. Saying you are not getting fair compensation for Wentz makes you look desperate. I know both Colts and Bears need a QB, but Wentz is not Stafford. Stafford never got benched.

People on sports radio saying that he can't handle pressure and can't take coaching. Literally telling coaches to fuck off and won't fix his mechanics nor his decision making.

This coming from teammates and former coaches. I can't see the life of me why the Bears would give up 1 let alone 2 firsts for Wentz.