Future QB Talk

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
As of right now, with 3 wins on their record, Bears would be able to draft 3rd ranked QB from 2017 class at very best (and even Jets may overtake them for the better pick if Bears win more games).

So considering Browns and 49ers (plus Jets) are almost certain to draft a QB with their #1 picks, it really doesn't make much sense for Bears to go after 3rd or 4th ranked QB from what seems to be a rather weak 2017 QB class.

Other option is to trade for Garoppolo (but only if he's available for 2nd round or lesser pick), or another year of Cutler (by that I mean another year of Bears being a total $hit team in midst of rebuild process).

Btw. one prediction, John Fox won't be a HC of Chicago Bears in 2018 (and even next season might be a longshot for him, especially if ownership puts Pace on a hotseat).

Why the fuck would the Patriots trade JG for less than a 2nd round pick. Think Hammer THINK!!!!!!!!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As of right now, with 3 wins on their record, Bears would be able to draft 3rd ranked QB from 2017 class at very best (and even Jets may overtake them for the better pick if Bears win more games).

So considering Browns and 49ers (plus Jets) are almost certain to draft a QB with their #1 picks, it really doesn't make much sense for Bears to go after 3rd or 4th ranked QB from what seems to be a rather weak 2017 QB class.

Other option is to trade for Garoppolo (but only if he's available for 2nd round or lesser pick), or another year of Cutler (by that I mean another year of Bears being a total $hit team in midst of rebuild process).

Btw. one prediction, John Fox won't be a HC of Chicago Bears in 2018 (and even next season might be a longshot for him, especially if ownership puts Pace on a hotseat).

If 3 QBs are off the board by the time the Bears pick, that leaves us with Garrett or Allen. Not a bad consolation prize.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If 3 QBs are off the board by the time the Bears pick, that leaves us with Garrett or Allen. Not a bad consolation prize.

If the Bears land Garrett, I will jizz everywhere!!!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If the Bears land Garrett, I will jizz everywhere!!!

Currently, I think it goes:

Browns: Garrett - I think they role with Kessler next year or trade down and acquire more picks like they have done in the past.
49ers: Watson
Jax: Allen
Bears: ????

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The flaw in your logic is assuming that the teams have the QBs ranked the same. If the Browns and Niners draft say Kizer and Watson and the Bears had Trubisky as their top QB or they simply had all 3 QBs graded similarly, there would be no reason for them to pass on Trubisky simply because he was the 3rd QB taken.

All that matters is how the Bears have the QBs graded and ranked not how you, the media or other teams have them graded and ranked.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Browns: Garrett - I think they role with Kessler next year or trade down and acquire more picks like they have done in the past.

If that happens (which I think is quite likely), the Bears need to take Kizer.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The flaw in your logic is assuming that the teams have the QBs ranked the same. If the Browns and Niners draft say Kizer and Watson and the Bears had Trubisky as their top QB or they simply had all 3 QBs graded similarly, there would be no reason for them to pass on Trubisky simply because he was the 3rd QB taken.

All that matters is how the Bears have the QBs graded and ranked not how you, the media or other teams have them graded and ranked.

The other flaw is assuming that all the teams ahead of the Bears are certain to take QBs. We don't know who will and who won't. I think the one slam dunk if they end up high enough is the Jets, but the Niners need help everywhere and the Browns may opt to develop Kessler and take the sure thing in Garrett.

Also the idea that the Pats trade Garoppolo for a 2nd or less is bizarre. If they were willing to, that should be the biggest reason not to take him.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't think Browns pass up on going QB here with currently having 2 top 10 picks. McCown is gone. RG3 is RG3. They can release him. Think they keep Kessler as backup or even to compete but will not walk away from 2 top 10 picks without a QB they feel much better about.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Most Bears fans would. They're accustomed to settling.

lol Jimmy would be the ultimate in settling. Forget managing the Belichick system and think Soldier Field in January. Playoff game, Bears down by 6 needing to score. Need the QB to step up and own it, be the best player on the field and do something special to make the team win. Be a playmaker. If you think Jimmy Garappolo has more chance to do that than Kizer or Watson, you're nuts.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Honestly, its just fun talking about the possibility of a drafting a top 5 draft pick that's a QB.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol Jimmy would be the ultimate in settling. Forget managing the Belichick system and think Soldier Field in January. Playoff game, Bears down by 6 needing to score. Need the QB to step up and own it, be the best player on the field and do something special to make the team win. Be a playmaker. If you think Jimmy Garappolo has more chance to do that than Kizer or Watson, you're nuts.

You don't settle with Jimmy. You get a can't miss QB who will be the very best you could possibly get. Jimmy's assets have nothing to do with the Belichick system. Jimmy just great. Bring Jimmy home and Jimmy will give you a decade of elite play.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You've become gun shy with QBs because of Cutler, and now all you want are dink and dunk game managers. That's fine on an elite team in a rock solid system where the QB doesn't have to do much. The Bears need someone with a bit more pizzazz. Kizer is the guy I want, if they're going to take the QB in round 1. I still like Webb in round 2. I just think Jimmy is a bit limited.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You've become gun shy with QBs because of Cutler, and now all you want are dink and dunk game managers. That's fine on an elite team in a rock solid system where the QB doesn't have to do much. The Bears need someone with a bit more pizzazz. Kizer is the guy I want, if they're going to take the QB in round 1. I still like Webb in round 2. I just think Jimmy is a bit limited.
The only limitations Jimmy has are those limitations people, who don't know Jimmy, put on Jimmy.