Fuller...franchise tag??

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This kid is one of the best out there if he can stay healthy. People just did not give him any slack on his injuries and he fought back and tried to go when he was probably 75%. People thought it was ok to pay Leno, should be ok to try to extend Fuller.

He is not one of the best out there, but he is good enough to keep. I agree with Winfy that we should overpay to avoid seeing him leave. But in a perfect world, he is our #2 (or even #3) CB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He is not one of the best out there, but he is good enough to keep. I agree with Winfy that we should overpay to avoid seeing him leave. But in a perfect world, he is our #2 (or even #3) CB.

If he could have the kind of season he had this year, next year, then i'd put him up closer to the top guys like maybe top 10 but not sure cause i'd have to actually look at a list of the CB's in our game first. He really played well this year and not just his covering and passes defensed but his hitting was really good. He had some monster hits this year. He had some chances at INT's that he didn't get so i'd like to see him approve in the turnover department.

So just looked at the CB list and maybe he couldn't make top 10

P.Peterson
R.Sherman
AJ Bouye
D.Slay
X.Rhodes
J.Ramsey
C.Harris Jr
J.Jenkins
M.Peters
A.Talib
J.Norman
C.Heyward
M.Butler
T.Johnson
S.Gilmore
T.White--nice rookie
M.Lattimore--really nice rookie and most likely rookie of the year
D.Kirkpatrick

There's others i could put on this list as well. Making this list surprised me about how many good/great CB's we have in the league.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I tag him to see if he can replicate this season. I would rather give him an extra 3-5m this year. Rather than sign him long term, and he goes back to playing how he did before this year.

This is spot on. Since he has a shotty history, make him do it 2 years in a row and if plays well again, give him a big contract.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Yeah, our #3 CB who is going to draw $10mil/year+ on the open market. That's more than a perfect world.

He's clearly a #1 CB, if we go by 32 #1 CBs in the league. He's not an elite top 10 corner. He doesn't do as well with smaller, quicker WRs, but he's done great against guys like AJ Green and Josh Gordon and he's very good against the run too.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Yeah, our #3 CB who is going to draw $10mil/year+ on the open market. That's more than a perfect world.

He's clearly a #1 CB, if we go by 32 #1 CBs in the league. He's not an elite top 10 corner. He doesn't do as well with smaller, quicker WRs, but he's done great against guys like AJ Green and Josh Gordon and he's very good against the run too.

Pretty sure he does well against diggs